Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 SJC Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old May 10, 2018, 11:15 am

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by hectorb
Thanks. Do you think that implies that the flight is at risk of being cancelled, or maybe a different aircraft assigned to that route?
If it is zeroed out, very strong chance of cancellation I’m afraid.

Pilot37
Old May 10, 2018, 11:41 am

I don't know if it's significant, but there were no cancellations on BA278/279 this week, after several weeks of Monday and/or Wednesday cancellations. Perhaps they are moving to a different route for any upcoming repairs.
Old May 10, 2018, 11:42 am

Programs: BA GGL, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Pilot37

If it is zeroed out, very strong chance of cancellation I’m afraid.

Pilot37
same issue for my flight on 29/06

i wonder if one can voluntarily move to a different routing now? My preferred route is already selling in W only on that day..

i also wonder what the BA strategy is for cancellations on this route..
Old May 10, 2018, 12:21 pm

Bit worried about this, i'm flying LHR-SJC on Wednesday 20th June! Looking at either the BA website or Google Flights there are no flights available from 9th June to the 1st July. They're not going to cancel 3 weeks of flights in a row are they?
Old May 10, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Is there any way to check for SJC > LHR on 6 June with a return on 24 June?
Old May 10, 2018, 3:13 pm

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Doosh
Bit worried about this, i'm flying LHR-SJC on Wednesday 20th June! Looking at either the BA website or Google Flights there are no flights available from 9th June to the 1st July. They're not going to cancel 3 weeks of flights in a row are they?
Im hit with this on both my outbound and return from London next month. My guess is that BA is being proactive about these cancellations in markets where they have the availability to reroute you to/from a nearby airport like SFO. There are places where the 787 flies where its not that easy to reroute, and putting passengers onto other carriers gets expensive.
Old May 10, 2018, 3:41 pm

Originally Posted by JayeJ
Is there any way to check for SJC > LHR on 6 June with a return on 24 June?
The 6th looks ok right now. The 24th, not so much. All zeros.
Old May 10, 2018, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Ritz-Carlton Gold
We (family of four with a 7 and a 4 year old) also have flights to/from SJC in June that are zeroed out but not cancelled. Having taken a quick look at the SFO flights for those days F/J availability is not great, so I'm worried that waiting until our flights are cancelled will make it very difficult to keep each adult with a child, and that's even if the F seats are downgraded.

Has anyone attempted to change flights before a cancellation actually occurs, and was BA receptive to this?
Old May 10, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
Would someone mind checking Sat 2nd June LHR > SJC for the “zeros “ please -thanks!

Last edited by jrc999; May 10, 2018 at 6:10 pm
Old May 10, 2018, 7:03 pm

Originally Posted by jrc999
Would someone mind checking Sat 2nd June LHR > SJC for the “zeros “ please -thanks!
Showing zeros I'm afraid
Old May 10, 2018, 7:47 pm

Programs: BAEC - back to lowly blue. Marriott - Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by SJCPremier
The 6th looks ok right now. The 24th, not so much. All zeros.
Thanks very much for checking. The outbound was of more concern and I can deal with whatever happens on the way back. We drive from SJC to our home -- about 2 1/2 hours so we stay the night on the return. It would be nice to have a few day's notice of a change so that I could adjust my hotel reservations.
Old May 11, 2018, 7:54 am

Programs: BA GGL, Royal Ambassador
Bad news, just had both my SJC flights cancelled

LHR - SJC 10th June, BA278
SJC - LHR - 17th June, BA279

Colleague has also just has hid SJC - LHR cancelled on 15th June. They're dropping like flies.
I have been re-routed via SFO.

Ed
Old May 11, 2018, 8:16 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
I just booked LHR-SJC 22 July: lots of seats, even got my return in F for just £200 extra.

I don't actually want to fly to SJC, SFO is better for me, but I got a much better price to SJC.

​​​​​​I look forwards to finding out if these flights will be cancelled, and how I will be rerouted
​​​​​
​​​​​
Old May 11, 2018, 8:53 am

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by TeamStorm
Bad news, just had both my SJC flights cancelled

LHR - SJC 10th June, BA278
SJC - LHR - 17th June, BA279

Colleague has also just has hid SJC - LHR cancelled on 15th June. They're dropping like flies.
I have been re-routed via SFO.

Ed
Looks like June is being badly hit. I was on the LHR-SJC service on the 16th. It was cancelled this morning. When I rang, the Avios team originally said "Nothing available to San Jose that day, let's look either side". When I explained that I really need to be in the Bay area on the 16th and proactively suggested SFO direct or via another city, the agent spoke to her Manager and two cash seats on one of the SFO services were opened up and we were rebooked. Great work from the Avios team and a reminder that it's best to know what you want in advance.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:38 am

Originally Posted by baggageinhall
Looks like June is being badly hit. I was on the LHR-SJC service on the 16th. It was cancelled this morning. When I rang, the Avios team originally said "Nothing available to San Jose that day, let's look either side". When I explained that I really need to be in the Bay area on the 16th and proactively suggested SFO direct or via another city, the agent spoke to her Manager and two cash seats on one of the SFO services were opened up and we were rebooked. Great work from the Avios team and a reminder that it's best to know what you want in advance.
You've had better luck than me. I was told its probably just a schedule change and I should wait until after the weekend to see if it sorts itself out. I realize its a HUACA situation, but frustrating when the hold time was 45 minutes.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.