Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
I understand there is not necessarily any actual damage, but the profile of the go-around means that an inspection is required in the hangar. Looks like the 456/457 will definitely be a 777 now, but there is a good chance the A351 will be cleared in time for the 464/465 later in the day (hope so as I'll be on it!)
courtster and opus99 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:20 pm

Programs: BA Silver
Long term voyeur, first time poster...

I was actually on 457 today (an Avios redemption to try out the new plane/suite) and on board during the 'disrupted landing'. The captain made it very clear to the passengers via announcement, both on the line-up for the second go and once we'd touched down, that the go around was due to weather issues and he cited a wind shear warning as the reason. Came back round and landed the second go, albeit with a few bumps here and there which, given the windy conditions, wasn't surprising.

For what it's worth, after we'd left the runway and on the taxi to the gate, there sounded like there was something not quite right - it definitely wasn't the usual quiet A350 taxi that I'd heard in Madrid or on the outbound flight. I'd describe as a sort of shuddering/growling type sound. Not sure if it's significant. Didn't think too much of it at the time, but now I can't help but wonder if it's related to the plane going tech.

Sorry to everyone who was hoping to fly the A350 today/tomorrow. It's a lovely ride.
FlyerTalker688786 and BotB like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver Seigneur des Horaires des Mucci.
Sorry to hear this
I presume all the back to backs can just get a refund?
Were many planning b2b?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:28 pm

Programs: BA Silver, IHG Plat, Avis PC, Sixt Pl,
Originally Posted by Starship73
I understand there is not necessarily any actual damage, but the profile of the go-around means that an inspection is required in the hangar. Looks like the 456/457 will definitely be a 777 now, but there is a good chance the A351 will be cleared in time for the 464/465 later in the day (hope so as I'll be on it!)
Fingers crossed then! I guess that makes sense when you have a fleet of 1.
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
Originally Posted by allturnleft
Sorry to hear this
I presume all the back to backs can just get a refund?
Were many planning b2b?
15 or so.

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by KeaneJohn
contrary to belief there’s no curfew just higher landing fees after a certain time to discourage late night movements.. after the party plane for the Gibraltar do diverted I’m going to avoid party planes in future..
The first thing I thought about was the GIB flight! Is there an FT curse??

Seriously though, commiserations to all involved for the delays and missing out on an A350 flight. Hope that all's fixed for next Thursday!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by flyer1984a
One thing we have found out with BA's Flyertalk forum is that we can often get a live update from one of the board's members, and I'm delighted to welcome you on board flyer1984a. Thank you very much for that insight and I hope we will hear more from you. And I hope you enjoyed your trip to Madrid and back.
fartoomanyusers, T8191 and BotB like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by peter h
The first thing I thought about was the GIB flight! Is there an FT curse??

Seriously though, commiserations to all involved for the delays and missing out on an A350 flight. Hope that all's fixed for next Thursday!
Are you travelling in Club Europe next Thursday?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
the 3 of us were rebooked onto the 620am turnaround tmrw (separate bookings)

it's not worth the ticket cost nor the time risk to our schedule, just to flying on a lousy 18-year old, 8-across 777 in business.

will we receive 600euro compensation even if we refuse the new itinerary and cancel/redund the avios and taxes we spent?

we have our own bookings: lhr-bcn bcn-yul-yyz-lax-las tomorrow so it'll he cleanest to just cancel these two ba bookings.

i think we are heading shopping for clothes, checking into 3 hotel rooms, plus a nice meal somewhere.
BotB and gustavmahler like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:44 pm

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Like the others I have am on the delayed flight after initially being told that we couldn’t be rebooked today.

I enjoyed the club suite loads coming over yesterday and I am disappointed I’m now in the middle seat in economy without food or drinks and with no time to visit the lounge!

I wonder how long fixing the flaps if that’s the issue would take?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:45 pm
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
i I'd describe as a sort of shuddering/growling type sound.
Maybe even the A350 has AI and has read the DM. You’d shudder too with that journalism.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:47 pm

The Acting Editor of Airliner World was due to fly on the A350 today. He's tweetd 'BA Sources say it's a software issue'.

Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:48 pm

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors

For what it's worth, after we'd left the runway and on the taxi to the gate, there sounded like there was something not quite right - it definitely wasn't the usual quiet A350 taxi that I'd heard in Madrid or on the outbound flight. I'd describe as a sort of shuddering/growling type sound. Not sure if it's significant. Didn't think too much of it at the time, but now I can't help but wonder if it's related to the plane going tech.
Is it audible on here?

Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:49 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
FWIW, the track shows a straight-back-around after the aborted landing, with no holding that you might expect if technical checklists had to be worked through if damage is suspcted.
Attached Images  
Old Aug 10, 2019, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by KeaneJohn

contrary to belief there’s no curfew just higher landing fees after a certain time to discourage late night movements.. after the party plane for the Gibraltar do diverted I’m going to avoid party planes in future..
Bit more to it than landing fees...

https://www.heathrow.com/noise/heath.../night-flights

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.