Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:33 am

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Originally Posted by Trent900
Forgot to mention, the door on 15K wouldn't lock open this morning so pax was asked to move during take-off and landing. It may have been fixed by now though.
same happened to suite 8k on landing Pax was moved to somewhere behind row 11

is there a problem with the suite catches and locks? They did look a bit harsh to deal with I thought - female Crew member has to ask CSM who couldn’t fix it.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Originally Posted by freakinflyer001
Funny enough there were a few spare safety cards lying in front of 1A yesterday and the crew were kind enough to pass them on to me as souvenirs!

Same on my seat as well, and the suite guide. And Highlife!
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:40 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Palty
lol and nope I'm enhlish born and bread
Still wanna know what this party is all about though 🤣
Whenever there is a get together (DO) that involves flights to somewhere, the plane that has the highest number of FTers on it is dubbed the 'party plane' as it will have many people coming together sharing a love of travel, aviation and meeting other like minded people, whether they meet up in the airport, the lounge, the plane or afterwards...It seems intimidating to many that haven't been to one and that aren't the most social but such FT DO's are a brilliant place to meet people without any pressure and enjoy a lovely special occasion.

Nothing more than that really, for all the hype, the plane doesn't turn into an actual party...well, most don't!

Enjoy the flight and new A350, hopefully you meet some new people and start new friendships.

I'll use this post to say I've finally got off my behind and finished updating the wiki with the latest flight graphics. I hope I didn't overwrite any modifications that people may have done in between, if so, please excuse me and either post in the thread, in the wiki or send me a PM and I'll update it for you if need be.

The pre-party plane should be getting ready to close the doors / take off and the lounge in MAD may start seeing some very pale and very thirsty Islanders soon...

Safe travels everyone, this is the big turnaround: 16 FTers on the flight going now, 26 on the return PARTY PLANE...

Care to join in the MADness....just over two weeks left of flying days to give it a go before it goes long haul....
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:42 am

Originally Posted by RHWine

same happened to suite 8k on landing Pax was moved to somewhere behind row 11

is there a problem with the suite catches and locks? They did look a bit harsh to deal with I thought - female Crew member has to ask CSM who couldn’t fix it.
I don't know if this was the specific issue, but a lot of passengers are pulling the emergency release handle, that takes the door off the tracks
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 9:53 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
BA464 hasn't started boarded yet and is now 10min past posted schedule.

Tehnical fault. Gate agent said further update at 17:30
JFX1764 and george77300 like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:02 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by expert7700
BA464 hasn't started boarded yet and is now 10min past posted schedule.

Tehnical fault. Gate agent said further update at 17:30
Cliffhanger....(grabs a bag of popcorn and moves to the front of his seat in anticipation):

Surely it won't go IRROPS...

Hope they get it sorted!
aks120 likes this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I can see 1h26min delay on BA465 now. Good I stayed longer in a hotel. Is it tech fault or weather?

@BotB I stayed in Hilton, 64.5 euro cheapest day use hotel. Was upgraded to King Relaxation Room, now in lounge after checkout. Spent some time at the pool, however I don't think it's good pool for just lying around. Beds are actually to the side of gym and all of them where on sunny side. Had to ask gym guy to move one for me to the other side (heavy Chaise Longue type). He had to get confirmation from reception before he moved it. I will write review in Hilton thread tomorrow.

Now enjoying last drink of the night, as I have to drive in London. I will be in 4S lounge later, wearing Alaska T- shirt and have FT tag, so you will all recognisekm easily.

If plane goes totally tech, I don't mind staying in Madrid on BA and getting 300 euro :-)
BotB and tynmar like this.

Last edited by Richmond_Surrey; Aug 10, 2019 at 10:20 am
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:19 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
BA464 delayed due to tech issues - 17.46 departure currently
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:27 am

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
rumor from lounge is that BA will be substituting a 777....
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:29 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
That wouldn't be welcomed by FT party.
florens, tynmar and B3rad like this.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:30 am

Programs: BA:Silver (thanks paternity perk) , HH:Diamond
Just had a boring 777 flight over. Surely it’s getting close to curfew time for the return? 23:51 is too late to land isn’t it?
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold for Life
App no longer saying what aircraft type is operating the flight. Looks ominous.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:34 am

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Originally Posted by tynmar
Just had a boring 777 flight over. Surely it’s getting close to curfew time for the return? 23:51 is too late to land isn’t it?
contrary to belief there’s no curfew just higher landing fees after a certain time to discourage late night movements.. after the party plane for the Gibraltar do diverted I’m going to avoid party planes in future..
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:35 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: AY+ Platinum, SK Gold, BAEC Silver, airbaltic VIP, Radisson VIP
I am sure BA would want their A350 back even in the middle of the night for their crew training.
Old Aug 10, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Rubecula
App no longer saying what aircraft type is operating the flight. Looks ominous.
FR24 showing it to be an A320?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.