Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:34 am

Originally Posted by BotB
Here's your flight graphic, if you want a small change or more like the first ones I with the A350 as the main item, just let me know via PM and we can work something out for you! Congrats again on the upcoming wedding. ^

26th Aug. 464 (MADly in love):

Wow this is awesome, thanks so much for the kindness! My fiance will love it
BotB, alex67500, tynmar and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:45 am

Forgot to say I’m booked for the preparty plane and the party plane on Saturday! Can’t wait to meet/catch up with you all. If someone wants to update the wiki that would be great.
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 8:52 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR; TK Elite; ITA Executive; Hilton Diamond; Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Originally Posted by alex67500
Ah... I found CE reward availability on the 464 on the 17th so I've booked that, but there's not rewards left on 465 coming back (I know I should have checked). I think I will leave it and wait until something comes up (even ET coming back would work, but too late for a GPR). It's 263 EUR one way for cash in ET which is a bit steep. Otherwise I'll cancel and forfeit my 25 GBP. Hope not though!

I'd gladly join you, fingers crossed
Sure, keeping my fingers crossed for you
I'm flying back on the Sunday, currently in Flub on the 777, there was a lot of rewards availability a few days ago - keep an eye on it especially from 4am GMT onwards.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:03 am

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Originally Posted by BotB
Doh! sorry about that, thanks for letting me know, must have deleted you when adding the other names and changing things around sorry! (I was actually just checking you were still with us... )

EDIT: PARTY PLANE now sorted, 22 on it currently...graphics uploaded to the wiki.

I'm going through the wiki now to see what other flights people mentioned and will update accordingly.

Calendar also updated. (to reflect past A350 flights that went but also to show the 11th morning rotation now confirmed and the next expected morning rotation of next Thursday, the 15th Aug.

Safe travels,
Brilliant. Thanks!

looking forward to the flight- although after a long day in the heat of MAD and a flight to RAK the following day I may just sleep in my suite with a glass of NF Champagne!
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:13 am

If anyone needs it I can guest 1 to TFW. Or if someone wants to guest me into CCR I’d be happy for that too 😝
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:24 am

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
Originally Posted by Brainless69
If anyone needs it I can guest 1 to TFW. Or if someone wants to guest me into CCR I’d be happy for that too 😝
Can through TFW, my CCR guest spot is already taken I'm afraid. With that many FTers flying through I guess we'll camp in the GF anyway
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:26 am

Originally Posted by megaloman
Can through TFW, my CCR guest spot is already taken I'm afraid. With that many FTers flying through I guess we'll camp in the GF anyway
is someone gonna back and forth with cups of LPGS?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:33 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Brainless69

is someone gonna back and forth with cups of LPGS?
Just take a few bottles 🤣
Brainless69 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 9:42 am

Programs: BA Gold, Flying Blue Silver, Marriott Bonvoy Platinum
Been lurking for a while here... Finally joining FT. I'm on the party plane in 5K. See you there!
BotB, tynmar, BAEC and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:07 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by B3rad
Been lurking for a while here... Finally joining FT. I'm on the party plane in 5K. See you there!
Welcome to FT (at least as a poster rather than a lurker)...it's great to see a suite door made you come out of the 'closet' so to speak!

May you have a brilliant time on the FT party plane on Saturday and may we hear more from you once you have, great to have you with us.

I'll take this opportunity to say I have finally caught up to all of the movements today (phew) so wiki updated to this point, including the graphics (and B3rad is included in the PP graphic)...

19 days left, 24 FTers on the party plane now, 10 on the pre-party plane...care to join the MADness?
Brainless69 and RHWine like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:18 am

Programs: BAEC
Wow 24 in J on the 10th, I was going to join but as it’s the last of my Avios stash I’m going hang on for a more substantial trip than a B2B, as fun as it would be.

God help BA if they have to do an last minute aircraft swap to an A321
BotB, george77300, RHWine and 1 others like this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:20 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by alex67500
Otherwise I'll cancel and forfeit my 25 GBP. Hope not though!
You might end up only forfeiting £0.50.
I also had only one avios one way booking (15k avios + £25) for MAD A350 flight, which I had to cancel.
To my surprise, when I went to cancel it, cancellation fee was shown as £0.50, and £24.50 was refunded to my card.
alex67500 likes this.
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:37 am

Programs: BA Gold, Sixt Platinum
Will be on the 465 on Sunday 11th
Can someone add to the wiki please?
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:55 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by EDDLEGLL
Will be on the 465 on Sunday 11th
Can someone add to the wiki please?
Done ^ welcome to the MADness...350 seats for you to choose from!

I'll do a graphic for that flight tonight or tomorrow when I get the chance.

Great to have you on board.

Anyone else? You know you want to...
Old Aug 8, 2019, 10:56 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Wow 24 in J on the 10th, I was going to join but as it’s the last of my Avios stash I’m going hang on for a more substantial trip than a B2B, as fun as it would be.
I think it's good idea to add official seat map on party plane on other hand we will be almost ocupied half J seats
george77300 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.