Community
Wiki Posts
Search

DYKWIA | 2018 edition

Search this Thread

Old Jun 23, 2018, 3:29 pm

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Awesome superhero, Toilet Man. He can jump a toilet queue in a single bound.

Definite DYKWIA on the way into the Flounge as I was leaving for the CCR. “I am running a multi-billion dollar business here and you people can’t even let me into the lounge.” No idea of the merits and the idea of guesting her (yes, her) crossed my mind but I decided that both BA and I were better off with her out than in.

And then I ended up guesting a MUCH more deserving recipient anyway!

Last edited by Cymro; Jun 23, 2018 at 4:53 pm
Old Jun 23, 2018, 4:34 pm

Originally Posted by Cymro
Definite DYKWIA on the way into the Flounge as I was leaving for the CCR. “I am running a multi-billion dollar business here and you people can’t even let me into the lounge.” No idea of the merits and the idea of guessing her (yes, her) crossed my mind but I decided that both BA and I were better off with her out than in.

And then I ended up guesting a MUCH more deserving recipient anyway!
Running a multi-billion dollar company and doesn’t have access to a private jet? Sounds like she should look for employment elsewhere.

Last edited by Calum; Jun 25, 2018 at 9:13 am Reason: Misgendered someone
Old Jun 23, 2018, 8:16 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by Calum

Running a multi-billion dollar company and doesn’t have access to a private jet? Sounds like he should look for employment elsewhere.
*She
Cymro and BlackSkyuk like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:55 am

Programs: BAEC Silver
I know this has been reported many times here but it happened to me for the first time and I truly enjoyed it.
At the gate in BCN waiting to board. A long priority queue building up and boarding is about to start. We are a group of 3 freshly (or not really...) arrived from the beach in Sitges wearing all shorts and t-shirts and we are joining the queue.

A guy accompanied by 2 women joins the queue as well, looks at us and in a loud voice says to the 2 women: ‘surely those guys can’t be priority’.
To which I replied: ‘in fact we are and if you excuse us, we need, to go, they are calling Group 1’.
He follows us and as we go through the gate, he gets kicked out by the Gate Agent telling him that group 5 boarding has not started yet.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 8:59 am

Programs: BA Gold, Accor Gold
Originally Posted by Bastien003
He follows us and as we go through the gate, he gets kicked out by the Gate Agent telling him that group 5 boarding has not started yet.
I'd have been very tempted to blow him a kiss as I disappeared through the doors
Old Jun 25, 2018, 9:08 am
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: HH Diamond, Marriott Titanium, BAEC Gold
Originally Posted by Calum

Running a multi-billion dollar company and doesn’t have access to a private jet? Sounds like he should look for employment elsewhere.

One of my SO's parents was the CFO for a company worth 11 figures and they only provided domestic private jet travel, it's not that unusual surprisingly
T8191 likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 11:25 am

Does it make me a DYKWIA when I tell a DYKWIA that my partner is a pilot? DYKWMBFI

I already know the answer is yes.
T8191, wrp96, Lucanesque and 1 others like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:51 pm

Programs: BA, TK, HHonours, Le Club, Best Western Rewards
Originally Posted by Mks6
Does it make me a DYKWIA when I tell a DYKWIA that my partner is a pilot? DYKWMBFI

I already know the answer is yes.
Yes but don’t let that stop you elaborating.
wrp96, HMO and TWCLAM like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:43 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
In the priority queue at YVR... I didn’t quite hear the start of this guys rant but it seems he’s pissed because the priority line just feeds into the regular line at the front. Anyway, rather embarrassingly he started having a go at one of the queue ushers and said “I’ve paid $10,000 each for these tickets and (referring to the ‘peasants’ he was queuing behind) what have these people paid? $600 each?”.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:48 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
Originally Posted by Cymro
Definite DYKWIA on the way into the Flounge as I was leaving for the CCR. “I am running a multi-billion dollar business here and you people can’t even let me into the lounge.” No idea of the merits and the idea of guesting her (yes, her) crossed my mind but I decided that both BA and I were better off with her out than in.
She should have known better if she had indeed been running a multi-billion dollar business.
Cymro and thunderlounge like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 1:52 pm

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
Originally Posted by Schwann
In the priority queue at YVR...

(referring to the ‘peasants’ he was queuing behind) what have these people paid? $600 each?”.
That is just tragic
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:33 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Schwann
In the priority queue at YVR... I didn’t quite hear the start of this guys rant but it seems he’s pissed because the priority line just feeds into the regular line at the front. Anyway, rather embarrassingly he started having a go at one of the queue ushers and said “I’ve paid $10,000 each for these tickets and (referring to the ‘peasants’ he was queuing behind) what have these people paid? $600 each?”.
A case of DYKIP10K?

Last edited by Woodbinerich; Jun 25, 2018 at 5:09 pm
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:01 pm

Programs: BAEC-Silver, AMEX-BA Prem' Plus & Standard, Accor Gold, HH-Silver, IHG,IBIS On Business
Last time I checked a 777 or an A320 were not considered places of worship thus making the point moot. If he can take it off to put it in an overhead locker then it's not that precious as believed and if after doing so said cowboy feels his hat deserves a whole bin to himself then it's not a cultural thing the guy is simply a selfish, arrogant ********

Just my 5 cents worth on the subject
Old Jun 25, 2018, 5:07 pm

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Deleted
Old Jun 26, 2018, 1:59 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by LTN Phobia
DYKWIA- more frequently than I'd expect, there is a Gold member in a neighbouring seat who for some reason starts telling me how he travels so much and is a BA Gold and 'gets lots of benefits'.

I don't tell them about GGL (I don't particularly wish to deflate their ego trip). Then the cabin crew comes to greet me occasionally, and I get this really strange look from the Goldie chap.
Yep - I don't use any bagtags, generally aren't dressed particularly smartly, but quite often get the middle seat empty on ET flights when I'm sitting in the aisle. It's happened 3 times now that I have been told by the window seat person that the middle seat is empty because of their Gold status.
LTN Phobia, wrp96, MADPhil and 1 others like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.