Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Jan 5, 2019, 2:20 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: Prospero
ba.com: technical issues tracker
Please post any technical problems you're experiencing on ba.com below. Include platform, operating system and browser details as necessary.
Print Wikipost

Issues, bugs and glitches on ba.com website [Please keep thread clutter-free!]

Old Mar 21, 2024, 9:23 am

Programs: Mucci. And BA Gold previous awards - Gold 11, Silver 7, Bronze 4.
Originally Posted by flarmip
Silly question but have you refreshed the app? It doesn't automatically update the totals.
Yes I did a couple of hours ago and nothing doing. Logged in and put and still nothing. But checked again just now and all good.

PS Clearly some sort of timing delay between updating the data on the web and in the app.
flarmip likes this.

Last edited by BA or bust; Mar 21, 2024 at 9:30 am
Old Mar 21, 2024, 11:35 am

Programs: BA GGL
Apparently I've managed to use a combination of Barclays and Amex vouchers for the booking I did last night!

Old Mar 21, 2024, 12:07 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by flarmip
Apparently I've managed to use a combination of Barclays and Amex vouchers for the booking I did last night!
Must be another bug! All of mine seem to have been used on 28th April 2023, even two that were used in the past 6 weeks.
Also, same as you apparently all for the same booking reference.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 2:37 am

I just had an issue with paying for a reserved ticket (5). I still had a few hours left before it expires and so took them up on the offer. When I went to complete the booking, it simply wouldn’t load. I called up the reservations (India) which was answered within seconds and the agent rectified the issue by taking a manual payment and logged the website issue the support team. All in all it was very well handled.
crazy8534 likes this.
Old Mar 22, 2024, 3:18 pm

Programs: AA ExPl, DL PM, UA Silver, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott Titanium, probably some others
I tried making a LCY-DUB booking on the site today using my Avios. Twice entered my credit card information and received the "Sorry, an error has occurred" message. Switched browsers and got it again. Called into BA and was told that there's a known issue with US-based BA accounts making reservations using Avios at the moment and that they would not be able to complete a reservation using Avios over the phone, either.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 3:56 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy LT Plat, Hilton Gold, GHA Tit, BA Gold, Turkish Elite
I'm still unable to login to the iPhone app after over a month now. No matter what account number and password I use (subject to some basic rules they've encoded), I get the error "We're sorry, something went wrong. Please try again or contact us if the problem continues".

When I have raised this a few times with BA I'm told a lot of people are getting the issue and it is what it is. Am I the only person on FT?
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:51 am

Programs: Qantas Platinum (Oneworld Emerald)
Trying to select a seat for an upcoming flight, no seats available, every seat is marked as X. However when I look on Expert Flyer, there are many vacant seats.
Old Mar 25, 2024, 1:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, KrisFlyer Elite Gold, HHonors Diamond
Trying to check-in CAI-LHR-JFK(…) but keep getting the error. While I know that not being able to issue a boarding pass is pretty common this error as attached semmes new to me. Anyone experienced it before? AA ticket, first/second leg BA. Some changes done to the ticket a while ago but says „Ticketed“ on AA. Need to worry or just wait for airport CI tomorrow?

Edit: Check-in at the airport went smooth without any issues though…

Last edited by ToKo; Mar 26, 2024 at 8:02 am
Old Mar 25, 2024, 8:54 am

A new one for me today - with this error showing up when I'm trying to select seats! Any advice appreciated 😊
Old Mar 26, 2024, 7:15 am

Fun and games with the website this morning. Got the "Action required before you fly..." email. I think I've got everything input but, of course, decided to log on to check.

All very slow, twice (so far) timed out with an "Our systems are not responding" error.

Got a "you need to add more information before you fly" message on the flight details page - which I thought was odd as everything but the optional parts were filled in. Went in and checked it all.

Query - I've got an ESTA, not a green card or a visa, so I assume the correct answer to the multiple choice is "No, I don't have either"?

Foolishly clicked on Submit rather than Cancel, even though I hadn't changed anything and it fell over in a heap. When I go back to the flight details page the message about needing to add more information is no longer present, so I assume it showing up in the first place was a glitch.

Every action is like wading through treacle.

I'm not nervous about flying, but I am nervous about getting something required wrong or leaving it out - they don't realise how much anxiety their unreliable systems can cause!
sayling likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
"Dear Customer, Booking reference: 123ABC
Thank you for booking your forthcoming trip with British Airways.
We are contacting you as the balance for this trip is due on 30 March 2024.

WHAT TO DO NEXT
Your outstanding balance will not be taken automatically.
Visit Manage My Booking, click on "Make additional payment" and follow the customer friendly process."

< Clicks the Manage My Booking link >

The link was :
https: //ba.com/mmb/1?bookingRef=ABC123&lastname=Customer&source=DPB

Whatever the frailties of BA's IT, you can't say that they don't put the Customer at the heart of things ....
ajamieson, BA or bust and flarmip like this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 11:09 am

Programs: BA Gold / Hilton Diamond / IHG Diamond Ambassador / Marriot Bonvoy Gold
Jam tomorrow!

Recently shared my thoughts about the state of BA.com and got this reply today. Anyone on here involved in the testing? Given the near universal level of complaints its hard to see how feedback could be anything but better

"We're aware there have been issues with ba.com and our app, which is why we're in the process of rebuilding them from scratch. This is the biggest change since these were first introduced many years ago. I'm pleased to say they're currently being tested, and the feedback so far has been very positive. We're hoping this will be fully rolled out by the end of the year."
Old Mar 26, 2024, 4:03 pm

I was able to change return flights on ba.com and the app for itinerary CAI-JFK-CAI even though fare rules have a ~1100EGP change fee. This has been working for over a year for me, but once I involved an Indian call center agent, they forced the change fee and ticket re-issue (app would let me change the date and time for free and keep original ticket numbers). Agent told me they "re-price and reissue" every time you call them. Systems might be glitchy but sometimes they work better than humans.
BA or bust likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2024, 10:52 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist
The app is now spitting out white boarding passes for me, been a while since Ive seen one of those!

No group number at all is displayed on it.
itll make getting through TFW interesting this morning, glad I keep a physical card on me. I know I can access via the app, but a) awkward to do when Ill be presenting my BP on my phone, b) that assumes the App is behaving!
Old Mar 27, 2024, 7:59 am

Anyone else had random Avios transactions on their account today?

Just happened to be logged into BA.com and my balance looked way higher than I remembered. Checked transactions and 5x individual 10,000 Avios amounts have posted, all today. It just says "Avios Adjustment: British Airways" - don't think it's service recovery as it normally states this? Maybe it'll disappear in a few hours, who knows!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.