Wiki Posts
Search

Pre order BOB - I don't think so

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold IHG Ambassador Spire Shangri La Diamond
Pre order BOB - I don't think so

Thank you BA for your kind welcome emails this morning one to me and one to DH.
We were surprised you had noticed we are travelling because for this lower budget extravaganza next week we will be journeying in the back of the bus to a destination two hours away.
You have so kindly exceeded our expectations by inviting us to pre order our meal onboard. Unfortunately your links in the email do not take me to the websites of Pret, WH Smith's, Boots or your in house effort.
Thank you though for highlighting this possible enhancement on my flight next week, this being the only one DH and I have booked on your metal in the next seven weeks.
Yours sincerely

Got Another ITcockup-email
Pascoe likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:24 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
https://www.pret.com/en-us

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/

http://www.boots.com/

Now stop moaning ;-)
thegreatmrsj likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:27 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
What email is this? If it is the "Pre-flight services email" the paragraph referring to BoB is this:

Buy drinks and M&S food on board
Discover our exciting new range of M&S on board menu of seasonally inspired fresh and healthy food from our M&S on board menu, along with a wide selection of drinks. Pay with a credit or debit card or treat yourself with Avios.

link - Discover food and drink on board
The "Discover food and drink on board" link takes you here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...|||||L2|||||||

The "It's time to fly" email has the same paragraph and link.

Who is "DH" btw?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:31 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
Originally Posted by KARFA
Who is "DH" btw?
You need to get with the mumsnet generation, KARFA me lad! DH is Dear (or Darling) Husband...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:34 am

Originally Posted by DrBernardo
You need to get with the mumsnet generation, KARFA me lad! DH is Dear (or Darling) Husband...
Ah ok, thought it may be some kind of reference like that. I am not a regular on mumsnet
aks120 and gustavmahler like this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:41 am

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors Diamond, IHG Platinum, Senior Railcard & Bus Pass
Who is "DH" btw?
I am guessing "Dear/Darling Husband", but other words fit, depending on how annoying said husband is being at the time.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:44 am

Programs: BAEC, LHM&M, and even a dusty KLFB!
I am not a regular on mumsnet
It's quite eye-opening ;-) Not terribly useful for tier point runs, mind you...
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:47 am
Original Poster

What email is this? If it is the "Pre-flight services email" the paragraph referring to BoB is this:

The "Discover food and drink on board" link takes you here https://www.britishairways.com/en-gb...|||||L2|||||||

The "It's time to fly" email has the same paragraph and link.

Who is "DH" btw?
DH - dear husband interchangeable with "Richard Head" depending on mood/antics
The point is I have received the pre flight email for a premium cabin long haul when we are flying short haul economy.
Sorry if my humour bypassed you!
It's OK I know the onboard offering. I won't be partaking, due to his weird obsession with BA burgers we will be indulging in some pre flight dining
WickedStepMother likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:48 am
Original Poster

Never been to look
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:53 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
DH - dear husband interchangeable with "Richard Head" depending on mood/antics
The point is I have received the pre flight email for a premium cabin long haul when we are flying short haul economy.
Sorry if my humour bypassed you!
It's OK I know the onboard offering. I won't be partaking, due to his weird obsession with BA burgers we will be indulging in some pre flight dining
Ah ok. Seems like you are just ranting rather than trying to be funny (nothing wrong with that of course, we all need a good rant sometimes). I would hope you don't let one rogue email put you in a bad mood for your whole trip.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 2:57 am
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
At risk of going OT, I'm not sure I'd recommend it - mumsnet is a veritable nest of vipers that makes this place look like a fluffy kindergarten.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:00 am

I have just received an email on "choose your on-board meal in advance" so I suspect this is what the OP has received? It actually doesn't reference any specific booking and is just a general one promoting the service. My next flight where I could pre-order isn't until December.

Enjoy your choice of meal on board your upcoming flight

Dear KARFA,

We’re looking forward to welcoming you on board.

To make your journey as enjoyable as possible, why not choose your main meal from our on‑board menu? You can make your selection from 30 days up to 24 hours before your flight, at no extra charge.

This service is available in our premium economy class World Traveller Plus, our Club World business class and in First class on selected long haul flights departing from London Heathrow and Gatwick.

link - Choose your on-board meal now

The pre-order meal service is available on flights from:
London Heathrow to: Abu Dhabi, Accra, Amman, Atlanta, Austin, Bahrain, Baltimore, Bangalore, Bangkok, Beijing, Beirut, Boston, Buenos Aires, Cairo, Calgary, Cape Town, Chicago, Dallas, Delhi, Denver, Doha, Dubai, Hong Kong, Houston, Hyderabad, Jeddah, Johannesburg, Kuala Lumpur, Kuwait, Lagos, Las Vegas, Los Angeles, Madras, Mexico, Miami, Montreal, Mumbai, Muscat, Nairobi, Nassau, New Orleans, New York (JFK and Newark), Philadelphia, Phoenix, Rio De Janeiro, Riyadh, San Diego, San Francisco, San Jose (California), Santiago, Sao Paulo, Seattle, Seoul, Shanghai, Singapore, Tehran, Tel Aviv, Tokyo (Haneda and Narita), Toronto, Vancouver and Washington DC.

London Gatwick to: Antigua, Barbados, Bermuda, Cancun, Fort Lauderdale, Kingston, Lima, Male, Mauritius, New York (JFK), Oakland, Orlando, Punta Cana, Saint Lucia, San Jose (Costa Rica) and Tampa.
The link just takes you to an MMB log in screen so you enter the PNR & surname there.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:01 am
Original Poster

Ah ok. Seems like you are just ranting rather than trying to be funny (nothing wrong with that of course, we all need a good rant sometimes). I would hope you don't let one rogue email put you in a bad mood for your whole trip.
I apologise. If I let one rogue issue with BA put me in a bad mood I'd be permanently grumpy onboard.
However I do think the gist of my original rant is valid. Increasingly I'm finding BA can't even get the basics right like sending out correct pre flight emails.
Despite this and some other onboard disasters recently on long haul business trips I am for the sake of balance pleased to confirm I did use an online Golden ticket last week, even though I now read most staff consider them pointless.
Grog likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:03 am

Originally Posted by thegreatmrsj
I apologise. If I let one rogue issue with BA put me in a bad mood I'd be permanently grumpy onboard.
However I do think the gist of my original rant is valid. Increasingly I'm finding BA can't even get the basics right like sending out correct pre flight emails.
Despite this and some other onboard disasters recently on long haul business trips I am for the sake of balance pleased to confirm I did use an online Golden ticket last week, even though I now read most staff consider them pointless.
As now noted, the email actually doesn't relate to any specific trip. I have received it too now. It is just to promote the pre-order service generally.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 3:03 am

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL (OWE), SA LifePlat (*G), BD Gold to the end, Hilton Diamond
I too just received the 'Mr gcuk, choose your on-board meal in advance' email.
It goes on to tell me all about how pre-ordering my main meal will make my journey as enjoyable as possible. Actually BA, a clean seat area would go a long way towards that goal. It isn't the 'pre-flight services email', there are no flight details and the 'choose your on-board meal now' link takes me to a generic 'manage my booking' page where I need to input a booking reference.

Like the OP, I have no long haul services eligible for the meal pre-ordering service but a check on my past flights would tell BA I use the service every time.

It still mystifies me why they continue to send out this sort of rubbish but can't tell me when they change my seat
Grog likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.