Community
Wiki Posts
Search

WT Improvements

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2018, 12:35 pm
CLT

Programs: AA EXP (Former US CP)
A blast from the past per say, here is what the second hot meal service looked like in WT circa 1997.
JAXBA and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:03 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
I'll be interested to see the detail of this as isn't one cut replacing the second hot meal on TATL West Coast (which I think is a thing still) with a pizza slice? Asia flights already get a hot breakfast / hot second meal. So being added is:-

- cheese in addition to dessert.
- graze box on tray (has something shrunk to make these fit? I'm assuming those double decker trays aren't being brought back!) Maybe the water bottle is handed out not on the tray so the space created by the cuplet being taken off can be used. Or maybe the trays weren't full!
-magnum (or mini magnum)?
- pretzels with the bar service and tuck boxes are back.

So lots of positives.

Is the above accurate?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 1:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
I’m sensing a little more then more snacks for WT plus!

Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:08 pm

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Can I help you
I’m sensing a little more then more snacks for WT plus!

You tease!
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:16 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Isn’t that why I’m here?
Old Jan 9, 2018, 2:43 pm

Programs: BA/M&M/HHonors
Just in time for my LAX-LHR flight. Glad I won't have to worry about stocking up before the flight
Old Jan 10, 2018, 7:25 pm
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: AS MVPG,
My question is why SEA isn't in the list of BA's list of longest flights? So no enhancement meals?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 2:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by ijkh
My question is why SEA isn't in the list of BA's list of longest flights?
If you're thinking of the list that said "Bangkok, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Chennai, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Las Vegas, Lima, Los Angeles, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico City, Narita, Oakland, Phoenix, Rio de Janeiro, San Jose (California), San Jose (Costa Rica), Santiago, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo (Haneda and Narita)", then I think that SEA is shorter than all of them if measured from LHR (although I know that some of these are LGW routes).
Old Jan 11, 2018, 3:55 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Globaliser
If you're thinking of the list that said "Bangkok, Beijing, Buenos Aires, Cape Town, Chennai, Hong Kong, Hyderabad, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Las Vegas, Lima, Los Angeles, Maldives, Mauritius, Mexico City, Narita, Oakland, Phoenix, Rio de Janeiro, San Jose (California), San Jose (Costa Rica), Santiago, San Francisco, Sao Paulo, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore and Tokyo (Haneda and Narita)", then I think that SEA is shorter than all of them if measured from LHR (although I know that some of these are LGW routes).
Also noticed that SAN is missing which is actually 29 miles longer than LAX. Presumably included in the changes, but omitted from the list?
Old Jan 11, 2018, 4:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Yes, omitted in error.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by ijkh
My question is why SEA isn't in the list of BA's list of longest flights? So no enhancement meals?
Originally Posted by JMurray
Also noticed that SAN is missing which is actually 29 miles longer than LAX. Presumably included in the changes, but omitted from the list?
It's just a list made by Marketing, probably without reference to any list maintained by Operations or In-Flight Experience.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:34 am
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club, Marriott Bonvoy

Programs: SPG LT Plat, BA G, BD*LG, MG Blue+ ...
Rather unfortunate to announce this on a day where the headline du jour is "...eliminate needless plastic packaging....."
Attached Images  
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:37 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, IHG Diamond
Does anyone actually eat those little bowls of salad / cous cous or whatever?
Everytime I've flown economy, there always seems to be a lot of them untouched.
Old Jan 11, 2018, 7:45 am

Programs: BAEC (blue), VS Flying Club (red), Hotels.com (silver!), IHG, Amex, TopCashback, Tesco...
Originally Posted by Globaliser
SEA can be a sub 9 hour trip I believe. Seem to remember a recent flight time quoted as such in MMB. It’s really astonishingly close to London...provided you accept the world is “round”...

Last edited by hedgehopper; Jan 11, 2018 at 7:46 am Reason: Add SEA
Old Jan 11, 2018, 8:07 am

Programs: Ex-BA/AA/CP/LY staff, BA Executive Club Blue, IHG Diamond, Marriott Silver, Chick-fil-A Red
Originally Posted by xenole
Does anyone actually eat those little bowls of salad / cous cous or whatever?
Everytime I've flown economy, there always seems to be a lot of them untouched.
Yes. I finish my bowl each and every time.

I was taught I didn't get dessert if I didn't clean my plate.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.