Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old May 14, 2018, 9:45 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: NoTiersForMe

Venue
Shepherd Hall
St Thomas’ Hospital
Westminster Bridge Road
London
SE1 7EH

Venue thanks to gav0106 and his team at St Thomas’ Hospital. For those of you who are new they are employed directly by the hospital and 100% of any profits we make from events and bar spend goes straight back to the Trust for projects involving patients and staff, so by supporting this event you will be giving back as well.

Google maps
PDF map
Virtual tour of Shepherd Hall

Nearby hotels include: Premier Inn County Hall and York Road, Park Plaza County Hall, Westminster, Riverbank, Hilton Bankside, Doubletree Westminster, Hampton Waterloo, and Marriott County Hall.

Food & Drink
There will be a sofa area and BBQ on the Terrace (as well as seating in the main room). details of food and drink to follow.

The hospital does take credit cards but not Amex due to the charges they impose.

All profits are re-invested into the Trust and the venue is being provided to us completely free of charge.

A trip review of the 2013 DO at the same venue: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/trip-reports/1474200-ba-london-do-2013-a.html (though can't promise it'll be quite as extravagant)

Hotels
Current sales
Please highlight any sales which cover Friday night.

Attendees updated to include post 218
Confirmed - 63
aks120, amanx, Barnaby100+1, bigmarley4, Brainless69, Calchas, chris1979, Chris9642, cgtechuk, Cris L, Cymro, DeathSlam, doctoravios, dylanks, Fontana, Fitch, GadgetGal, hsmall, Johnny5a, KARFA, Keep it Riel, LavaJava+1, LYC8737, LondonAndy, Lord Jon, lost_in_translation, MarkedMan, megaloman, Mirp, MrMutton, nick.t.davies, nh1980, NoTiersForMe+1, NWIFlyer+1, onobond, Pandra+1, Physci+1, pjh981+1, PWOZUK, Raffles+1, robertf999, Scallywag72+1, squawk, statsman, S_W_S, s1362083, teledude, TomMM, TPRun+1, wanderingjock, WickedStepMother, Woodbinerich, YacozA

Possible - 13
AStarr, atcer28, Godot, Forever in Seattle, KeaneJohn, MikeP, ringingup+1, Skye1, slickvik, snuffi, visualAd+1
Print Wikipost

The 2018 London Summer DO - Friday 13 July 2018

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:26 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club
Hilton 5+ BadgeHyatt 5+ Badge

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Ambassador, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, Mucci des Salons Ouvrants
Wow - that looks fabulous - I cant wait - will be there in about 20 mins

aks120
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: BA GGL
Seeing as I am at the bar, I am upgrading myself to definite...
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:35 am

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Be there in about an hour or so.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Just got off at Westminster. Seems fine and walking across bridge now.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
There’s quite a few people with purple hair at Waterloo
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:10 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Is anyone else finding it hard to actually locate the venue inside the hospital. Shepard’s hall restaurant door is closed , and there is no access along the front of building I can find
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:18 pm

Sadly let down by baby sitter so not on way to London. Shame to miss out on this fantastic venue. I hope you guys have a great time.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:26 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Enjoy the Do everybody. Very jealous. Wasn’t going to be able to make it in any case, I have a poorly toddler at home so been cleaning up vomit most of the evening.

I’m looking forward to the next do in PHX!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:45 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club, HHonors
I’m afraid the protests against President Trump mean I’m still at work and unable to attend tonight. I hope everyone has a great time and I look forward to the next ‘do’.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 12:58 pm

Programs: QF BAEC [Gold]
Still in transit slight delay to original schedule
Old Jul 13, 2018, 1:39 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Sadly work has got the best of me and I'm unable to make it. Hope everyone enjoys immensely!
Old Jul 13, 2018, 3:11 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Good Do gents. Genuinely stunned by the range and quality of food available on the house - and you won't find many other £3 beers near Waterloo. I popped a note in the pot and hope everyone else does the same.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 4:40 pm

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
My second Do. A really lovely evening at a stunning venue and great opportunity to see some familiar faces again and also to match up some familiar FlyerTalk names with their owners.
WSM xx
Cris L and wanderingjock like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:08 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR; RyanAir MillionMiler :( ;
really excellent event - and great to meet a few of the regulars on here and a few new names too. My first "do" but not my last. thanks very much to chris and gavin (very best for your new challenges) for organising - and to everyone that I spoke to for making me feel welcome. wj
Cris L and WickedStepMother like this.
Old Jul 13, 2018, 5:35 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, Vietnam Airlines Lotusmiles Platinum
Originally Posted by WickedStepMother
My second Do. A really lovely evening at a stunning venue and great opportunity to see some familiar faces again and also to match up some familiar FlyerTalk names with their owners.
WSM xx
Lovely to meet you, and I think a change of user name is in order... I’m suggesting BeautifulStepMother.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.