Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Mar 12, 2018, 6:03 am
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: george77300
NEW NOVEMBER TRAINING FLIGHTS
26 Nov (Tues) to 29 Nov (Fri) on BA456/457 and BA464/465 (Total 16 Flights)
Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in NOV. will be:
26 Nov:
457: george77300
———————————————————————————————————
The Oct. A350 familiarisation/training flights dates to MAD (Madrid, Spain) from London Heathrow (LHR) are below; The Aug. training flights are now complete and the calendar for dates the A350 flew in Aug. is in the First post below as an archive.

Oct. 2019 A350 Schedule: (first published 20/08/2019) AT RISK OF CANCELLATION! BOOK WITH AVIOS ONLY AT THIS STAGE IF YOU ARE ONLY FLYING TO TRY OUT THE A350.

Ding Ding, The next A350 training flight with FTers in Oct. will be:

2 Oct:

465: courtster, george77300

5 Oct.
456: plunet +1, Thomas PL +1
464: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon
465: MrMutton, WoodleyBeacon

6 Oct:

464: Pack
465: Pack, plunet +1

7 Oct:

457: davm666

NO A350 TRAINING FLIGHTS AFTER OCTOBER 7TH. (7TH IS THE LAST DAY!)

If you wish to join in, please post your name directly into the wiki or in the thread and someone will add you. Format for new days or flights:

There is quite a bit of information in post 1 where a FAQ has been written to answer most questions you may have, please read that first! If you notice something missing or an error, please post and this will be added or corrected.

Updated to Post #1394
Print Wikipost

BA A350-1000 training flights meet-ups thread

Search this Thread

Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:00 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, M&M, HHonors Gold
I have to setup Expert Flyer alerts for my flights then :-)
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:01 am

Programs: GGL/CCR
Just ditched 1A on the 6th if anyone wants it
Old Aug 2, 2019, 6:04 am
Suspended

Programs: BA GGL, *A Silver, OW Emerald, HH Diamond, Karahi Express
Originally Posted by Richmond_Surrey
I have to setup Expert Flyer alerts for my flights then :-)
i had EF Alert setup, but no alert so far. I received an email from BA Customer Services.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:10 am
Original Poster
Hilton Contributor BadgeAccor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH D, Rad VIP, Marriott G
Deleted...misread the date involved....nothing to see here, move along...
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:13 am

anyone on flying on 5 or 6 August can move flight to another date free of charge

I moved my flights to Party Plane....

Update on proposed industrial action by Heathrow Airport staff

Answer Id 7603 Updated 01/08/2019 07.24 PM (UK time)

Summary

Like all airlines, we may be affected by the proposed industrial action by Heathrow airport staff on 5 and 6 August, and 23 and 24 August.

More information

We are working closely with Heathrow airport to ensure robust contingency plans are in place to mitigate any disruption for our customers.

We are offering customers who are travelling on one of our shorthaul services over the proposed period the option to rebook on alternative dates, or to travel from alternative London Airports.

Can I change my travel plans?

If you are booked to travel on a British Airways operated shorthaul flight from London Heathrow on 5 or 6 August, you can rebook onto an alternative British Airways operated flight in the same cabin.

You can rebook to travel from:

London Heathrow (LHR) on any available dates between 01 and12 August 2019, excluding 5 or 6 August.
London Gatwick (LGW) or London City (LCY) on any available dates between 01 and 12 August 2019.

To change your booking please contact us on:

0800 727 800 (from with the UK)

+44 (0)203 250 0145 (from outside the UK)

If you have booked via a travel agent, please contact them directly to discuss arrangements for your booking.

Customers can check Heathrow’s website and their social media channels for the latest on the potential strike, and here on ba.com for the latest flight information. We would encourage all customers to provide contact details in their bookings so that we can keep them up to date with the latest information regarding their flights.
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:48 am

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
Originally Posted by peter h
And Monday's returning BA461 is showing as the A350 on EF now as well.
Are these the expected A350 flights? Or not what we were told with the afternoon flight from london being on the A350.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:54 am
Original Poster
Accor Contributor BadgeHilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Spinstorm

Are these the expected A350 flights? Or not what we were told with the afternoon flight from london being on the A350.
No, this is an exception for the 5th Aug. only to show the press around the plane on its first flight commercially. Thereafter (6th Aug.) it will be the evening 464/465 rotation. (and occasionally the 456/457 early morning rotation as well).

See this post for confirmed dates and flight numbers that the A350 will fly (according to last information from BA).

Hope this helps.
peter h, george77300 and Spinstorm like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 7:55 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos

No, the BA460/461 on Monday 5th is the press launch for the revenue service and was scheduled to be a 777.

Edit- BotB beat me to it!
george77300 and Spinstorm like this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 8:00 am

Programs: Executive Club - Gold, HH - Gold, Marriott - Gold
So I’m booked into the back to back on the 9th. Would have liked to stay the night but I wanted to fly back in the suite too.

What is going to happen with the seating that’s pre-selected? I assume BA will auto reallocate the window seats?
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:17 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
So I’m booked into the back to back on the 9th. Would have liked to stay the night but I wanted to fly back in the suite too.

What is going to happen with the seating that’s pre-selected? I assume BA will auto reallocate the window seats?
I would imagine the A/C D/F (A320) will translate to A E/F K for Club Suites ideally. But I’m sure, as I’ve had previously, it could be some totally random mess in terms of what they assign. As for Economy who knows.

With aircraft changes before I’ve had window and then moved to middle despite many window seats left in Y. Not sure how it works but I would certainly check straight away after aircraft change notification.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:49 am

Programs: BAEC | qantas | IHG | Hilton Honors | Priority Pass | Nandos
Originally Posted by george77300
I would imagine the A/C D/F (A320) will translate to A E/F K for Club Suites ideally. But I’m sure, as I’ve had previously, it could be some totally random mess in terms of what they assign. As for Economy who knows.

With aircraft changes before I’ve had window and then moved to middle despite many window seats left in Y. Not sure how it works but I would certainly check straight away after aircraft change notification.
Have you set your seat preference up in your BAEC account? I've got mine as 'window' and when I get an auto allocated seat, it's always a window one.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 9:54 am

Programs: BA, EI, IB, Hilton Honors
I've had window set as preference for yonks but still get given aisles and middles at check-in.
george77300 likes this.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 10:07 am

Programs: BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by peter h
Have you set your seat preference up in your BAEC account? I've got mine as 'window' and when I get an auto allocated seat, it's always a window one.
Yep. Doesn’t seem to make a whole lot of difference. A bit like the priority baggage tags on shorthaul!

The most amusing being a flight booked with my mum. Both same booking. I have window preference and my mum aisle. I was then assigned and then mum assigned window. I don’t follow the logic.
Old Aug 2, 2019, 11:04 am
Original Poster

One for the 464 on the 10th (the pre-party plane)...Imagine what happens if that goes tech (or in other words...can you say IRROPS!)

Old Aug 2, 2019, 1:56 pm
Original Poster

One for the Press Flight on the 5th...

BAEC likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.