Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 7, 2019, 1:57 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by BoeBus
Just did the 464 - absolutely fantastic, BA have at long last a J cabin to be proud of! I’ve taken loads of photos but have just posted below those that may be helpful to avoid repetition:

As someone who doesn’t fly Club much at all. My last flight in mid-May to Madrid has that very same meal rotation. Looks like the same again for Party Plane on Saturday. Oh well. Got a Club suite to look forward too.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:03 pm
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Originally Posted by Chris9642
Just to clarify - is the final flight actually on the 30th or no flights from the 30th so last flight being the 29th? I can get a seat on 30th but wasn't totally clear if this was planned (subject to change) to be A350?
Nothing is guaranteed but it is expected the last flight will be the 465 on the 30th (so the 464/465 rotation still flies on the 30th)...I'd book that one with avios only though as they may find they have done the training earlier and stop the flights sometime during the last week. If you have to travel anyway, then it's maybe worth the risk but otherwise Avios for the 30th...IMO anyway. Caveat Emptor. There is a calendar with the dates and times here if you haven't seen that yet.

Originally Posted by StormDog
I’ve booked the 456/457 later this month and planning on staying at the new HGI T2 the night before.

Can anyone share any advise on the best way to get to T5 at 04:30-04:45 in the morning from T2.

The first HEX leaves at 05:13 if I’m reading it correctly so that’s a bit tight for time for an 06:20 departure.

Are there any reliable buses or do I need to jump in a cab?
Not an expert on that route but I'd strongly suggest the cab/uber arrangement as there is a minimum conformance time you'll need to meet in T5...IIRC 35 minutes or thereabouts but do search the forum for that (or hopefully another helpful poster that does know will post with more authority on the matter!) I'd personally want to be well in time to not miss it by a few minutes but others like the last minute game and don't wish to waste any time at all in the airport...Hope that helps.

Originally Posted by itripreport
Flying tomorrow's BA457 flight, I'll try my best to have the video up within my 3 hour layover in LHR, otherwise I'll be working on it throughout my long haul flight back home. Really excited about this flight.
^ Glad you're going to do a video as I'm sure it will be of use to many on here, thank you, however, first and foremost, enjoy the experience and moment and hopefully talk/meet up with others on board that share the excitement / interest. The video can certainly wait if needed.

Safe travels everyone. I'll go through the posts to see if anyone needs adding to the wiki and try to get up to date on the calendar / graphics for the inaugural morning run tomorrow...

Last edited by BotB; Aug 7, 2019 at 2:09 pm Reason: adding calendar link and spelling error
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:12 pm

Programs: OWS, *A G
I’ve booked the 456/457 later this month and planning on staying at the new HGI T2 the night before.

Can anyone share any advise on the best way to get to T5 at 04:30-04:45 in the morning from T2.

The first HEX leaves at 05:13 if I’m reading it correctly so that’s a bit tight for time for an 06:20 departure.

N9 runs all night and can take you quite quickly from Heathrow Central to T5. plus it's free
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 2:16 pm

If you're flying on a Saturday or Sunday morning then the Piccadilly Line will be running all night, free with Oyster or Contactless.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:14 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold: HHonors Diamond; Accor Silver
Originally Posted by JFX1764
If you're flying on a Saturday or Sunday morning then the Piccadilly Line will be running all night, free with Oyster or Contactless.
Thanks. Really helpful.

I’ll be using Pic line from HGI at Hatton Cross about 445 on Saturday then
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:28 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
There's Slough bus no 7 running between T 1-2-3 and T5, it's free and runs in early morning too.
https://bustimes.org/services/7-slough-heathrow-2
BotB and RHWine like this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 3:42 pm
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
So, the wiki now has the flight graphics in a nice resolution in-line with the appropriate date and flight. If you wish to join a flight with a graphic, just post in the thread or add the flight number and your name to that date and I'll add it when I get a chance.

I've added the calendar to the wiki as well and will update that so no need to jump around the thread anymore.

I've updated the first post FAQ with some new bits as well (what terminal does the flight depart from, does IFE work, and removed some questions that were no longer relevant, etc...)

Wiki up to date to this point...

Thanks to KARFA for mentioning a image hosting resource, it works for 30 days...should be long enough for this purpose!

Safe travels everyone.
RHWine likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:02 pm

Programs: AC SE100K, F9 100k, NK Gold, UA *S, Hyatt Glob, Bonvoy Titanium
please add expert7700, zone1boarding, and 10yroldsuperelite to BA465....

Booked on Avios. I have to skim over the thread to see if there is any pre flight meet up? If we end up also taking BA464 to do the direct turn, we could guest 3 into the BA First lounge if needed.

Oh yeah, Aug 10th
BotB likes this.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 5:05 pm

Programs: BA GfL/GGL/CCR, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Ambassador
BA has released more redemption seats for the party trip on 10/8: at least 9 on BA464 and 7 on BA465.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:27 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Well I am on the 423 on the way to T5 this morning for my Club suite experience... looking forward to it! I’m the one in shorts as it’s going to be a roasting 35 degrees in Madrid today!
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:41 pm
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by darloscott
Well I am on the 423 on the way to T5 this morning for my Club suite experience... looking forward to it! I’m the one in shorts as it’s going to be a roasting 35 degrees in Madrid today!
TFW closed (presume it doesn't open until 5am)

M
Old Aug 7, 2019, 9:56 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by msm2000uk
TFW closed (presume it doesn't open until 5am)

M
Indeed looks like everywhere in T5 is closed until 0500! Haha
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:00 pm

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by darloscott

Indeed looks like everywhere in T5 is closed until 0500! Haha
I managed to sneak into the CCR before they opened - its lovely and quiet in here, with just the staff!

M
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:28 pm

Programs: VS Gold, BAEC Gold
Gate C66 for those travelling this morning. Just going through security.
Old Aug 7, 2019, 10:36 pm

Originally Posted by inkiboo
Gate C66 for those travelling this morning. Just going through security.
Parked up next to 2 A380s, with the QF A380 behind it.

M
Richmond_Surrey likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.