Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA just tried to up sell me CE on the CityFlyer to LCY

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA just tried to up sell me CE on the CityFlyer to LCY

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2018, 9:33 am

Programs: BA GGL CCR GfL, SQ Gold, Hyatt Glob, HH Diamond, Marriott Plat, Cafe Nero Loyalty Card (7 Stamps)
I hadn't actually considered it, but since the advent of lifetime status I'll bet there are quite a few people who will now take these CE upgrade offers who previously wouldn't have as well.
Old May 21, 2018, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by Misco60
That's certainly not the intention, but the OP does seem to be ignoring the various reasons that people have given for choosing CE and just repeating reasons why he thinks Ryanair is as good as CE (and even tops it off by claiming that CE is "a ridiculous product" )
Very fair comment.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by cupsandsaucers
So TP's aside.
With status. You would buy a CE seat on a LCY Embraer? I mean fair enough. It's your call. Forgive me if I smirk on the way past you to "economy". Enjoy your food. (I'll be stuffed from the lounge).
Quite a feat, if flying from LCY.
Wozza2404 likes this.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC: Silver. Nothing else as TopCashBack trumps all hotel programs
Originally Posted by NickB
Quite a feat, if flying from LCY.
£35 for the business lounge I believe. £70 for a meal on board in CE.
Hmmm.

Alas. this thread is done and done to death. I've heard the reasons people use to fly CE. Particularly on this route. Some of them I don't really get. But each to their own.
Certainly for non status PAX it is nice to get all the airside and kerbside stuff.
Old May 21, 2018, 10:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

£35 for the business lounge I believe. £70 for a meal on board in CE.
Have you actually used the LCY lounge and are you aware of the set-up and that you have to trek to the Jet Centre by shuttle then come back, then go through security? And have you actually paid £35 for it? Frankly, I would be extremely surprised if there was a customer base who will refuse point-blank to pay CE ex-LCY because it is not good value and yet would think nothing of shelling out £35 for the lounge arrangements available there.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:00 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
For a silver PAX I can't see a good reason (other than TP's) to fly CE on an Embraer. (assuming golds will take the bulkhead seats [likely]).
Is it likely?

If we look at this Friday - the first day where bulkhead seats would not yet be opened up to non-Gold status - we can see there are 9 flights from EDI to LCY (6 E190, 3 E170)

That makes a total of 36 bulkhead seats over the course of the day. At the time of writing, just 12 of them are occupied. Only 1 flight has all 4 occupied while 3 flights have no-one in the bulkhead seats yet, and 3 have just 1 passenger.

Yes, no doubt Theoretical Seating will play a part come T-72, but it seems more likely than not that a savvy Bronze of Silver could secure a bulkhead seat on that day.
Old May 21, 2018, 12:16 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
And just to flesh that out a little further - if we were only interested in 2CD on the E190 as the prime legroom seats, it would likely be available to a Silver on 4 of the 6 flights (on one, 2CD are both occupied, while on another TS would likely lock out the option as 2D is occupied)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.