Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jun 9, 2018, 5:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, Honors Diamond
Finally booked travel and hotel for this, so count me in . Looking forward to it!
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 2:40 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Definitely there.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:04 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold;BA GGL; hhonors lifetime diamond; Marriott lt Gold; IH Plat Amb; Amex Centurion
me too look forward to it.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:49 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I rarely fly now, but would love to come. I'll ask my +1 too, that will depend on whether the +2 will have a babysitter.
Old Jun 10, 2018, 3:59 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
I'm going to add myself to the potential list. I don't think I've been to one before, but I do have a vague memory of attending something at this venue years ago so It's possible I did!
Old Jun 10, 2018, 4:37 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Lord Jon
I'm in.

Are there name tags? I've never done of these before
I still have some printable labels left from previous DOs so can do name tags for this one too
Old Jun 10, 2018, 6:22 am

I plan to attend.
Old Jun 12, 2018, 10:10 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by MarkedMan

not that type of gig. No charge turn up, the more the merrier, all drink welcome. You pay for booze, if they organise food it’s “free” but leave a nice contrib in the charity pot, I’d say a tenner if you cam afford it is nice. It’s very informal, all welcome
thanks
Old Jun 12, 2018, 8:28 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Can a non-BA flying outsider attend?
Calchas likes this.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 12:04 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, Bonvoy Tit, Hilton Dia etc etc
Originally Posted by TomMM
It's been known to happen and very much welcomed

If you're a flying nut, you'll be mostly at home, notwithstanding the different pet peeves and go-to topics one might have flying with BA as opposed to other airlines.
Old Jun 13, 2018, 9:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All are welcome
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:10 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, Hilton Diamond, Radisson Rewards Gold, Best Western Diamond Select
I’m IAH based but I’ll be in London for a week around that time so I’ll try to make it if the schedule permits!
Calchas likes this.
Old Jun 14, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Virgin Flying Club Silver
Am definitely going to try and make this one after missing the last few years ....
Old Jun 14, 2018, 1:24 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold & GGL & CCR, HH Diam, Bonvoy Titanium, IHG Spire, Tastecard
Originally Posted by MarkedMan

not that type of gig. No charge turn up, the more the merrier, all drink welcome. You pay for booze, if they organise food it’s “free” but leave a nice contrib in the charity pot, I’d say a tenner if you cam afford it is nice. It’s very informal, all welcome
great summary! yes, all welcome. no tickets to buy, no limit on attendees and Gavin's team look after us very well - sometimes with free food. All at very reasonable bar prices.

Originally Posted by Lord Jon
I'm in.

Are there name tags? I've never done of these before
we have done them in the past. even had boarding passes. let's see how the prep team feel this year....

Originally Posted by Calchas
I'm in.

Tickets are not required; you simply turn up. We are all very friendly (in my case, after a few beers) so it doesn't matter if you don't know anyone yet.

OHs are welcome.

There will be a bar serving beers, wines, and probably champagne. The prices are actually quite good for the area.
wasn't it after a few bottles of white wine that were recovered from the bottom of an ocean in 2017..... ?

Originally Posted by Barnaby100
We are in London- at Bankside as it is The Globe midnight production. Can we just drop in? (me and my adult daughter- who might not be so keen!)
yes

Originally Posted by gav0106

When she sees the venue she may be more keen!!

Delighted to say that this year we will be hosting you in our brand new high end Marquee. It is being specially made at the moment and is due on site around the 26th of June. You will all the be amongst the first to experience this new venue with its own private terrace and views across the river. Looking forward to seeing you all there. Gavin
you do know how to spoil us - like it's 2013 when we had your borrowed marquee.

Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
Will there be a raffle? I have a something I can donate - a (limited edition?) Links of London silver-plated boarding pass from long-departed Silverjet. It might appeal to someone. If not it’s going off to the charity shop
we have done raffles in the past - PM me with details and we'll contemplate it. It's been a great way of raising money for charity but also a fair amount of work (when we did auctions - less so far raffles). the more i think about it, the more i think a raffle would be a good idea....

yes. if you can recite the beginners guide in the sticky threads on here, you'll be fine.

kidding. i've even dragged train geek friends along in the past....
Old Jun 14, 2018, 2:53 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Ill be on a BA to SEA on the 13th
untill next time......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.