Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by coleslaw
It must be the flood of US based status matchers.
Or crazy people who’ve been Silver or above (mostly Gold but never so lofty as GGL) since before Concorde stopped, in the middle of AONE3 tickets trying to check their amended itineraries. The likes of us do probably overwhelm systems.

But I digress… glad to know I’m not the only one seeing some anomalies.

Took hours to get a very simple change made today… though that’s mostly JL but also partly BA as BA had told me previously they could handle it. Only to say matter of factly when it was time to handle it… that they wouldn’t, and it was back to JL again… so I have witnessed more than one level of own-goaling in the last few days of oneworld.

But even after the hours of back and forth on the phone, the app showed original flights (which by now would have been already flown) but BA.com site at some point showed the correctly updated flights. Yet now as I go back to check details once more I just get error messages. I know that BA has been branding itself with surprises like this for awhile now… and last year I don’t think I had one BA flight even that went off without a hitch (multiple downgrades from F to J that needed to be fixed later, two day delay, etc. etc.) But when I can’t even look up my flight…

I sort of miss the days when you just penned in the new flights on the red carbon copy ticket stock and got someone to put a revalidation sticker on it.
BA or bust, SP0 and LCSinTexas like this.

Last edited by Schultzois; Apr 10, 2024 at 7:09 pm
Old Apr 10, 2024, 7:09 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Right now I can’t log in to ba.com or the app. This happens way too often.
Markie and lsquare like this.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:10 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: DL, OZ, AC, AS, AA, BA, Hilton, Hyatt, Marriott, IHG
Originally Posted by Tafflyer
Right now I can’t log in to ba.com or the app. This happens way too often.
I thought it was just me until I decided to have a look on FT. I haven't been able to log in all morning in Singapore. Is there any other way to search for Avios awards?
Old Apr 10, 2024, 8:50 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
I just managed to log in again.
Old Apr 10, 2024, 11:48 pm

Programs: BA GfL & GGL, FB Platinum, MB Titanium, Hilton Diamond
The app logged me out this morning and it took a few attempts to get back in.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 12:10 am

Still can't book a flight this morning, but to login they required me to set up an extra layer of security.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 7:47 am
BOH

Programs: IC Hotels Spire, BA Gold
Anyone else having problems paying for flights today? Specifically, trying to pay a £5 to hold a flight for 72 hours? I fill out all the necessary fields and get to the "Pay and Hold Flights" button (which is "illuminated" if that makes sense, meaning that all fields are correct) and......nothing! No wait messages, no spinning wheel indicating that it is processing the payment.....nothing! Have tried multiple times on 2 different browsers now

Plus is there a "Hold Flights" facility in the BA app on I-Phone? I try the same booking process but don't see any "Hold Flights for £5" option anywhere?
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 12:32 pm
BOH

Originally Posted by BOH
Anyone else having problems paying for flights today? Specifically, trying to pay a £5 to hold a flight for 72 hours? I fill out all the necessary fields and get to the "Pay and Hold Flights" button (which is "illuminated" if that makes sense, meaning that all fields are correct) and......nothing! No wait messages, no spinning wheel indicating that it is processing the payment.....nothing! Have tried multiple times on 2 different browsers now

Plus is there a "Hold Flights" facility in the BA app on I-Phone? I try the same booking process but don't see any "Hold Flights for £5" option anywhere?
Bumping this as still can't hold a flight. Does anyone know if:

1. BA payment system (or hold flights) functionality is down today?
2. Is there a "hold flights for 72 hours" option in the BA App?
Old Apr 11, 2024, 1:29 pm

Couldn't make a booking yesterday, but today did manage to make an instalment on a BA Holiday booking.
Old Apr 11, 2024, 2:51 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by BOH

'Agree and pay now' for a flight isn't working for me - surely they must consider fixing the IT issues if they actually can't take payment for customers?!

PS have worked out the issue is when using a saved payment card - if I re-enter the same payment card details fresh it works. You couldn't make it up!

Last edited by EDIflyer; Apr 11, 2024 at 3:10 pm Reason: Found the bug for BA...
Old Apr 12, 2024, 12:22 am
BOH

Originally Posted by EDIflyer
'Agree and pay now' for a flight isn't working for me - surely they must consider fixing the IT issues if they actually can't take payment for customers?!

PS have worked out the issue is when using a saved payment card - if I re-enter the same payment card details fresh it works. You couldn't make it up!
Yes, it has now worked - by not using my saved card but re-entering the exact same card details manually. You are right....you couldn't make it up!
EDIflyer likes this.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 4:43 pm

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
A particularly irritating couple of minor bugs...

I have a return booked LAX-LHR-LAX. I am putting in traveller details for the booking. The first flight of course will be to LHR. I am a British passport holder and returning home. I have no idea where I will be staying when I make my next trip to LAX in a few months. It won't let me check in until I put in a hotel address. I put in an existing hotel where I happen to be staying. I shall have to remember to change it to the right one when I know it. Surely it is not beyond the wit of the developers (or those instructing them) to leave demanding that information until CBP actually need it - i.e. before I check in for the LHR-LAX flight.

Oh and also it kept refusing the passenger information because "there is a problem with your redress number". There was: I don't need or have one. I solved it by using the app rarther than ba.com. Odd.

Minor matters sub specie aeternitatis I know. But sloppy IMHO...
LCSinTexas likes this.
Old Apr 14, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC GfL, currently GGL
DWKWDII (do you know what date it is?)

Trying to change the date of the return part of a booking:
- select the date you want to fly “24th June”
- you have selected 23rd June: press continue…
- there are no flights on 23rd June. Select the date you want to fly…

Unfortunately the system doesn’t offer me the option of selecting 25th to try to get to 24th! I guess I’ll have to try again once I am back in my “home” time zone 🙄.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:15 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
There is a dedicated thread for the erroneous transmission of "Are you ready to go?" emails. I have moved posts from this thread into that one. It can be found here:

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...-ready-go.html

golfmad
Moderator: BAEC Forum
KARFA likes this.
Old Apr 15, 2024, 8:31 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Getting error messages whenever I try to assign seats on Iberia-operated flights. After accepting the transfer from BA MMB to the Iberia website, instead of bringing up the booking using the Iberia PNR it just falls over and says "this booking cannot be managed online". Bringing the itinerary up on the Iberia site manually works fine, but it then shows the new seat assignment while the BA site still shows the old one after 48 hours, so goodness knows what seats we'll actually end up in. This seems to be the case for at least two future bookings, haven't tried any others.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.