Community
Wiki Posts
Search

787 SJC Cancellations

Search this Thread

Old May 11, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold, B6 Mosiac, VS, AA, DL (and a legacy UA 2MM)
Originally Posted by danielonn

I would allow at least 60-75 minutes from SJC and during rush hour a bit more. You may get surge pricing if its during rush hour.
I live just between SJC and SFO, and I would leave about 90 minutes during the rush hour! It's only 35 miles or so, but traffic can be tough, especially 7-9:30am and 3-6:30pm. Better to be safe than sweating the last minute arrival for your flight. If you're lucky the trip will be <45 mins (and you can use the HOV lanes in a cab or Uber) but....
freecia likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 9:49 am

Programs: KrisFlyer, BA Executive Club
My flight was canx on 2nd June this morning. Unfortunately no direct to SFO on 2nd June so not ideal with either flight to LAX or fly day earlier. Have put up separate thread on EU261. At least its some warning but the SFO flights are busy I believe.
Old May 11, 2018, 10:11 am

We are booked on 27th LHR to SJC, I rang BAEC today, agent just said if the flight is not cancelled, he can’t rebook us on different flights. He told me the flight is completely full, that’s why I can’t see any available seats, I doubt that very much!
Old May 11, 2018, 10:34 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hyatt Globalist, Hyatt Prive
I’m booked from CAI on a 789 on 19th June and this is zero’d out Too. Doubt that flight is full! Possible canx?
Old May 11, 2018, 11:47 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond
I actually got rebooked on AA through DFW as my final destination is Paris. They seemed pretty agreeable to any changes requested, so I would definitely know exactly what you want to book when you call them.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:25 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IHG Platinum
My flight GLA-LHR-LAX at the end of June had the LHR-LAX segment cancelled yesterday. It was the lunchtime 789 flight.

We are on a 2-4-1 J ticket. No options in MMB, looked online and there was options of an earlier BA flight or the later BA flight and an AA flight 45 mins after my original flight.

So I called the Gold Line and suggested the AA flight chancing my luck, as the timings were better for us. We wanted time to visit the lounge and to do some shopping.

The agent said that was fine and they rebooked me. I surprised at given my ticket type and the fact it’s seven weeks out. However it looks like the team have some flexibility around re-booking.

It was all sorted and re-ticketed in 25 mins.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:33 pm

Programs: BA GGL / GfL
Originally Posted by Samaras
The agent said that was fine and they rebooked me. I surprised at given my ticket type and the fact it’s seven weeks out. However it looks like the team have some flexibility around re-booking.
Having been a victim of the B787 engine cancellations two weeks ago on a different route, I too was surprised by the flexibility of the rebooking process on these disrupted flights and wonder / think that extra charges for this inconvenience are being picked up by RR (or it’s insurers), hence the relaxed attitude of the reservations team.

Pilot37
Samaras likes this.
Old May 11, 2018, 12:57 pm
nnn

Programs: All-Around Kettle
Originally Posted by Pilot37
Having been a victim of the B787 engine cancellations two weeks ago on a different route, I too was surprised by the flexibility of the rebooking process on these disrupted flights and wonder / think that extra charges for this inconvenience are being picked up by RR (or it’s insurers), hence the relaxed attitude of the reservations team.
It seems reasonable to me that an airline would provide significant flexibility for rebooking when THEY are the ones to cancel your flight.
Old May 14, 2018, 5:44 am

Does anyone know the extent of the cancellations to SJC in July? Currently booked to go out Mid-July and would much rather fly to SJC over SFO!
Old May 14, 2018, 5:48 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'm curious on LHR-LAX 789 too... I imagine things are eased somewhat if the three QR jets arrive in the next 3 weeks
Old May 14, 2018, 5:49 am

Originally Posted by mikeyfly
I'm curious on LHR-LAX 789 too... I imagine things are eased somewhat if the three QR jets arrive in the next 3 weeks
I am currently booked on WTP and Qatar do not offer WTP, what will happen is this case?
Old May 14, 2018, 5:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'm no expert, but think it's highly unlikely either of our routes will get the QR sub - I think other routes are more likely to
Old May 14, 2018, 7:59 am

Programs: AA Exec Plat, Hilton Diamond
As of this morning it appears that availability has been restored to these flights starting on June 18th. The fare buckets are no longer zeroed out.
Old May 14, 2018, 8:14 am

It looks like they've cancelled all flights from the 9th to the 17th, and then hopefully will be back to the usual schedule as normal from then on.
Old May 14, 2018, 11:45 am

Programs: BA Blue
Until another fan blade dissolves...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.