Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 SJC Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2018, 5:10 pm

Any update on this route post 18th June, are flights still going ahead or have BA yet to update the system?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 3:35 am

Has BA informed anyone who is flying tomorrow whether the flights to SJC are going ahead as planned?
Old Jun 17, 2018, 11:25 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by F10GLA
Has BA informed anyone who is flying tomorrow whether the flights to SJC are going ahead as planned?
The flight for tomorrow is currently scheduled outside of any other last minute factors, which can affect any flight, it should go ahead.
Old Jun 17, 2018, 12:07 pm

I fly this route a lot. One cancellation since the route launched - nothing recent.

If you do get cancelled take the early flight out of SFO not the later A380. Never had an op up on the A380 - the 1600 - 9/10 times or a cheap 500 buck paid upgrade from PE to CW. Expert flyer is your friend when deciding whether to pay or not !
Old Jun 18, 2018, 5:53 pm

Programs: Hyatt Gold Passport, Starwood, Marriott, HRC
it was SFO that we asked for, less than 60 miles away from SJC on ground and no more than 1-2 miles air distance. we just ended up flyting a day earlier, but lost good (window) seats in Business that we had booked quite a while ago and ended up in less desirable middle area on the outbound. The lack of understanding and refusal to escalate was particularly vexing at the time. It certainly made us reconsider our very long relationship with BA.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BA Blue
Got a text from BA today cancelling the SJC flight from heathrow on the 15th January and they rebooked it for the 16th.
Called to have it changed to go from Lax. They were pretty relaxed about it. All worked out as it was a 2 for 1 rewards booking, and Lax flights seem to be very rare
Old Jul 3, 2018, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
Originally Posted by tboyjnr
Got a text from BA today cancelling the SJC flight from heathrow on the 15th January and they rebooked it for the 16th.
Called to have it changed to go from Lax. They were pretty relaxed about it. All worked out as it was a 2 for 1 rewards booking, and Lax flights seem to be very rare
Welcome to flyertalk tboyjnr!

I have to wonder if this was an operational change (like the number of days a week BA flies to SJC was changed, or a single cancellation for another reason) or if this was because of the the engine issues with the 787.

January seems a long way out for this to be an engine issue.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 1:15 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by tboyjnr
And I will add my greetings to you tboyjnr, welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum, it's good to get new members here. Well done on getting it rebooked, even if you do lose the advantage of a rapid entry into the USA. I presume you didn't want to go via SFO, or couldn't get seats, since SFO would be the more normal alternative for SJC flights. Welcome on board.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:28 pm

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by jerub
Welcome to flyertalk tboyjnr!

I have to wonder if this was an operational change (like the number of days a week BA flies to SJC was changed, or a single cancellation for another reason) or if this was because of the the engine issues with the 787.

January seems a long way out for this to be an engine issue.
Thanks mate! It is quite a long time away, who knows.. But I'm happy. Get to fly in the A380

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And I will add my greetings to you tboyjnr, welcome to Flyertalk and the BA forum, it's good to get new members here. Well done on getting it rebooked, even if you do lose the advantage of a rapid entry into the USA. I presume you didn't want to go via SFO, or couldn't get seats, since SFO would be the more normal alternative for SJC flights. Welcome on board.
Thanks! long time lurker.
I had a BA 2 for 1 voucher to use, and wanted to do a trip to california and then Costa Rica / cancun/ Panama. So got a redemption flight to sjc in F as that was the only cali city available at the time.
managed to get the outbound changed to Lax after checking daily for weeks for award flights to become available, but the inbound from LA or even SFO never became available for January. So was happy this happened, well lucky.
Also wanted to fly in the A380, Lax also seems to have more flights going south of the US.

Is Lax a nightmare? :/
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:32 pm

Wink

Greetings, just found this thread and am a little anxious....
Has anyone experienced any current cancellations from SJC to LHR on the 789?
We're scheduled to go on Friday August 24, 2018 on First award tickets.
Please say we have options as these have been booked for 11 1/2 months!
Thanks to all you experts!!
Old Jul 3, 2018, 3:39 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Elite
After a period of not running the SJC service at all, BA seems to be running it every day again.

I'm flying this route in a few weeks and am not worried at all.
Old Jul 3, 2018, 5:37 pm

Thanks for the reassurance jerub! Hopefully things have been worked out.....
Old Jul 5, 2018, 10:49 am

Anyone have word on any recent 787-900 cancellations, or has BA gotten this under control?
Thanks
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:12 pm

Programs: All the usual suspects
Originally Posted by tnt10
Greetings, just found this thread and am a little anxious....
Has anyone experienced any current cancellations from SJC to LHR on the 789?
We're scheduled to go on Friday August 24, 2018 on First award tickets.
Please say we have options as these have been booked for 11 1/2 months!
Thanks to all you experts!!
I guess I've been lucky but not had a problem on this route and I've flown it 4 times in the last 6 weeks.

I've probably completely jinxed my July 23rd return now
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:31 pm

Originally Posted by Soupdragon62
I guess I've been lucky but not had a problem on this route and I've flown it 4 times in the last 6 weeks.

I've probably completely jinxed my July 23rd return now
It appears that BA has THIS mechanical problem under control for now. Fingers crossed for no future problems!!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.