Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:41 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by alex67500
Same here, and that opened up RFS seats on the return. I got assigned 1A automatically on the way back

I'll add myself to the wiki. EDIT: Actually there's no lists anymore, so I won't.

(Sorry @BotB you might have to change the graphics for that one, I'm not a GGL, just a lowly Gold )
No worries, I'll update the wiki with the latest round of additions/changes. There are still some flights listed on there in list form (including mine) as they didn't yet have 3 people which is the criteria for an FT mini-DO and for a graphic...although the waiting time for graphics to be changed for standard golds is longer than for GGL's you'll understand!

Originally Posted by Last20
I couldn't resist - I'll be Going Mad. I'm on the 464 on Saturday 10th.
See you there!
Excellent, great to have you with us, enjoy the plane, the atmosphere (the FT circus one and the real, better, lower altitude one onboard) Thanks for joining in!

Originally Posted by expert7700
OK, please add 3 to flight 464 tomorrow Aug10. looks like we will do the 464/465 turn!

expert7700
10yroldsuperelite
zone1boarding

please PM if anyone can guest 1, 2, or all 3 of us into the GCL?
we each have BA Gold cards but nothing beyond that...

we're crazy Americans who have flown yyz-tpa-iah-scl-eze-gru-gig-gru-bog-yyz-ewr-yyz-zrh-led-dme in the last 6 days. we don't know how we are getting to LHR tomorrow. hopefully not direct

In a lounge or onboard, ask us about the last party plane/meet up we were on.... and the subsequent consequences.

PS;: can someone print up or at least bring enough blank stickers/name tags in case anyone wants to list their FT username?
​​​​​
Yowsers, that's one crazy itinerary, hope you make it to the flights and enjoy the new plane as part of the travels. I've been on a few party planes myself but not had any crazy consequences result from them (yet!) Hope the flights are brilliant for all involved (crew, pax and those reading / following on here). We don't tend to use name tags at BA DO's but any subtle FT signs or bag tags are usually a good sign to have a chat / meet up on board...you'll likely see the group of people talking and standing up somewhere (in club one hopes, there are standards to uphold...)

Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
So, which is the best seat? 10K?
The one I'm in is usually the best seat regardless of number! If it is still free, not sure it can be called the best seat (10 A K are good for wing engine views and a nice location, away from bassinets and close to the club kitchen and loos but not beside them! )

Originally Posted by Garimi
it will be crazy party plane....see You tomorrow
Enjoy, all of the flights tomorrow are going to be something as the weather, holidays, party planes and such mix...what a glorious cocktail...hope it doesn't have a nasty hangover! Wishing all those tomorrow a great flight. ^
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 9:59 am

Programs: Mucci, BAEC, Eurostar
Originally Posted by 81romeo
Notifications? I didn't get anything
Award Wallet told me my seat had changed, and then I got the BA email twice (once for the first change and then because I picked another, both almost simultaneously).
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:04 pm

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by bhbloke
Can confirm, I was in 1F and was still in 1F (Middle pair) so didn't get a notification.

Following the post upthread I checked and saw the confirmed A350 equipment so moved to 3A.
Mmmmm...so I was in 2F (window) and got moved to 2F (isle) - now I moved myself into 2K (window) - all good
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:12 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges and Environmentally Friendly Travel

I didn't want to broadcast this until I was certain it would happen...

I'll see y'all on board "the party plane"
Old Aug 9, 2019, 12:29 pm

Programs: BA GGL
Originally Posted by Prospero
I didn't want to broadcast this until I was certain it would happen...

I'll see y'all on board "the party plane"
:O
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:27 pm

Has anyone been offer a POUG (or even AUP) on any of the A350 flights?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:34 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by polochick
Has anyone been offer a POUG (or even AUP) on any of the A350 flights?
Yes. €169 offering for BA464 on Sunday. Standard for Madrid.

I’m now all checked in for Party Plane tomorrow and the return on Sunday. Seq025 and Seq001. Looking forward to 10K. Then to decide where to sit on the return.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:50 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium Elite, Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, BA Silver, A3 Gold, Sixt Diamond
Which rows have the most windows again?
Old Aug 9, 2019, 1:52 pm

Originally Posted by george77300

Yes. €169 offering for BA464 on Sunday. Standard for Madrid.

I’m now all checked in for Party Plane tomorrow and the return on Sunday. Seq025 and Seq001. Looking forward to 10K. Then to decide where to sit on the return.
I’ll be kicking your seat back 😝
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: BA Gold
I've been reading this thread - nope not doing any flights this August. Definitely not. Not interested. Will wait and see what others think of the A350 but DEFINITELY not booking.....

Booked for Sunday!
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:24 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by ChocolateFactory
Which rows have the most windows again?
From the dedicated seat thread for the A350: https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/brit...on-thread.html

Row 1: A K have two windows
Row 2: A K offset windows mean less than 2 full windows at seat
Row 3, 4: A K have one window only
Row 5, 6: A K offset windows mean less than 2 full windows at seat
Row 7: A K have one window only
Row 8: A K offset windows mean less than 2 full windows at seat
Row 9, 10: A K have two windows (10 A K have great views of the wing/engine)
Row 11: A K have one window only (and great views of the wing/engine) Closest to door 2 if that is used to disembark.
Row 15: A K have two windows
Row 16: A K have 2 full windows at seat, one window has a part view of the engine.
Row 17: A K have one window only

I'll do a wiki update now as well...
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:24 pm

I'm booked on BA464 14/8 returning on BA457 17/8
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 2:26 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Could you please add me and Mr AlisonB84 to the wiki for the 11th? We're going out on the 456 and back on the 465

Thank you!
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:03 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
There were empty seats in CE today on the 464. Customer Service manager was going round finding all the Gold members in ET and moved them into Club to experience the new suites! So I was lucky enough to get club today and tomorrow (as booked) too . So perhaps you'll get that treatment too.

Seems like the WT+ cabin is being used for staff to relax and heard them going around showing each-other different things to get familiar with.
BotB, alex67500, AlisonB84 and 3 others like this.
Old Aug 9, 2019, 3:16 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
18th now showing as A350 on all four flights. £90.44 returns available.

Good luck on the party flight tomorrow. I hear service in CE is clunky as crew get used to things. Food served but only time for one drink....
polochick and BotB like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.