Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 22, 2019, 1:29 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Titanium, Accor Plat, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by Filthy Monkey
Well, it seems I've found myself booked onto the party plane on Sunday! With no plans over the weekend, I had a look today and found the last Avios seat in CE on the 465, which went nicely with a back to back on the 464, allowing me to get up close and personal with the 350 on BA's made up birthday. Exciting times!!

If another seat pops up on the 465, Mrs Monkey may find herself in tow, but for now it's just me...
It might be your lucky day... I can currently see 5 avios seats in club on the 465 on Sunday 25th!
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 4:22 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Wiki and calendar updated to this post, great to see some regulars as well as new people joining in, hope everyone has a great time and gets to know the new aircraft and cabins. ^

I've now added the 100 logo to all of the graphics on the 25th and updated one or two others to correct some niggles!

As always, if anyone would like to download a copy of a graphic you are in (or simply one you like!) then please follow these steps:

1. Go to:

https://imageshack.com/user/BotBFT

2. Once there, you'll see the below screenshot in the bottom half of your window, scroll until you find the image you want (earlier versions are lower down the page if you liked a previous version of a graphic): Follow the instructions written in the screenshot below once you find the image you are after...

3. You will then be taken to the page for that image, follow the instructions below to download that image. ^

4. Print out or save and enjoy!

5. If anyone would like the Keynote presentation of a specific graphic to tinker with themselves or use as the basis for another DO/event, simply PM me with an email address or place to send it and I'll happily do so. There are no complicated bits to the presentation slide, just simple images put together on one slide.

Thanks.
@Filthy Monkey: if you do grab a seat for your other half (and wish her to be mentioned in the graphics) simply post or PM me and I'll include her.

Anyone else care to join the MADness? Whether for the upcoming week of flights in Aug. or for the Oct. week...you know you want to...best to give in early and enjoy the anticipation and move on!

Safe travels everyone.
ENTP likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold
Like others, I was scheduled to fly on the A350 BA465 on 10/08/2019 and was given 10k avios for the cancelled service. BA have checked with their legal team and refused to pay EC261 compensation.

Did anybody else on this service manage to successfully claim compensation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, it is my first time experiencing a cancelled flight.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:08 am

Originally Posted by wilz149
Like others, I was scheduled to fly on the A350 BA465 on 10/08/2019 and was given 10k avios for the cancelled service. BA have checked with their legal team and refused to pay EC261 compensation.

Did anybody else on this service manage to successfully claim compensation? Any advice would be greatly appreciated, it is my first time experiencing a cancelled flight.

lots if very helpful information and updates here The 2019 BA compensation thread: Your guide to Regulation EC261/2004

tynmar, wilz149 and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 10:53 am

Programs: BAEC
For those thinking of a MAD run in October, it seems like the 5th of October 2019 is a festival weekend in Madrid - La Noche en Blanco - with many museums open for free and public art and performances.
¡Arriba, Arriba! ¡Ándale, Ándale!
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 11:01 am

Programs: BA GGL, IB, LH, IHG Gold
Madrid, capital of Mexico!
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:31 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Ok so BoTB will hate me forever but after it all disappeared G class availability £53/£38 reappeared on Sunday 25th so now I’m on the 460 on Sunday and the 465 coming home. Down the back but got a WTP seat on the 777. Please remember I was on the AGP diversion on the GIB do so we will probably end up in Paris on the way home but looking forward to seeing anybody. Will try to avoid being corrupted by a Filthy Monkey
BotB, pacenotes, peter h and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 12:33 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I’m determined to join the party plane, so please mark me up for Sunday’s BA465. Hoping this second attempt will be more successful than my first.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 2:05 pm
Original Poster

Wiki up to date to this post, 25th 100 years of BA PARTY PLANE now at 19 FTers....bank holiday on the 26th so what are the rest of you waiting for? Get onboard for a suite weekend!

@KeaneJohn: No worries, still a few days to change your flights again...

Well, I've decided to behave myself and have posted the party plane graphic without any extra comments, hoping that the flight and party will go ahead without any moderation or incident! (steps cautiously back)....

Anyone else wish to join in the last few days of flights in Aug? Only 6 flight days left in Aug. (more in Oct)...

post in the thread or in the wiki and I'll update as appropriate, safe travels everyone. ^
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 22, 2019, 6:18 pm

Programs: BAEC
Does anyone know what the A350 will be up to for the next two days, and will it be towed over to the maintenance area?

Im just interested as I’ll be on its next flight Sunday morning
Old Aug 22, 2019, 9:03 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by BAeuro
Does anyone know what the A350 will be up to for the next two days, and will it be towed over to the maintenance area?

I suspect it will be having the Club Suite doors fixed and pretend flights to Dubai and back with the full service gone through by cabin crew acting as passengers. Why they couldn’t invite customers for this role I don’t know.

BoTB have sent you an explanatory DM.. glad all has worked out.

The meet up thread seems to have fizzled out but if anybody needs guesting into GF or if there’s a pre flight get together in the lounges let me know. Probably getting there between 9 and 10am and will stay in GF and go straight to the 460 at 1230ish unless it boards from a B gate where I might decamp there for a short while.
1A or No Way likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:03 am
Original Poster

Thanks to those that have sent PM's, appreciate the info, comments and updates. I'll update the wiki to this post after this. ^

Originally Posted by BAeuro

Must. Resist.... Oh, I so want to start a rumour that a select group of FTers and BAEC members get a party on board her...

I'll behave and get back to being the polite host...

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

I suspect it will be having the Club Suite doors fixed and pretend flights to Dubai and back with the full service gone through by cabin crew acting as passengers. Why they couldn’t invite customers for this role I don’t know.

BoTB have sent you an explanatory DM.. glad all has worked out.

The meet up thread seems to have fizzled out but if anybody needs guesting into GF or if there’s a pre flight get together in the lounges let me know. Probably getting there between 9 and 10am and will stay in GF and go straight to the 460 at 1230ish unless it boards from a B gate where I might decamp there for a short while.
Received the PM, thanks, responded back as well. ^

I suspect this is the quiet before the storm (hopefully in a good sense) and I for one, very much look forward to the banter on this thread once people start to plan their day for the Sunday flights and arrange meet-ups, funny incidents, etc...Please do keep the rest of us keyboard warriors informed!

Not directed at anyone specific, simply hoping to avoid any issues with 'can someone guest me into the CCR please' on the coming 25th 100 year celebration A350 meet-ups;

As a bit of guidance, and as guesting into lounges is obviously helpful and desired but sometimes also abused, might I suggest that any FTers looking to meet-up with fellow FTers on the day generally just state where you are planning to be, at what time and then, if any good samaritans are around (be they on the a350 flight or otherwise) they can simply PM you or come and find you, meet up and where possible invite you in, if they have the ability, inclination and time.

I wish everyone on the upcoming flights and last week of Aug. training flights on the A350 a brilliant day and hopefully meeting up with some like minded people that you start to form longer friendships with. ^

Safe and enjoyable travels everyone.
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:45 am
Original Poster

The 25th Aug. flights are MAD!

7 flights, 26 FTers in total over the day travelling on these routes, 19 on the 465 PARTY PLANE, 8 on the Pre-Party Plane, 100 years of BA celebration....

Care to join in? Not too late...

Wiki updated to this post and latest PMs.
--
Old Aug 23, 2019, 3:50 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
So this was a few days ago - anyone around this afternoon?!

Old Aug 23, 2019, 6:26 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Originally Posted by wilz149

I booked with Avios and received them back and the full booking fee.

To keep the post on topic, I'm booked for 6th October. Take 3!
BotB likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.