Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:46 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by layz
Personally I'd say by definition of the product name World Traveller Plus should offer everything World Traveller has and more.
Why not wait until Plus gets it’s improvements later in the year (according to CIHY this will happen)? It could be better things to come for those pax. We can’t have everything at once you know!

The fact that we are getting any ‘improvements’ in the back of the tube is great news. Some thought we’d be having to BUY Percy Pigs and M&S bacon rolls!

These are World Traveller improvements not World Traveller Plus improvements despite the name sharing.

As a Y and W pax mostly, I’m grateful for any additional improvements.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: BAEC
With the greatest respect some of this sounds like a kid throwing their toys out the pram! Why are they getting ice creams and I’m not?!!!! I’m in premium!! DYKWIA!!!

Sorry rant over.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:48 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
With the greatest respect some of this sounds like a kid throwing their toys out the pram! Why are they getting ice creams and I’m not?!!!! I’m in premium!! DYKWIA!!!

Sorry rant over.
Perhaps, but as I said earlier, I would prefer the ice cream option over a small 15g or so bag of crisps if there was only one choice, and you're probably paying twice the WT price so hopefully that would justify the cost of a Magnum.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:10 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk

Sorry rant over.
Yep, World Traveller Fuss for a reason
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:18 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue, Flying Blue Silver, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold
Originally Posted by subject2load

Word on the street is that it’s due for a full product revamp.

Stand by for ‘World Traveller Minus’
what improvements are expected to be seen?
Old Jan 21, 2018, 1:22 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by bmibaby737
what improvements are expected to be seen?

Catering, drink selection and amenity pack are the hints I've had. I would speculate it is in the design and costings stage at the moment, so probably too soon to be sure on the outcome at this stage.

And I'll slip a cross reference to this post from Oaxaca in the Media thread, with the first substantial review of the new service that I've seen. Generally a positive review, new food items were liked, less keen on the cheese and Penn State pretzels. I don't remember any previous complaints about the pretzels, other than when they were removed! Bit unusual and unfortunate (in my opinion) for the press to beat FT in terms of scoops, but we have had more reports from CCR this week than from the WT cabin....

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29321069-post44.html

Last edited by corporate-wage-slave; Jan 21, 2018 at 1:27 pm
Old Jan 21, 2018, 2:07 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
You only get about 5 Pretzels in the bag anyway so not exactly something that would really make much difference.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 4:45 pm

Programs: Mucci Des Oeufs Brouilles et des Canards
Re the Times Article - not sure how good the journalist is:

"Airline chefs have told me in the past how hard it is to devise a crowd-pleasing tray meal that is heated only in a microwave and must cost less than, well, the price of an M&S sandwich." I'd like to see the microwave on a plane that's big enough to heat all the meals!!

"There was more to come, but not much: a scant chicken caesar sandwich and a mini Toblerone — a controversial choice for an airline flying the Union Jack. A Tunnock’s Teacake would have been more appropriate." Very yobbish statement, forgetting about other international guests onboard that might want something more familiar.

I'd love to see Marina O'Loughlin do the food review of all classes on BA. Now that would definitely be a good article to read!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 5:17 pm

Programs: British Airways Executive Club Silver, Alitalia Freccia Alata
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Catering, drink selection and amenity pack are the hints I've had. I would speculate it is in the design and costings stage at the moment, so probably too soon to be sure on the outcome at this stage.

And I'll slip a cross reference to this post from Oaxaca in the Media thread, with the first substantial review of the new service that I've seen. Generally a positive review, new food items were liked, less keen on the cheese and Penn State pretzels. I don't remember any previous complaints about the pretzels, other than when they were removed! Bit unusual and unfortunate (in my opinion) for the press to beat FT in terms of scoops, but we have had more reports from CCR this week than from the WT cabin....

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/29321069-post44.html
Just read the review from the Times. Very glad these items have returned (particularly the water bottle); however, BA have been serving the couscous starter, marscapone farfalle,chicken in ale sauce, and the salted caramel pot for absolute ages! There seems (from this person’s description) no change in the actual starter, main or pudding courses.

