Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pre order BOB - I don't think so

Search this Thread

Old Sep 5, 2017, 6:18 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: A3&O6 Gold,IC AMB & HH Diamond
Never pay for BOB, I second Pret, great food and healthy, if you want to cheat get their almond croissants as well.
thegreatmrsj likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:57 am

Programs: LH SEN, HH Gold
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
I suspect it is deigned to alert the un-alerted that it is possible to pre-order meals on certain routes and classes.
...and, once the unalerted is alerted, to immediately disappoint them with a non-action.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 7:59 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by Grog
...and, once the unalerted is alerted, to immediately disappoint them with a non-action.
I'm not sure I follow?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:20 am

It seems like this email went out to everyone. I had a heard scratching moment this morning, wondering if I had forgotten about an upcoming booking, as my next eligible booking (in WTP) is almost ten weeks away.

This was really confusing and poorly considered by BA.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:30 am

Programs: AA, BAEC Gold
I have been spared this email (so far) even though I have an eligible flight in three weeks. However, I have already pre-ordered. Surely BA IT can't be that smart.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 9:47 am

Programs: BA Silver
I received the same message but my next BA flight is not until May 2018. Last time I pre-ordered my choice was not loaded despite travelling in First - so why bother.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:03 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Originally Posted by heb999
I received the same message but my next BA flight is not until May 2018. Last time I pre-ordered my choice was not loaded despite travelling in First - so why bother.
First time I pre-ordered, in F, they somehow registered and delivered the wrong choice. Second time, in J, the flight was cancelled. I want to see what happens the third
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:23 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
Now the question is does pre-ordering a meal reduce your chances of op-up same as a SPML does?
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:30 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Gold
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Now the question is does pre-ordering a meal reduce your chances of op-up same as a SPML does?
IME it does not
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:34 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cgtechuk
Originally Posted by GadgetGal
IME it does not
Indeed it doesn't since you are simply pre-allocating an existing meal out of the standard menu. If you are getting an involuntary op-up to the next cabin, then almost certainly someone is going to upgraded from the next cabin (or off the standby list). They will at least have your food option available to them. If you ordered a SPML such as Kosher you can imagine the person taking your seat may be unhappy to get that option, the Kosher meal won't necessarily transfer to the higher cabin, so you could end up with 2 unhappy passengers, when there will be someone else available to upgrade without these constraints.
cgtechuk likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:42 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR, Hilton Diamond, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by cpdc1030
It seems like this email went out to everyone. I had a heard scratching moment this morning, wondering if I had forgotten about an upcoming booking, as my next eligible booking (in WTP) is almost ten weeks away.

This was really confusing and poorly considered by BA.
Not the case. I did not receive it,
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:43 am

Programs: Seigneur des Tarifs Utils First Class Mucci with Honours :) - BA GGL / CCR
I received it and my next flight is November
Old Sep 5, 2017, 10:48 am

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
The cynic in me is really hoping that ba doesnt come up with

sorry sir/madam you did not preorder a meal, so nothing has been loaded for you!
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:03 am

Programs: DL PM, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold, AmExPlat
"BOB" is the airline code for Bora Bora (Tahiti, French Polynesia). I thought from the title you were going somewhere really magical! :-)
thegreatmrsj likes this.
Old Sep 5, 2017, 11:45 am

Programs: Mucci des Epices Exotiques, BAEC Gold,EK Gold,SPG,Marriott,Club Carlson
I received it. Confused me as well. Next BA flight (tomorrow) is short haul Y. Next J/F flight with BA is January. What do they mean by 'upcoming'?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.