Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IAG "circling Monarch assets"

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4, 2017, 1:45 am

Programs: EasyJet Flight Club
There is a distinction between Monarch and Norwegian. Norwegian had acknowledged that short haul in Europe wasn't making the returns they wanted in an overcrowded market - and have in turn 'pivoted' to long haul (which has been painful). Monarch was too late and too slow in recognising the problems.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:30 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
Originally Posted by fransknorge
Virgin Atlantic is doing the same.
As are QR, for those who can get to LGW or MAN:

http://careers.qatarairways.com/qata...32000000001104

M
Calchas likes this.
Old Oct 4, 2017, 6:48 am

Programs: BA Blue, EI Silver, Honours Gold, Marriott Gold
What might IAG be interested in?

LGW slots - almost certainly. They surely won't eat to make the missable they made in 2001 giving easyJet lots of breathing room. This time it might be Norwegian who would be interested.
Leased A320/321 - Maybe. As above, MON had 9-10 aircraft working out of LGW. IAG would need aircraft to operate these routes from the start of the summer season. Unless IAG can move some aircraft from LHR/Vueling/Iberia they might struggle to operate any of the slots. MON have some relatively new IAE powered A321s, which might be attractive and are available.
People - Lots of airlines have started recruitment of MON pilots, especially. EI, VS, QR, BY, U2 to name a few. Im sure there will be interest for cabin crew too and engineering is continuing. I don't know about head office, dispatch, etc. I feel for them.

BHX/MAN/LBA operations - I can't see IAG being overly interested? Some of these markets would fit Vueling, but they haven't done so well in the UK market. BA have shown increasing interest in the UK regional market, but perhaps not 25+ A320s worth...

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.