Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by madfish
Without hard evidence I feel that the quality of Cadbury chocolate has deteriorated since their take over. I am sure they have changed the recipe (cost?). Not so keen any more.
If your point of comparison is the US version of chocolate then you gain a new insight.
JAXBA, T8191 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Can I help you
Afternoon Tea menu

[Blank space]
Your sense of humour is undiminished.
orbitmic and Gomac like this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 4:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Dust.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:18 am

Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Yammer will be internal only.
Indeed. Here's the image posted to BA Yammer - I've uploaded it elsewhere so we can all see it.

Old Sep 4, 2017, 5:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by 710 77345
Indeed. Here's the image posted to BA Yammer - I've uploaded it elsewhere so we can all see it...
It is also in the OP
Old Sep 4, 2017, 6:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
I'm still interested to know how likely you are to get your first choice of starter (and dessert) - it may just be the way it's been set up, but there looked to be a lot more of the burrata starter on that trolley than the salmon. Realistically, if you're towards the back of CW, are you likely to be left with no choice (from the 2 actual starer options, not the soup or salad) and will status no longer have any impact (beyond Mains)?
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:01 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by cosmo74
I'm still interested to know how likely you are to get your first choice of starter (and dessert) - it may just be the way it's been set up, but there looked to be a lot more of the burrata starter on that trolley than the salmon. Realistically, if you're towards the back of CW, are you likely to be left with no choice (from the 2 actual starer options, not the soup or salad) and will status no longer have any impact (beyond Mains)?
The photo was taken with about 12 people left in UD to serve, there were plenty of options, and as far as I could tell with about 70 people (approx) in Club World, every passenger got their first choice for all items, there was at least one of every item left at the end of the service. Bear in mind we were encouraged to take more than one starter/dessert. I'd also highlight the fact that when the trolley is moved into sight, people tend to go for the item that most appeals to them visually, so careful arrangement of the trays means that you highlight the items of which you have plenty. This is something that a restaurant would do if they have a dessert + cheese trolley.

There were a fair few WTP+ upgrades (WT was full and they were rolling forward). Normally the Friday flights in CW would be full, but this is the end of the UK holiday season and a public holiday weekend in the USA so I suspect that would have dented usual loads. I've no doubt that BA loaded for a full service however.
cosmo74 likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:15 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
The photo was taken with about 12 people left in UD to serve
Do they start from the front of the UD or from the galley? Just asking as I often like 64A/K!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:18 am

Programs: Tufty Club (Gold), BAGA Gymnastics level 4, 440yds swimming certificate
Originally Posted by orbitmic
Do they start from the front of the UD or from the galley? Just asking as I often like 64A/K!
Upper Deck is from the back
orbitmic likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Great thanks!
Old Sep 4, 2017, 7:32 am
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club
Original Poster

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by A P Yu
Just to prevent confusion, since people enter the UD from the back and the seats go both ways - the trolley starts at row 64 and finishes at row 60.
Jimmie76 and orbitmic like this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 10:12 am

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by sarahluv
ah, as a non-fish eater, I may have a problem!
Us vegetarians are completely SOL
gingeola likes this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 11:07 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, &c.
MrTurnAround flew back to the US yesterday (a nice ex-INV fare meant I'm leaving a day later), and enjoyed the new service. He was in 64K, so generally happy, and said the new service, "was refreshing if not an eye-popping upgrade. The neatest part is that the champagne glass somehow sticks to the plastic tray on which it is served. The result is a more stable glass without being annoying."
That's high praise from him, frankly.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 12:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Catering service really does look impressive, and it's a very well-constructed report from CWS ^

There's clearly a lot more style about this new presentation. Definitely a significant step-up and much more akin to a business class product.

I'm now hoping that a new seat will come soon, because for me that still counts as the number one priority. I know some folk are perfectly happy with BA's existing set-up. But the current CW config just doesn't cut it for me so I'll almost certainly hold back till that gets a full re-vamp, before being tempted away from other OW carriers with all-aisle access.

That said, good that there are finally moves in the right direction. Here's hoping that this improved catering heralds a new era in the CW onboard package, overall.
T8191 and Tobias-UK like this.
Old Sep 4, 2017, 1:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Eurostar Carte Blanche
How easy is it to actually see the trolley from a window/inner seat?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.