Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:17 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Just arrived at LHR for today’s BA464. Anyone else here?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:18 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
@bhbloke, I'd have gone for a K seat as not looking into the sun. Enjoy both flight anyway!
bhbloke likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 2:37 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by KARFA
Just as reassurance for any non-EU passport holder - you would not be going through passport control on a b2b at MAD (or if doing a non-schengen->non-schengen connection). There is a separate connection point in T4S which is security only.
ah, good point, I blame the early start today! Thanks for the correction. ^
alex67500, KARFA and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:25 am

Programs: BA GGL; Lifetime Gold
Service was also poor on BA465 earlier this week with service not commencing until 1 hour after wheels up. I spoke with the CSM who explained that a new service SOP was being used for training flights whereby the first drink would be served together with the meal. There was a problem with the oven which meant that service was delayed. I enquired why a new service SOP had been introduced and couldn’t the service SOP used for the 777 to Madrid continue to be used but I was informed that Product HQ had said this couldn’t be done. Service was rushed when it eventually began and FA’s from the back of the aircraft had to help to clear the Club cabin in preparation for landing.
CaroFos and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:34 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Just as reassurance for any non-EU passport holder - you would not be going through passport control on a b2b at MAD (or if doing a non-schengen->non-schengen connection). There is a separate connection point in T4S which is security only.
But us poor smokers are screwed. If I remember well the only smoking lounge airside at MAD is in T1 and you need a T1 boarding pass to access it even with a PP card.
(I have an EU passport so don't care, but still...)

By the way, in our case at T4S that means a train transfer to T4 landside correct?
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:35 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by gorps1
Service was also poor on BA465 earlier this week with service not commencing until 1 hour after wheels up. I spoke with the CSM who explained that a new service SOP was being used for training flights whereby the first drink would be served together with the meal. There was a problem with the oven which meant that service was delayed. I enquired why a new service SOP had been introduced and couldn’t the service SOP used for the 777 to Madrid continue to be used but I was informed that Product HQ had said this couldn’t be done. Service was rushed when it eventually began and FA’s from the back of the aircraft had to help to clear the Club cabin in preparation for landing.
Odd since band 3 routes (which MAD is) usually involve a drinks run first then followed by the meal run. I agree 1 hour for a drink is pretty poor.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:42 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by alex67500
But us poor smokers are screwed. If I remember well the only smoking lounge airside at MAD is in T1 and you need a T1 boarding pass to access it even with a PP card.
(I have an EU passport so don't care, but still...)

By the way, that means a train transfer to T4 landside correct?
I don't think there is anyway you have time to go to T1 and get back during a b2b. It would definitely not be a sensible thing to try regardless of the bp issue.

To get to T4 from T4S you would need to use the transit, I think there is a airside bus from T4S to T1 but you may need a bp for a T1 departing flight to use it. If you wanted to smoke landside I think you would have to go through immigration, get the transit to T4, exit landside, smoke outside, get back through security, transit to T4S and immigration again.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:42 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
The train between T4 and T4S is airside, but you must clear passport control in each direction.
I think you need to go landside to get to any other terminal as it involves a bus ride on the highway. But I may be mistaken, I have only flown from a different terminal than T4(S) once.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 3:54 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
I don't think there is anyway you have time to go to T1 and get back during a b2b. It would definitely not be a sensible thing to try regardless of the bp issue.

To get to T4 from T4S you would need to use the transit, I think there is a airside bus from T4S to T1 but you may need a bp for a T1 departing flight to use it. If you wanted to smoke landside I think you would have to go through immigration, get the transit to T4, exit landside, smoke outside, get back through security, transit to T4S and immigration again.
Oh well, I might have to do without then. Can't do me much harm.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:11 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by alex67500
Oh well, I might have to do without then. Can't do me much harm.
EU passports can use e gates and there was no queue to get to the train to take one to T4 from T4S but it would be a tight thing to go to T4 for a smoke then back again on a B2B unless you knew what you were doing I’d guess. So indeed, best to give it a pass and get inebriated instead!
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:18 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Tafflyer

No but I’m arriving on 465 tonight and departing on 904 to FRA tomorrow at 11.
Sorry, just now realising this meant we could have potentially met up landslide and shared a drink! Too many things were going on right then so my apologies for not asking if you did want to have a drink together, hope your flights went well. ^
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jfallesen
Because I am sad avgeek with more Avios than sense, I have just booked myself on the 464/465 pair on 29th August. So the graphic for the 464 needs updating – and there are now three of us on the 465. :-)
mill happily update the graphics once I’m back home in Sat. Afternoon, just have my phone with me today in MAD so bear with me...won’t be too long! Glad you enjoyed it enough to book again. ^
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:22 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
BA464 Sat 17th Aug

So how many of us are on BA464 on Sat?
I think the graphics are not up to date.
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:23 am

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Just arrived at LHR for today’s BA464. Anyone else here?
You're keen! I'll be at T5 around 2:30pm.
Old Aug 16, 2019, 4:23 am

Anyone else checking in for BA464 here? @81romeo - you rebooked for tomorrow? @armouredant - you still in for this?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.