Indeed, I cannot remember a flight within recent history where I have not got, as a starter, the couscous or a salad, and I cannot remember a single instance in which I have NOT had the salted caramel pot for pudding. The marscapone farfalle is a favourite of mine, but again I’ve had it loads of times. Perhaps it’s because I’m always in WT on sub 10 hour flights normally (and frequent LHR-IAH often), but I actually do not think they change the WT menues very frequently at all! Does anyone know when they do? It must be in yearly rotations!
Old Jan 21, 2018, 7:45 pm

Programs: BA Silver, VIPorter, VIA Preference: Privilège, Air Canada Aeroplan
Yeah I think BA have done the usual good job of making this all seem new when I think the only really new thing is the ice cream. We've had the tomato pasta / ale or curried chicken for as long as can remember, and the cheese, pretzels and water bottle are all just a return (though still very welcome) to what we had before.
Old Jan 21, 2018, 10:04 pm

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by BA0197

Just read the review from the Times. Very glad these items have returned (particularly the water bottle); however, BA have been serving the couscous starter, marscapone farfalle,chicken in ale sauce, and the salted caramel pot for absolute ages! There seems (from this person’s description) no change in the actual starter, main or pudding courses.

Indeed, I cannot remember a flight within recent history where I have not got, as a starter, the couscous or a salad, and I cannot remember a single instance in which I have NOT had the salted caramel pot for pudding. The marscapone farfalle is a favourite of mine, but again I’ve had it loads of times. Perhaps it’s because I’m always in WT on sub 10 hour flights normally (and frequent LHR-IAH often), but I actually do not think they change the WT menues very frequently at all! Does anyone know when they do? It must be in yearly rotations!
just landed in JNB on BA55. Confirm we had the pretzels and cheese and crackers back. A full bottle has replaced the cuplet. Breakfast service is still the same. Haven’t had the time to go for a mid flight snack as I slept so I can’t comment on tuck boxes.

And the dinner menu was: chicken casserole (Ale) or vegetarian past plus couscous salad and salted caramel pot.
Old Jan 22, 2018, 7:14 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,

After more than 1 year of not travelling in WTP with BA, I recently did a weekend hop over to DXB in WTP and I was actually surprised by the service and items served. I was maybe lucky to have on both out/in bound flight good FA's working on my side of the plane.
On the outbound, due to a switch in aircraft, it was the super old WTP seat on a non-upgraded B747 and the inbound a newly upgraded B747.
Food on the oubound was dinner service which was tasty and more than sufficient, inbound (the super early morning flight), a snack box and drink run was done before lights out and a substantial breakfast was served which was also tasty and good.
I was also surprised that they seem (this is what I felt), they had a dedicated crew for the WTP cabin and not like AF which the same crew is also for the Y cabin (which means a longer wait for service/clearing up)

Comparing now the WTP service to the one from Air France PE, this puts the AF value for money really down the list - where AF is really more of a search for the premium part in the whole cabin/service. Only plus of the AF cabin vs the BA one is
- the pillow is slightly better (I've complained before to BA on this, but looks like it's fallen on deaf ears)
- a more substantial amenity kit (don't really care for this)
- a bottle of water like in J-class (@ BA we have to wait for the meal service to get that small bottle)

Other than that, I do put the WTP just below that of Virgin's PE service (which for me still is at the top with QF). If ONLY they would make an exception for connecting WTP passengers that they have a better service for the intra EU flights (at least F&B is served).

I have another try later this year in the PE cabin when I take them over to LA, hope that the service will be as good as what I've experienced recently.

Cheers!
Old Jan 22, 2018, 5:21 pm

Programs: BA Silver

This was the offering on LGW-CUN today. Large magnum served a couple of hours after this and WT+ also got them.

Chicken Caesar salad and biscuit served 90 minutes prior to arrival.

Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:19 am

Sorted!
Old Jan 23, 2018, 9:24 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
I also noted recently that the crew pro-actively asked if I wanted wine with my meal at the first drinks run (in WT+), which is welcome. It's easy to forget that BA doesn't run wine with the meals and so you have to get your pre-dinner drink and dinner drink at the same time.

The above food service looks quite reasonable for the 10 hour flight, I don't think anyone could complain about being very underfed after that.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.