Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:03 am

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Just did BA93 yesterday (LHR-YYZ). First time I have done this service in WT in two years, but I must say it was a VERY good experience. After takeoff crew came around with some champagne for me and my wife, brief conversation about what we were doing in toronto etc. Then drinks run, followed by lunch (cous cous salad, chicken or pasta, cheese and crackers and a VERY unhealthy albeit tasty chocolate pot). CSM then came by to say hi, asked if she couldtake my daughter for a chocolate run to Club Kitchen, and I followed along for a walk and chat.

After that, FO came by to deliver my daughters log book, brief chat about flying (may also have to do with that she is close to clocking 100k miles in 2 years of living, since FO visit doesn’t happen on all flights)

Then, the Magnums made an appearance! Although frozen solid, they thawed in about 5 mins. Lastly afternoon tea/coffee, two finger sandwich box with toblerone.

So, to wrap up... Food was both tasty and generous quantities. My wife mentioned that we probably got more food than in First (although can obv order more there) and called it her “fatty flight” (the salted caramel chocolate dessert pot was about 40% fat

Service and experience was great with the exception of the large American Ex Plat in emergency exit in front of me (I cannot select emergency exit with a toddler), who kept on throwing his seat back without asking, almost knocked over my wine, and kept on telling everyone within earshot that he usually gets upgraded, and couldn’t understand why BA didn’t do it to him. Then proceeded telling his neighbour how much he was flying again. Must say I was feeling a tad smug when we got champagne and he didn’t :-)

All that aside, a remarkable improvement to some of the horror stories I have read here.

Last edited by LondonCanuck; Feb 3, 2018 at 3:25 am
Old Feb 3, 2018, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
With the greatest respect some of this sounds like a kid throwing their toys out the pram! Why are they getting ice creams and I’m not?!!!! I’m in premium!! DYKWIA!!!

Sorry rant over.
I agree. It's an ice cream. Shows how much though these ostensibly small things / little touches can make a difference!
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 5:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by LondonCanuck
Just did BA93 yesterday (LHR-YYZ). First time I have done this service in WT in two years, but I must say it was a VERY good experience. ......
All that aside, a remarkable improvement to some of the horror stories I have read here.
Wow - sounds great, and you've just raised (or ruined) my future expectations of future TATL trips in Y....
LondonCanuck likes this.
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:19 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Have done a BOS Return in WTP. It really is one extreme to the other, the food offering is substantial.

Outbound pretzels and full tray as described above. Mid flight magnum. Second service, we received a full size wrap and packet of crisps, then the crew hurried back with packs of two large cookies, all separately. I could see boxes loaded in the trollies but we had the above; have they separated the offerings to WTP ex LON now for the second service? Have to say I got off the plane stuffed.

Inbound (day flight) was the pretzels, full meal tray, then a mid flight tuck box run by the crew proactively offering it out, then a cream cheese filled pretzel bun. Offerings in WT were identical this time (main course aside). In 5h30 this is a lot of food, but it really does feel like a full service airline, if they want to distinguish from DY. It brings BA up to some of their full service competitors on the East Coast routes (DL and the like).
Old Feb 3, 2018, 7:53 pm

Programs: BA, Hilton
Originally Posted by GDOCA
Have done a BOS Return in WTP. It really is one extreme to the other, the food offering is substantial.

Outbound pretzels and full tray as described above. Mid flight magnum. Second service, we received a full size wrap and packet of crisps, then the crew hurried back with packs of two large cookies, all separately. I could see boxes loaded in the trollies but we had the above; have they separated the offerings to WTP ex LON now for the second service? Have to say I got off the plane stuffed.

Inbound (day flight) was the pretzels, full meal tray, then a mid flight tuck box run by the crew proactively offering it out, then a cream cheese filled pretzel bun. Offerings in WT were identical this time (main course aside). In 5h30 this is a lot of food, but it really does feel like a full service airline, if they want to distinguish from DY. It brings BA up to some of their full service competitors on the East Coast routes (DL and the like).
Having just done YUL in the same cabin, I think this is a wonderful summary

Commented to the CC, he said that was just BA, one extreme to the other...
Old Jun 26, 2018, 11:51 pm

Programs: BA Gold
When will the “substantial second meal on long-haul west coast flights” be launched?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:21 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze
I flew LHR > BOS the other day. It’s been a while since flying WT. I know the pretzels came back in WTP but do you not get them with your first drink in WT?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 6:24 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CR; Hilton Diamond; Mucci des Puccis
Originally Posted by jday
I flew LHR > BOS the other day. It’s been a while since flying WT. I know the pretzels came back in WTP but do you not get them with your first drink in WT?
I had mine last time to Boston in WT a couple of weeks ago, along with the "and wine for your meal?" express delivery service during the pre-meal drink run.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
I've just read the entire thread, but there don't seem to be a lot of actual WT experiences reported!

I'm doing LHR-HKG and back in WT next month - does anyone know what I can expect food-wise? I'm assuming a full dinner shortly after the 9pm LHR departure, snacks available overnight (ice cream or tuck box?) and a breakfast before the 4pm arrival in HKG (hot full English or just a muffin/bagel?).

And presumably the same procedure for the 23:45 departure from HKG on the way home, except no ice cream?
Old Oct 11, 2018, 7:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Drinks with pretzels.
Hot dinner.
Snacks available in the galley.
Hot breakfast.
Yes the same for the return.
Deltus and IslingtonFlyer like this.
Old Oct 11, 2018, 8:04 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Can I help you
Drinks with pretzels.
Hot dinner.
Snacks available in the galley.
Hot breakfast.
Yes the same for the return.
Perfect, thanks! I shall be sure to report back with some photos...
Old Jan 7, 2019, 6:13 am

Originally Posted by BA6948

yep. Collective complaints on forums and social media have definitely worked. The thing that irks BA the mist is to be compared with LCCs and to be called budget airline. I guess we all welcome these changes which are in part a reversal of recent cuts and the introduction of new features. Ther is still a battle to be won: BoB.
I agree with this. I feel like everywhere i read had NOTHING good to say about BAs Y offering, especially when some passengers such as myself were not even getting the 2nd snack.

To be honest, i would prefer the following as opposed to BoB being returned in short haul Y

1. Seat selection T-24.
2. The return of being able to carry a duty free bag on board in addition to the cabin bag and personal item.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.