Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:28 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by xenole
I was looking at a one-way economy fare from LHR-LAX this month and only £1709! For that amount, it better be some, "think of what Samuel L. Jackson would say", ice cream

Introducing ice cream in January doesn't seem the best thing to be honest.
I used to think that ice cream was seasonal until I spent some time in Finland, they are ice cream mad, year round. The reality is that if a cabin crew comes around with a tray of ice creams mid flight, I imagine almost everyone awake will take one while watching the IFE or own media. Year round.

As for the fares, I'm sure you are aware that single fares to the USA are more expensive than returns. So the cheapest return flight to LAX in January is £415, which I think is amazing, and there are plenty of return fares below £600. I'm not quite sure why anyone would buy a single fare to LAX.
ahmetdouas likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:44 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

As for the fares, I'm sure you are aware that single fares to the USA are more expensive than returns. So the cheapest return flight to LAX in January is £415, which I think is amazing, and there are plenty of return fares below £600. I'm not quite sure why anyone would buy a single fare to LAX.
Well, already got the return part booked from a previous flight booking. Other than cash, only Y redemptions available, unless I want another return portion later in the year that I need to get to LA for.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 6:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Don’t expect icecreams WT plus, they are only for WT customers!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:22 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by Can I help you
What! That's crazy.
JAXBA likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:23 am

Well, already got the return part booked from a previous flight booking. Other than cash, only Y redemptions available, unless I want another return portion later in the year that I need to get to LA for.
Obviously (I hope) you don't have to use the return leg..... It's a means to an end.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:28 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Obviously (I hope) you don't have to use the return leg..... It's a means to an end.
It's in CW with a couple of connections so a few thousand Avios and 200TP I'm not throwing away.

Are WT+ getting anything else or is it a case of sneaking back?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:40 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

What! That's crazy.
Are you surprised it’s BA we are talking about?
JAXBA likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:43 am

Are you surprised it’s BA we are talking about?
I am surprised because on many aircraft logistically WT and WTP are worked together (crew, storage, service times etc), it would take extra effort to snatch the Magnums out of the clutches of those in WTP. Moreover the NPS contributors are more likely to be BAEC and therefore in WTP.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold

Are WT+ getting anything else or is it a case of sneaking back?
No funny business please

Ice cream will only be made available on production of WT B/P (+ supporting photo ID)
Old Jan 9, 2018, 7:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I am surprised because on many aircraft logistically WT and WTP are worked together (crew, storage, service times etc), it would take extra effort to snatch the Magnums out of the clutches of those in WTP. Moreover the NPS contributors are more likely to be BAEC and therefore in WTP.
Well it’s because they have separate budgets but WT plus can have any left over.
There are upgrades planned for plus and First later this year.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:03 am

Programs: BAEC
Maybe WTP will (eventually) get standard size magnums instead of the mini ones in WT.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:19 am

Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
Maybe WTP will (eventually) get standard size magnums instead of the mini ones in WT.
That's what cracks me up about Virgins FAB lolly they hand out, its a quarter size of the real one
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 8:48 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
What! That's crazy.
aww, c'mon. Don't begrudge poor long-suffering WT passengers the new crumbs that they are being thrown.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 9:56 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Gold 1MM, BA Gold, UA Peon
Whaaat? But, but, I have needs. I need icecream, even if I sit in WT+. ​​​​​​​snif

I used to think that ice cream was seasonal until I spent some time in Finland, they are ice cream mad, year round. The reality is that if a cabin crew comes around with a tray of ice creams mid flight, I imagine almost everyone awake will take one while watching the IFE or own media. Year round.
Only very unfortunately deprived countries do not have a full supply of icecream all year round. Well-supplied nations and regions such as Finland, Denmark, and the North-Eastern USA have ice cream widely available in all flavours all year.

No longer living in such a country as we do, my partner and I have a second freezer for a strategic reserve, to ensure a full variety of ice cream all year round.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 10:07 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

I have a long haul in Y in a few weeks so look forward to my ice cream! Your post above reminded me of this old video. I might go into the WT+ cabin and sing this to them

bhbloke likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.