Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Apr 5, 2023, 8:03 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
I had that error a couple of weeks ago but it had actually created the booking. It showed as a pending transaction on my Amex card but disappeared 5 days later. I can manage the booking but need to get in touch with BA as I suspect they will probably want payment. Then again, if they want to give me a free flight to Atlanta...
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, Hilton Diamond, BD Blue (RIP)
Originally Posted by nobbyclark
I had that error a couple of weeks ago but it had actually created the booking. It showed as a pending transaction on my Amex card but disappeared 5 days later. I can manage the booking but need to get in touch with BA as I suspect they will probably want payment. Then again, if they want to give me a free flight to Atlanta...
Is there a ticket number showing in the app? Generally in this case it will have created the reservation but not ticketed it.
Old Apr 5, 2023, 9:21 am

Programs: BA, Marriott, Hertz, Dennis The Menace Fan Club
Originally Posted by sigma421
Is there a ticket number showing in the app? Generally in this case it will have created the reservation but not ticketed it.
Good point. No, there's no ticket number.
Old Apr 8, 2023, 12:57 am

Programs: BA Gold
Anyone else not able to get onto the BA web site at the moment, tried a couple of browsers...
Old Apr 12, 2023, 9:55 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Anyone else getting the attached error on account sign in? Happening for me on Chrome, Firefox browsers and Ios and Android app versions
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:00 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold. GGL/CCR.
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
Anyone else getting the attached error on account sign in? Happening for me on Chrome, Firefox browsers and Ios and Android app versions
I am able to login fine.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Plat, UA Silver, Bonvoy Titanium Lifetime, Hilton Diamond, IHG Gold Ambassador
Update: may be due to use of a VPN.
Old Apr 12, 2023, 10:24 am
formerly JackDann

Last 2 nights ive got notifications telling me that my gate is open for flight BA61.

Unfortunately I have no reservation to the Maldives, however if theyre offering for free ill take them up on it.

Old Apr 12, 2023, 1:11 pm

Notifications? From the website?
Old Apr 12, 2023, 2:58 pm
formerly JackDann

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Notifications? From the website?
The BA App on mobile - Got one telling me boarding had commenced also.
Old Apr 13, 2023, 4:16 pm

I redeemed flights for some relatives in my F&F list. It's supposed to be a surprise trip for them.

During the online redemption process, I put my own email address for all communications. First itinerary worked fine, I duly received the booking confirmation to my email address.

But booking confirmation for second itinerary was missing, strange.

Eventually one of said relatives sent me the booking confirmation asking if I had booked that? Surprise spoiled.

I really don't understand how BA, in asking during the booking process to put a specific email address for correspondences, decide to randomly correspond with one of the passengers in the booking instead!
BearX220 and EDIflyer like this.

Last edited by carrotjuice; Apr 13, 2023 at 4:53 pm
Old Apr 14, 2023, 7:35 am

Programs: BA, LH
Originally Posted by redpalmetto
I've had the same issue for several days on Safari and Ios. But MS Edge works for me.
Old Apr 14, 2023, 7:39 am

Originally Posted by cammyloon
I've had the same issue for several days on Safari and Ios. But MS Edge works for me.
For me at least it was related to VPN use. After I turned that off all was well.
LCSinTexas and bzado like this.
Old Apr 16, 2023, 12:33 am

Programs: BDLG, BAEC Silver, Skyteam pleb, HH Gold, Hyatt Gold, Club Carlson Gold
Morning All

Apologies if I have posted in the wrong place with this one.

Booked 2 redemptions in C around 355 days out for LGW to BOD on BA2570 on 29/3/24. Oddly, there is no option to choose our seats - we are both Silver. I have been waiting for the return to open up for Monday 1/4/24 - over Easter of course. There is no joy, there is nothing available for the 1st, 2nd, 3rd and now 4th April for purchase or redemption. No flights are opening up despite the dates no longer being grey when searching. RFF just shows "no flights" and the avios page says that BA don't fly there.

Is anyone able to help with any explanation on the late release of seats or issues with the BOD route or known issue with the website?

Thank you.

20-Horse
Old Apr 29, 2023, 3:52 pm

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Trying to book some flights this evening and keep getting:

We weren’t able to process your payment. Please try again to complete your booking.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.