Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:06 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Doh! I might have to try your challenge @BotB then. Double cigarette and back through security with a laptop and a liquids bag was it? Or did I need to try with a non-EU passport too? (I need a naturalisation first then...)
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:09 am

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Got a notification that the rear cabin opened up on the BA465 to LHR on Sunday 25th So I have jumped in there, This has opened up my window seats so 3 window seats left if anyone wants to jump in now.

Also the WT+ cabin is now showing but all blocked.
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 4:52 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by alex67500
Doh! I might have to try your challenge @BotB then. Double cigarette and back through security with a laptop and a liquids bag was it? Or did I need to try with a non-EU passport too? (I need a naturalisation first then...)
Go on then...Double cigs and back with carry on, laptop and liquids...we'll leave the non-EU passport for a round three challenge!

Hope it goes well! Make sure you have extra cigs just in case it doesn't!

Safe travels everyone. ^

P.S. Hope the rotation tonight is indeed the A350...
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:18 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by alex67500
Always use the lifts. And in particular, there is actually a direct lift from the security search area in T4 to the transit platform, which saves a heap of time. I've seen skilled, informed, wonderful FTers going down the escalators after security, enough to make me weep. From the end of Fast Track security go right to the end towards some white lockers after the main search channels, and there is a lift right there, it is sign posted. Also use the lifts in T4S but the advantage is smaller there.
alex67500 and ubiest like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:46 am

Programs: BAEC GGL
Flying 25th August
revorgap +1 & jbbahamas
BA456
BA465
pacenotes likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 6:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, IHG Spire Ambassador, Starbucks Gold,
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Always use the lifts. And in particular, there is actually a direct lift from the security search area in T4 to the transit platform, which saves a heap of time. I've seen skilled, informed, wonderful FTers going down the escalators after security, enough to make me weep. From the end of Fast Track security go right to the end towards some white lockers after the main search channels, and there is a lift right there, it is sign posted. Also use the lifts in T4S but the advantage is smaller there.
Agreed - always use lifts in MAD *except* when off the train and up to passport in T4S - the one escalator up to the passport level is better than waiting for the lift.

And, to keep on topic, am down for an evening B2B on 5th October.
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:16 am

Programs: BAEC
Just booked flights on 25th August: 456 out and 463 return.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:47 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

First and foremost: I see Flightradar24 still shows the BA464 as a 321! Anyone have more info? Is the A350 flying today or has it been subbed for some reason? (and why?) Thanks in advance!

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
If one is doing a B2B, or in a hurry...I sometimes take the longer route knowingly just to see something different and enjoy the experience as well as get a bit of exercise for this couch warrior!

Originally Posted by revorgap
Flying 25th August
revorgap +1 & jbbahamas
BA456
BA465
Welcome to you, your +1 and the drinking bahamas! Welcome to FT and the BAEC forum. May your journeys be far more pleasant as a result of being an active member on FT. ^ I've added you to the wiki and graphics where appropriate. Enjoy the A350 and flights. ^ We hope to see more of you.

Originally Posted by MrMutton
And, to keep on topic, am down for an evening B2B on 5th October.
^ Welcome to the MADness, I've added you as appropriate and there are new graphics. ^ (Great to see a graphic for Oct. already, shaping up well!)

Originally Posted by BAeuro
Just booked flights on 25th August: 456 out and 463 return.
Excellent, looks like the 0 dark 30 flight will be popular on the centenary day itself and I've done a special graphic for that day. Hope you enjoy the day and flights. ^

Wiki up to date to this post. Anyone else care to join in the MADness? Now 15 on the PARTY PLANE on the 100th Anniversary day 465!!!

We also have the first Oct. flight graphic for those that are interested...never too early to get your flights and life sorted!
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:51 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by BotB
First and foremost: I see Flightradar24 still shows the BA464 as a 321! Anyone have more info? Is the A350 flying today or has it been subbed for some reason? (and why?) Thanks in advance!
I was in Barajas earlier today and the T4S head dispatcher said they are expecting XBA today. I think Flightradar now confirms this.
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 9:52 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by BotB
Definitely the A350 https://www.flightradar24.com/BAW464/21c8cedf

EF concurs.

Also a B gate for once, B34
BotB and megaloman like this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 2:36 pm

Programs: BA Exec Club
Wow! 15 on the 465 party plane this Sunday.

Really excited for my 2nd A350 flight and to celebrate BA100 😀

BotB likes this.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 3:56 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Wiki updated to this post (calendar A350 movements and archiving of the 21st Aug. flights). Hope you have a great time on Saturday jay_cee87, love the enthusiasm and indeed 15 is a sizeable force to reckon with, hope they do some special activity/items to commemorate the day (like the inaugural). ^

EDIT: thanks to c-w-s and KARFA for the happy news that the A350 did indeed fly tonight...whew! Not sure why FR24 was showing it as a 321 for most of the day but nevermind, it flew in the end...

A couple of FTers on flights tomorrow, hope you enjoy your experience. ^

Only 7 flight days left in Aug. to try the A350 out, then you'll need to wait until Oct. and although those flights should go ahead without issue, Oct is still some time away and changes can happen so c'mon, give it a go if you are curious and you'll have a great time and hopefully meet some fellow FTers as well.

Anyone else care to join in the MADness?
ENTP likes this.

Last edited by BotB; Aug 21, 2019 at 4:00 pm Reason: adding thanks to c-w-s and KARFA for the status update.
Old Aug 21, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Well, it seems I've found myself booked onto the party plane on Sunday! With no plans over the weekend, I had a look today and found the last Avios seat in CE on the 465, which went nicely with a back to back on the 464, allowing me to get up close and personal with the 350 on BA's made up birthday. Exciting times!!

If another seat pops up on the 465, Mrs Monkey may find herself in tow, but for now it's just me...
BotB, megaloman and Brainless69 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:07 am

Programs: BA Gold
With no plans for this weekend, I have also booked the party plane now, in the back of the bus though. As someone has pointed earlier, day return tickets in economy are available for ~£90 so booked myself on 460 out and 465 back. Might qualify for Best Price Guarantee as travelup has them for ~£83.
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:20 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Did the 350 yesterday. 7 seats doors are currently broken (my 10A included). The crew was trying their best to fix (something to do with a pin at the back). Coincidently, a member of the "Aircraft Interiors" team was traveling as a passenger and gave it a go.

Overall, a very enjoyable trip.
BotB, KARFA, tynmar and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.