Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Search this Thread

Old Jun 8, 2023, 12:24 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Originally Posted by olivedel
It's been insane for the past couple of weeks, at least.
Just received an email saying that my account has been unlocked, and when I try to connect, I get the following message:
"There is currently no access to your account while we upgrade our system. Please visit the information page to find out how this may affect you. We apologise for any inconvenience caused and thank you for your patience."
And of course when you click of the link of the information page, it gets to a 404...
I got the same wierd email.
And can no longer access the app.
SxMan likes this.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Silver, ICH Plat Amb
Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
Update:
I was able to successfully change my password via a reset (the reset link went to the correct email address).

But I'm still receiving the following error

"Your account is temporarily unavailableWe have locked your account temporarily to keep it safe and secure. For more information please refer to the email or letter you received from us."

But the only email I have says the account is unlocked, with no links on it.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 1:23 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
An interesting bug I haven’t noticed before.

When entering my Australian mobile number, and selecting Australia (+61) as the country code, after pressing save it then appears back as Christmas Island (+61).

Edited it again to select Australia, and upon saving it changed to Christmas Island again.
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:32 pm

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by LondonAussie
When entering my Australian mobile number, and selecting Australia (+61) as the country code, after pressing save it then appears back as Christmas Island (+61).

Edited it again to select Australia, and upon saving it changed to Christmas Island again.
Does the same for US/Canada too (+1), enter US, saves as CA...
Old Jun 8, 2023, 2:35 pm

Programs: BA; IHG; LHW; Hilton
Originally Posted by PantsFlyer
So, what does it mean that our accounts are unlocked? Is this in any way, do we think, linked to the recent data breach of staff details? I don’t understand email and really haven’t got the strength to deal with it today. Everything involving this airline is just becoming far too stressful. 😬🙈
Old Jun 9, 2023, 1:28 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by SxMan
So, what does it mean that our accounts are unlocked? Is this in any way, do we think, linked to the recent data breach of staff details? I don’t understand email and really haven’t got the strength to deal with it today. Everything involving this airline is just becoming far too stressful. 😬🙈
I’ve just spoke to BA. I received the same email, successfully changed password but get the account temporary locked message. Agent said the account was unlocked but now locked again. There was a line saying to ask member if any contact details had changed so I assume it is something to do with a data breach. She said she would message the back office. I wanted to book flights using avios today as well!!
Old Jun 9, 2023, 8:26 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by SxMan
Same for me.
Forced to change my password and now LOCKED OUT for my own security . Needed to book something and now going Turkish Airlines instead. I just cant be ar5ed to faff about with these cowboys atm.

What a crock ....
happeemonkee likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 10:13 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I’m in the same boat with this. Requested today, GGL team thought it would take 24 -36 hours to sort.
happeemonkee likes this.
Old Jun 9, 2023, 11:50 am

Same boat as you guys locked account with a unlocked email any fix for this?
happeemonkee likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Glad to see BA's appalling IT continues - the mobile app (once again after a clearout of data) now lets me see my upcoming flights but not any account activity, yet the website shows me account activity but not any current bookings 🤦
firstlight likes this.
Old Jun 11, 2023, 8:45 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
BA’s IT failings are beyond a joke now - millions of lost revenue, thousands of customers totally fed up and every customer service representative you speak to makes it sound like this is the first incident they have ever heard of with regards BA’s IT. Pathetic.

aks120
Old Jun 12, 2023, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Thought I'd ask the Twitter team - let's just say it wasn't exactly an amazingly insightful reply, consisting of "Sorry to see this, a timescale for a resolution wouldn't be possible" with no real recognition it's an issue, just "Use Manage My Booking on BA.com"...
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:10 am

Programs: FB Silver, Hhonours Diamond
SAW (Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport) is still not showing for Avios bookings, even thought the commercial bookings and a full timetable has been loaded
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:27 am

Programs: BA GGL, British Midland Lifetime* Loser
Originally Posted by desiman
SAW (Istanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport) is still not showing for Avios bookings, even thought the commercial bookings and a full timetable has been loaded
What itinerary are you trying to book? I can make a point-to-point Avios booking for LHR-SAW. Bear in mind the SAW flights don't operate every day. Also, it seems you need to type IST into the field and both SAW and IST then appear as options...
desiman likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2023, 5:29 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Seems to be working for me?

desiman likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.