Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:07 am

They don't want to pay compensation....
Thanks for contacting us about your cancelled flights on 10 August. Please accept my apologies for the delay in my reply. I'm sincerely sorry for the inconvenience caused when your flight was cancelled.

Your claim's been refused because BA0465 on 10 August 2019 were cancelled because of damage caused to the aircraft which was outside of our control. As a result of this, mandatory inspections had to be carried out. These generally take around four hours and have to be completed before the aircraft can operate. I'm sorry to disappoint you.

We take all reasonable measures to avoid disruption to a flight and we always consider if there are any other alternative solutions before we make a decision. The cancellation was out of our control and caused unforeseen disruption to our schedule.

Old Aug 14, 2019, 5:14 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
The inspection should have been completed by 1705 as the plane landed at 1305 if they claim it takes 4 hours. Also, I wonder if there really was no spare airplane sitting at LHR on a Saturday afternoon to operate the flight.

But since most onboard were on avios redemptions they probably figured it's cheaper to cancel it and then hope that most will cancel the trip altogether.

Last edited by florens; Aug 14, 2019 at 5:20 am
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:03 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by Garimi
They don't want to pay compensation....
I have not seen any evidence that damage was sustained, although we don’t know that for certain I suppose. The inspection was apparently required because the aircraft flew too fast with its trailing edge flaps extended. If the speed that aircraft fly is outside the control of an airline that would be concerning wouldn’t it? The full facts probably won’t emerge until the technical investigation is complete (if there is one), so the difficulty is how to challenge BA’s position with facts?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Starship73
I have not seen any evidence that damage was sustained, although we don’t know that for certain I suppose. The inspection was apparently required because the aircraft flew too fast with its trailing edge flaps extended. If the speed that aircraft fly is outside the control of an airline that would be concerning wouldn’t it? The full facts probably won’t emerge until the technical investigation is complete (if there is one), so the difficulty is how to challenge BA’s position with facts?
Regardless it is still a technical issue well within the control of the airline. The process of checking and putting it back in to service is irrelevant - whether it took 1 hour or 10 to check is not the concern of the claimant. I would say well within compensation territory unless there is some additional factor they are not mentioning.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 6:12 am

Programs: BA (LTG), Miles&More (whatever the lowest level is), Oyster card (zones 1-2)
Also, even though there may have been legitimate reasons why this particular aircraft may not have been able to do the flight, I believe it is expected that if such an event happens at home base, an airline would be expected to be able to find another,
megaloman likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:05 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
For those travelling overnight tonight (14th to 15th) or tomorrow...be aware that the 15th Aug. is a bank holiday in Spain. (Feast of Assumption)

It is the only bank holiday during the remaining training flights but just in case you're wondering why most things are closed!

Safe travels.
DrLibra, Tafflyer, adfg and 4 others like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:19 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
Just got the same email refusing payment of EUC/261 compensation. I was offered 10K avios (which already landed in my account) and refund of my hotel cost. It was MAD-LHR BA465. What do you think about it?

I would prefer to get cash, since I can't spend avios in supermarket or at petrol station.
george77300 likes this.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Aug 14, 2019 at 8:34 am
Old Aug 14, 2019, 8:58 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
Originally Posted by BotB
For those travelling overnight tonight (14th to 15th) or tomorrow...be aware that the 15th Aug. is a bank holiday in Spain. (Feast of Assumption)

It is the only bank holiday during the remaining training flights but just in case you're wondering why most things are closed!

Safe travels.
There is a bank holiday over here on the 26th but it shouldn't affect things.
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
Just got the same email refusing payment of EUC/261 compensation. I was offered 10K avios (which already landed in my account) and refund of my hotel cost. It was MAD-LHR BA465. What do you think about it?

I would prefer to get cash, since I can't spend avios in supermarket or at petrol station.
I had the same email. And also got 10,000 Avios credited. I have sent a reply saying “nonsense” effectively and that comp is due for maintenance, as per @cws’s wise words. I’ll wait to hear, but if not then its of to CEDR.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
For those on a B2B, did you get compensation refused in both directions?
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:30 am

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
I noticed the a350 was not idle yesterday

They ran a trial CW service on a ‘flight to dubai’ whilst on the ground at LHR.
BotB and jay_cee87 like this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:34 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by BotB
I believe they would refund you if they move you back to the club cabin in a 4 class plane (as you've paid for the seat selection) but I'm happy to be corrected. Note they wouldn't if it was substituted for a 3 class and had a row 2...(AFAIK)...Hope you get FLUBBED!

^ Enjoy, try checking out the Melia brand of hotels. There are two by that chain near the airport, the first is Melia Barajas here with a pool close to the airport and free airport transfers, not sure if they do day rates but worth emailing or phoning to find out. There is also a TRYP (a bit 'Chernobyl bleak' apparently but has a reasonable pool as noted by tynmar)...not sure if they offer free shuttle and day rates but worth looking. The Pullman (Accor chain) has a pool and has day rates and is within quick reach of the airport (website also states free shuttle, also connected via Metro. Hope that helps.

Graphics and wiki now up to date to this post! Hope they put a smile on your faces on this grey and rainy day!

Safe travels everyone. ^
Thanks BOtB! :-)
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 11:38 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by tynmar
The swimming pool might just be the saving grace at the TRYP to be honest . If it’s a day stay imagine it would be very reasonable and the pool is actually a decent size.
Geiger Counter shouldn’t be required
It's a night and a day! I am going to Madrid on the PM flight on Sat and home again (i think) on the SUnday eve (just need to cancel my economy B2B return) ,... I am on same flight at radioactive Karfa but AFAIK he's going back again on Sat!

I might try the Melia and hope for a late check out. !
CaroFos
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 14, 2019, 2:49 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by CaroFos
It's a night and a day! I am going to Madrid on the PM flight on Sat and home again (i think) on the SUnday eve (just need to cancel my economy B2B return) ,... I am on same flight at radioactive Karfa but AFAIK he's going back again on Sat!

I might try the Melia and hope for a late check out. !
CaroFos
Indeed, currently you're on the B2B evening rotation on the 17th only...hope that matches your plans...do post or PM me if not and I'll update the wiki (and graphics where necessary). Let us know if you do decide for the Melia at the airport, it looks good! Enjoy in any case.

So, onto my soapbox....hear ye, hear ye,

10 FTers flying tomorrow the 15th (in total over the various flights), not only is it mid-month day, it is hump day as there are now only 14 days of familiarisation flights left! (9 days of the familiarisation flights have already gone by!)

Next party plane is on the 17th with 10 on the 464 and 11 on the 465...not too late to join in the fun, anyone else wish to enjoy some suite MADness?

Wiki up to date to this post.

Safe travels everyone. ^
Old Aug 14, 2019, 3:42 pm

Programs: BMI Dimond club, BA Executive Club
Can you book a back to back? maybe by calling them up?

Other wise I might do the 777 out and the a350 back. I don't fancy a 6:20 start on a weekend....
IAMORGAN likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.