Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2019 edition

Search this Thread

Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:23 am

Originally Posted by lorcancoyle

I was just in a boarding queue at LHR and they called boarding for red trousered pax before group 1. I tried to argue that my mustard corduroys were entitled to priority boarding as well but they weren’t having it
For mustard corduroys to be given any precedence they need to be inserted into rubber boots.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
This is now officially a DYKHID thread
nancypants likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BA GGL (for now) and Lifetime Gold, Marriott fan thanks to Bonvoy Moments
Originally Posted by Fitch
This is now officially a DYKHID thread
for the avoidance of doubt I have no mustard corduroys / jeans / chinos or any other variety of mustard trousers (nor any red ones)

Last edited by lorcancoyle; Sep 7, 2019 at 12:12 pm
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:37 am

Programs: Seniors Bus Pass
Originally Posted by thejohn
Damm I might be out of luck with my Tartan trousers I really need to be boarded before my group 1 entitlement..... oh the joy of SSSS then your first on before anyone else
John
Rupert Bear, is that you?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 11:52 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
The rude T5 lift DYKWIA that I had the misfortune to encounter the other day had red trousers on! What is it with them???
Old Sep 7, 2019, 12:10 pm

Programs: BA GGL, LH FTL
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
The rude T5 lift DYKWIA that I had the misfortune to encounter the other day had red trousers on! What is it with them???

My personal theory - they show a complete disregard of others people's optic nerves. People capable of that are capable of anything.

And yes, it's primarily a sin of the 50+ community.
T8191 likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 2:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Originally Posted by Brighterside
Can we get this thread back on topic please.
Fair comment. I won’t mention my red, mustard, pink and other coloured chinos.

BTW, can we also ease off on the ageist comments LCY8737? Thank you.
Old Sep 7, 2019, 4:20 pm
Ambassador: Emirates Airlines

What the heck happened to this thread?
Old Sep 7, 2019, 5:29 pm

Originally Posted by DYKWIA
What the heck happened to this thread?

Let me get in back on track.

LBA. On arrival at bag check in they had slightly adjusted the barriers for the the already confusing priority and other queues.

I am Gold- flying in CE connection to 1st

Approached the queue. 3 in priority- 1 in other queue. 1 desk open

1st person in priority went up- not priority but had a booking query which they managed and then checked them in. Turns out we we were the only priority people on the priority queue- but not in a hurry so waited.

A new couple approached and went to the KLM desk. The KLM agent then opened a new BA desk as these people were priority!! no check as to whom in the current queue may be priority

In the lounge the chap approached us and told me he was priority, which was why he had asked for another desk to be opened . I didn't respond

Flights was called and we were 1st in the queue. No priority boarding at LBA . The chap then went to the desk and declared that he was priority and formed his own queue which others joined. I know the desk staff quite well as I fly from LBA a lot. They were beyond bemused. I stood my ground and boarded first but then his new queue then boarded before the rest of the plane including the group 1 who were waiting in the right queue .
Blue on his boarding pass in CE. He didn't have red trousers on although I suspect that he owns some.
wrp96, ENTP and caedwa like this.

Last edited by Barnaby100; Sep 7, 2019 at 5:36 pm
Old Sep 7, 2019, 6:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Uhm.... red trousers... i must get a pair (always thought they were a bit naff)
Old Sep 8, 2019, 7:17 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Queue jumpers are everywhere not just airports. I was queuing the other day for a treat and had to put up with two DYKWIA's who refused to join the back of the line.

Old Sep 8, 2019, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: FB Platinum, M&M FTL, BA Blue
Post of the month, that, I reckon!
HIDDY likes this.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 1:35 am

Programs: LH
A very mediocre DYKWIA situation on OS flight today. E95 so seating is 2-2. Guy seats himself 1F, well business dressed, looks like seasoned flyer. Within a minute gets approached by purser and asked to show his BP. Purser looks at it and says:" Would you please move to your seat 10F?" Guy does not argue, just says he did not notice it and moves back.
Maybe if he was wearing red pants, he would get away with it.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 3:17 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by shady
A very mediocre DYKWIA situation on OS flight today. E95 so seating is 2-2. Guy seats himself 1F, well business dressed, looks like seasoned flyer. Within a minute gets approached by purser and asked to show his BP. Purser looks at it and says:" Would you please move to your seat 10F?" Guy does not argue, just says he did not notice it and moves back.
Maybe if he was wearing red pants, he would get away with it.
Number dyslexia is a thing! 01 and 10 are easily mixed up :P
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:48 am

Programs: too many
Originally Posted by alex67500
Number dyslexia is a thing! 01 and 10 are easily mixed up :P
It is indeed, I have it and amongst other occurences, once confused 23A and 32A, so every time I fly I try to get a row number less than 10, since generally there is only one number on the boarding pass
alex67500 and ubiest like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.