Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA announces biggest Gatwick summer schedule in 10 years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA announces biggest Gatwick summer schedule in 10 years

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16, 2018, 10:57 am

Programs: BA Executive Club
I think some of the increased frequencies are close to each other in timing owing to the current position of the acquired Monarch slots.
I expect in the long term BA will re-arrange schedules over their network at Gatwick to ensure greater balance. I think over time the extra 20 slots per day
will allow BA to build a very robust long and short haul network from Gatwick.
Old Jan 16, 2018, 11:03 am

Well only had a quick look but some I have seen so far include arrange of destinations across the Mediterranean. Spain shows particular increases along with Faro in Portugal. I am surprised that with the current slots
Malta is not maintained daily throughout the summer but they may be partly due to aircraft availability. As said before the delivery of NEO Airbus aircraft to LHR will enable further aircraft to be based at Gatwick. I expect
by winter 2018/2019 and certainly for Summer 2019 all services will be on BA metal.
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:11 pm

I find it amusing that BA are going to charter Titan (a fine airline by the way) to operate some services this summer.
Amusing because Titan are just taking delivery of a 737-400 to increase their fleet which will become G-POWS. A tiny bit of research reveals that in a previous life this bird was G-DOCT.
Hope she gets to do a few rotations from LGW this summer
Old Jan 30, 2018, 5:33 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
Originally Posted by G-BUSI
I find it amusing that BA are going to charter Titan (a fine airline by the way) to operate some services this summer.
Amusing because Titan are just taking delivery of a 737-400 to increase their fleet which will become G-POWS. A tiny bit of research reveals that in a previous life this bird was G-DOCT.
Hope she gets to do a few rotations from LGW this summer

That's the 2nd 737-436 that titan have taken, the other one flies most nights now after it was converted to a freighter, I believe that POWS will also undergo freighter conversion at some point in the future

cs
Old Jan 31, 2018, 3:32 am
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
G-BUSI my Sweet. Are Titan really any good? I see that they are operating one rotation per day to Alicante. I would imagine that they could be pulled up if BA has anything go tech. What is the service like aboard? is it BA's distributed by Titan or do they do something different?

Should I be alarmed?
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:12 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by PUCCI GALORE
What is the service like aboard? is it BA's distributed by Titan or do they do something different?

Should I be alarmed?
Same service in CE, snack pack and drinks in ET (based on past performance). There are seating differences but on a short hop most passengers would probably struggle to remember the difference from a BA aircraft. I don't think you need to be alarmed, the crew seem engaged, safety focused and happy to by flying, in my experience. It will be a multi-national crew. I wouldn't seek out a Titan service, but I wouldn't change the flight (which is permitted) if a service was changed to Titan.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:23 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hertz Gold, Avis Preferred, Honours Silver, Marriott, Hyatt, IHG
G-BUSI my Sweet. Are Titan really any good? I see that they are operating one rotation per day to Alicante. I would imagine that they could be pulled up if BA has anything go tech. What is the service like aboard? is it BA's distributed by Titan or do they do something different?

Should I be alarmed?
Titan voted Passenger Charter Airline Of The Year for the past six years.
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Jan 31, 2018, 5:13 am

Thanks Both!
Old Jan 31, 2018, 4:49 pm

Should I be alarmed?
I can only comment on their service on domestics before the premium domestic offering and BOB were introduced. I found their leather seating comfortable, cabin crew friendly and the on board service identical to what BA offered at the time.
I would have absolutely no hesitation in flying anywhere shorthaul with them.
Hope this is of some use to you "PUCCI GALORE"
PUCCI GALORE likes this.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 3:14 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Gold, TK Elite, Dragonpass, HH Silver
Always pleased to see more from LGW, which as an airport has improved no end in the last few years IMHO. The central pier on South is a bit grim but the lounges are good and I've not been in a queue there for more than 5 minutes at any time in the past 3 years. I've also found the staff at security in particular more proactive at keeping the queues moving than they ever have been at LHR.
Old Feb 1, 2018, 10:49 am

Originally Posted by G-BUSI
I can only comment on their service on domestics before the premium domestic offering and BOB were introduced. I found their leather seating comfortable, cabin crew friendly and the on board service identical to what BA offered at the time.
I would have absolutely no hesitation in flying anywhere shorthaul with them.
Hope this is of some use to you "PUCCI GALORE"
It most certainly puts my mind at rest should there be a substitution. ALC have four flights a day some days this summer!
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:11 am

Programs: BA (Gold)
Just noticed one of my Malaga-Gatwick flights that was due to be operated by Titan is now being operated by 'Neos Spa'. Never heard of them. Anyone had any experience
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:20 am

Milan based airline. No experience I'm afraid.

https://www.neosair.it/
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:52 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
There are still many unallocated Monarch slots for this summer. When is BA going to announce new routes and increases?
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:56 am

Originally Posted by ianjr
Just noticed one of my Malaga-Gatwick flights that was due to be operated by Titan is now being operated by 'Neos Spa'. Never heard of them. Anyone had any experience
Can one cancel if they change the operator this far out? Do they notify you or try to sneak it through?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.