Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA announces biggest Gatwick summer schedule in 10 years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA announces biggest Gatwick summer schedule in 10 years

Search this Thread

Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:17 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Just a question I've been pondering.

If BA expand and become a big operation at LGW again, will they have to move back to the North Terminal?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:20 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
So Gatwick shorthaul is not being densified?! TBH LGW might be better than LHR now - if you get an ex-LHR 319 with flip down screens then seating will be better, fablounge at South Terminal, great groundstaff and some really good cabin crew as well.

Does BA still have an MD for Gatwick (I remember they brought in Silla Maizey a while ago, who I think is long gone, but someone has done well here).
from the initial post in the 320NEO thread in this forum
  • A319s are going to LGW as are Sharklet fitted A320s. Do not believe there are plans to refurbish these.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:20 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by rockflyertalk
I may have imagined things but I thought BA already flew to GIB?
Originally Posted by simons1
From Heathrow.
The new routes are mostly bucket and spade stuff I would say.
Actually the "new" routes are already served by LCY for at least some of the year. CFE (Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne) is the only new location I can see here so far.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:22 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by cornishsimon

think titan will be providing some lift for BA. .....l.
confirmed in their press release:-

A small number of flights will be operated by Titan Airways on behalf of British Airways, which is a provider of chartered aircraft to many UK airlines and which we have worked with for many years.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:35 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave

Actually the "new" routes are already served by LCY for at least some of the year. CFE (Clermont-Ferrand Auvergne) is the only new location I can see here so far.
I think we are talking about CityFlyer Express not France ?! They were showing up on the schedules for some weekend domestic flying but I can't see it anymore

Some interesting scheduling quirks e.g. two flights to Funchal 5mins apart on a Saturday. But I am sure these will get optimised over coming seasons
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:38 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by sammyg901
I think we are talking about CityFlyer Express not France ?! They were showing up on the schedules for some weekend domestic flying but I can't see it anymore
Another reason to avoid abbreviations then! That sounds more plausible.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:41 am

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold(twice), Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
So Gatwick shorthaul is not being densified?! ...........
I have been choosing the rear of the 2 exit rows on 320's from LGW in case of re-furb & densification. Does this mean I can safely go for the forward exit row (avoids knees in the back, yes I know, first world problem) ?
Old Jan 4, 2018, 6:50 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, A3*Gold, AA Plat, HH Gold, IHG Plat Amb, Marriott Plat
Loving the increased FAO frequency. Fares got silly last year as the Monarch rumours kicked in.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:14 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Exciting news. I guess some new destinations will be unveiled soon with some other increases as what’s been stated in the PR does not amount to 150 additional weekly flights.
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:25 am

Programs: BAEC, Silver
Originally Posted by BA6948
Exciting news. I guess some new destinations will be unveiled soon with some other increases as what’s been stated in the PR does not amount to 150 additional weekly flights.
hopefully some more long haul!
if the rumour is true that Gatwick is getting more 777’s then new routes must be round the corner 👍
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:30 am

Originally Posted by SussexFly
hopefully some more long haul!
if the rumour is true that Gatwick is getting more 777’s then new routes must be round the corner 👍
There are some interesting new long haul route rumours doing the rounds, some of which would previously have been seen as ‘charter’ destinations but are now perhaps becoming more mainstream... will be an interesting few months
AmaaiZeg likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:32 am

Programs: BA Silver, VS, Costa Coffee, My Waitrose
Plenty of reward saver available at the moment as well, to both AGP and GIB.

Late May Bank Holiday all sorted for 15K Avios and £38.00 a good January bargain !
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:54 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA, BA, Mucci: Sir Roger des Directions Routières, PCR
As one whose youthful flying experience revolved largely around LGW on quasi-charters and some scheduled flights on BCal and some others, I'd love to see Zurich reinstated.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 7:58 am

Programs: BA Exec Club Bronze, Hilton Diamond, Virgin Flying Club Red
The problem with LGW is that if you live north of London, but not along the St Pancras/Thameslink route, it is an absolute pain to get to.
Old Jan 4, 2018, 8:38 am

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
When did you last use LGW South on a BA service?
Madeira last August (via some rock nearby after 2 go arounds due to wind) . Low oppressive ceilings designed I guess back in the 60s?, horribly overcrowded, smelly toilets and I particularly enjoyed the 1 and a quarter hour wait at passport control (with 2 children too young to use the egates - mind you the queues for those were pretty impressive as well). My wife did get to chat to Peter Andre standing behind us in the security queue on the way out tho - Other than that......

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.