Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 19, 2019, 5:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL & GfL, AA LTP, Marriott (sigh) Ambassador, Hilton Diamond
can we re-focus on terrible people on BA related flights pls? i cant with posts about other experiences or the red trousers which in america have a different meaning. thanks.
Globalist and Paren like this.
Old Sep 19, 2019, 11:25 pm

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by cbyrne92
My biggest error (I blame tiredness) was boarding a 747 at JFK for my first trip on the UD after assigning myself 62K.

In my dreary eyed state, I think of K as being on my left hand side as I walk down the aisle so proceed to sit myself comfortably in 64A, decline dinner and get myself to sleep straight after take off.

Only after I awoke did I realise that I had inadvertantly taken someone elses seat.

Thank you to whoever you were in being so gracious as to let me sleep!
I’ve done the short haul version of that when a plane only has a door at the rear. “If I’m B I’ll be on the right...”
Old Sep 20, 2019, 3:15 am

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by AverageHighFlyer
Being used to the London Tube, after the train came to a halt, I just kept staring at the door, willing it to open - but it simply refused. After a few awkward seconds, I gave in and pressed the button.
Better not fly back to LCY. The DLR may come as a shock!
ermis177 and AverageHighFlyer like this.
Old Sep 22, 2019, 3:59 pm

Programs: AS 75k, UA peon, BA Bronze, AC E50k, Marriott Plat, HH Diamond, Fairmont Plat (RIP)
I’ll chip in one from my flight today from VIE to LHR. I was in the last row of CE. In fact they may have moved the curtain back just for little ol’ me as I was the only person in row 6 after an inbound delay caused me to miss my connecting OS flight and OS rebooked me onto BA at the last minute. So they KWIA.

But the real DYKWIA was a lady from behind the curtain. Once the seatbelt sign went off, a fellow in row 3 got up to use the lav. Just as I got up to use it after him, the lady barges through the curtain almost pushing me back into my seat. She follows me to the front and the (incredibly awesome) FA told the lady she needed to use the lav in the back. She said there was a queue and she was not going to wait in any line. He asked her if her need was urgent and she said no but she wasn’t going to stand in line. The CSD said she needed to go to the back as it is a different cabin and there were business class passengers waiting to use the lav up front. She loudly declared that she had been flying with BA for 20 years and millions of miles, she was not going to wait in any line and she will use whatever toilet she wanted to. She refused to move so there wasn’t really much they could do and in she went when the guy came out. Heavy Eastern European accent so neither Austrian nor British. And considering there were 3 empty CE seats, despite her ‘millions of miles’, it seems BA did not KWSW either.
lhrpete, ens100, cosmo74 and 1 others like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:13 am

Programs: BA Gold
I've seen monogrammed luggage before but this is a first (for me anyway), added DYKWIA points for having the Gold card positioned just right.

Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:22 am

Programs: BA Gold
Luggage identification: ... should have gone to Specsavers....
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:30 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
If he hasn't got a cover for that then you can expect another tweet in 12 hours or so showing it absolutely scratched to bits.
DYKWIA, Steve_ZA, wrp96 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 8:36 am

Originally Posted by Wozza2404
If he hasn't got a cover for that then you can expect another tweet in 12 hours or so showing it absolutely scratched to bits.
Hang on, you mean that those yellow streaks through the monogram aren’t scratch marks already?
nilsfr69 likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:20 am

Programs: BAEC blue dust
There's LV, JG and HB on that luggage... That man clearly doesn't even know who he is
Old Oct 4, 2019, 9:40 am

Louis Vuitton luggage is tacky in the extreme, in my opinion.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
So does anyone know who the flamboyant luggage owner with the silly haircut is? Someone, anyone?

He's flying 1st class don't.you know, apparently got a mention in the daily mail in July don't you know.
Great_circle likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:12 am

Programs: BA Gold , Mucci recipient. Coffee Drinker, Blue Sky Thinker
Originally Posted by Irreverent Medusa
There's LV, JG and HB on that luggage... That man clearly doesn't even know who he is
I know what he is...
BA6501, RoyalSwazi, PAL62V and 5 others like this.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, BA AMEX PP, Amex Platinum
Originally Posted by sunshinebob
I know what he is...
Yet surprisingly no FW, FT, or DH initials on the luggage. Still at a total loss as to who he is though.
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:22 am
Suspended

Programs: Regarded as total and utter snob amongst the BAEC community.
Originally Posted by The Geek
So does anyone know who the flamboyant luggage owner with the silly haircut is? Someone, anyone?

He's flying 1st don't you know!

He's flying 1st class don't.you know, apparently got a mention in the daily mail in July don't you know.
A British singer-songwriter

https://www.johngaleamusic.com/
Old Oct 4, 2019, 10:24 am

Originally Posted by The Geek
Yet surprisingly no FW, FT, or DH initials on the luggage. Still at a total loss as to who he is though.
I couldn't care less. Anyone who has his picture taken in F so he can put it on Twitter has no class....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.