Old Nov 3, 2017, 3:56 am

Programs: BA
Special Services renamed the Concorde team
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:01 am
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rubecula
Page 25:

"B747 fleet exits Feb 2024"

2018 refurbishment will not have a long life.
My guess is to convert the younger and less cycles mid-J birds to high-J to replace the retiring hi-J and add wifi in the same time.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:13 am

Programs: Some
"Avios

Progressive introduction of Dynamic Pricing from 2018"

Interesting...

As is the list of initiatives on p.120:

"
- Option exercise preference for current gen (A330) over new gen (A350 / B787)
- B777-200 life extension
- B747 life extension
- B777-200 / B787 densification
- Second hand SH and LH aircraft
- Fleet harmonisation"

What is B787 densification? Amending the 789 to the horrible layout of the 788?
FlyerTalker688786 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
767s gone by the end of 2017?!
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:29 am

Originally Posted by JMurray
Going back to the presentation: I do find it rather laughable that BA are referencing uncertainly in North Korea as a 'competitive threat'.

Excuse making?
Air Koryo buying 200 A380's and setting up a major hub in Pyongyang.

Perhaps not.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:43 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
"Avios

What does that mean? Changing the rates on Part Pay with Avios, and Avios + Cash bookings? Or making last-minute avios bookings more expensive?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Originally Posted by JMurray
Going back to the presentation: I do find it rather laughable that BA are referencing uncertainly in North Korea as a 'competitive threat'.

Excuse making?
Why is it any more laughable as a threat than Brexit, weaker sterling or terrorism? Those are the four things under the heading of "More geopolitical uncertainty".
Geordie405 likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 4:57 am

Programs: Executive Club: Gold - Flying Blue: Gold
Originally Posted by Deltus
What does that mean? Changing the rates on Part Pay with Avios, and Avios + Cash bookings? Or making last-minute avios bookings more expensive?
I think it is going to be somehow like AF/KL where you have different tiers for Award and upgrade flights. As an example, a flight to AMS from Paris can cost between 8500 to 30000 miles depending in award availability. You have promo, classic and flex tiers which determine the amount of miles you have to pay.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:13 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Flying Blue Petroleum
Originally Posted by V10
And that is pretty much it - rose-tinted nostalgia.

So much about many of these aircraft is now tired - the cabins, the IFE, the seating, and especially the passengers who were not fortunate enough to be on the upper deck that just got off one after a 10 hour flight.
Since the recent refurbishment of the Hi-J aircraft they're probably the best WTP cabins in the fleet now though, alongside possibly the 787s
argonath likes this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:26 am

Originally Posted by lost_in_translation
"Avios

Interesting...

As is the list of initiatives on p.120:

"
- Option exercise preference for current gen (A330) over new gen (A350 / B787)
?
surely that would be 330Neo not current gen?
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: BA, VS, HH, IHG, MB, MR
Originally Posted by BA6948
I think it is going to be somehow like AF/KL where you have different tiers for Award and upgrade flights. As an example, a flight to AMS from Paris can cost between 8500 to 30000 miles depending in award availability. You have promo, classic and flex tiers which determine the amount of miles you have to pay.
It's not an issue if, say, you add additional capacity at a higher price - it is genuinely accretive then.

SIMPLICITY, however, is a virtue which is greatly undervalued by frequent flyer schemes. Admittedly the lack of simplicity keeps me in a job, but still ....

In my experience, people in the loyalty industry simply do not understand the concept that their members do not spend every waking hour trying to understand the nuances of their schemes.

In reality, even the staff often don't get it. If we organised a frequent flyer / loyalty quiz night because 10 FTers and 10 Avios employees, it would be a humiliating defeat for Crawley .
SK, Roger, Stez and 1 others like this.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 5:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by BA6948
would be my understanding too. Something like: ‘having listened to our customers, ba will make an additional 100,000 seats available each year for avios redemption. Now, even more popular flights will offer increased award availability with our simple new pricing model offering four award levels in economy: low, medium-low, medium and high, and three in premium economy and business: low , medium-low, and high, to reflect demand on different flights. Base mileage will remain unchanged while medium low, medium, and high seats will respectively cost 25%, 50%, and 100% more. The system will see the end of the complex peak/offPeak calendar system with peak dates now offering medium-low as their lowest price band. Ba will still offer a minimum of 4 award seats in economy and two award seats in business on every flight. First class seats offered will all be in the medium price band. Partner seats will also all move to low medium band in Y, W and J and medium in F. A customer named Cralex Uz commented: ‘those changes are wonderful! They reflect my perception of BA as a modern, innovative, and premium airline. I’m glad I’ll be able to get more award seats for just a few more avios on popular routes and dates like the summer months’. As part of the reform, gold awards will be maintained but based on 200% of the medium low fare (and 200% of the medium fare in first class).’
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by Raffles
SIMPLICITY, however, is a virtue which is greatly undervalued by frequent flyer schemes ... In reality, even the staff often don't get it. If we organised a frequent flyer / loyalty quiz night because 10 FTers and 10 Avios employees, it would be a humiliating defeat for Crawley .
Amen. I think the same could be said for pricing.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:31 am

Programs: AA Platinum, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by BA6501
That's certainly how I read that slide. I am booked on a flight to FCO on the 767 in July and I wouldn't be sad to have it swapped to literally anything else given what I've read about it here. No change to MMB if anyone's curious.
Old Nov 3, 2017, 6:40 am

Programs: BA Silver, Marriott Platinum, IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by BA6501
I read that as they will be in the fleet at the end of 2017 but gone before the end of 2018. Can't see them all retiring in the next 8 weeks.

I get shudders any time I see 'densification' on a BA slide now. I wouldn't be surprised if they are planning to remove the toilets in Y on the 787 to squeeze more cargo, sorry, passengers in.

Also spotted "Single group points bank by June 2018" under Avios on slide 112. Haven't seen that mentioned before on here.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.