Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jan 19, 2018, 5:19 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: makin'miles
New Club World Service 2017

Effective July 6, 2018, new bedding products expected to be on all Club World flights, worldwide (including LHR, LGW and LCY services).

New catering and bedding

Routes on which the new catering and bedding are in operation.
Launched October 2017
London Heathrow - New York JFK
Launched February 2018 (all from London Heathrow LHR):
Boston (BOS), Baltimore (BWI), Dubai (DXB), Newark (EWR), Philadelphia (PHL), Washington (IAD), Hong Kong (HKG)
Launched March 2018 (LHR)
San Francisco (SFO), Los Angeles (LAX), San José (SJC), San Diego (SAN). Las Vegas (LAS), Phoenix (PHX), Seychelles (SEZ from 25 March)
Launched 4 April 2018 (LHR)
Houston (IAH), Miami (MIA), Dallas Fort Worth (DFW), New Orleans (MSY).
Launched 1 May 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on DEN, ATL, SEA, YVR)
Denver (DEN), Atlanta (ATL), Austin (AUS), Nassau-Grand Cayman (NAS-GCM), Seattle (SEA), Vancouver (YVR), Calgary (YYC), Nashville (BNA)
Launched 17 May 2018 (LHR) - (Catering previously launched on ORD, YUL, YYZ)
Toronto (YYZ), Montréal (YUL), Chicago (ORD)
Launched 1 July 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched on CPT, JNB, SIN, SIN-SYD)
Cape Town (CPT), Johannesburg (JNB), Singapore (SIN), Singapore-Sydney (SIN-SYD)
Launched 1 August 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abu Dhabi (AUH), Bahrain (BAH)
Launched 1 September 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Delhi (DEL), Kuwait (KWI), Muscat (MCT)
Launched 1 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Buenos Aires (EZE), Jeddah (JED), Mexico City (MEX), Rio de Janeiro (GIG), Riyadh (RUH), Santiago (SCL), Sao Paulo (GRU), Tokyo Haneda (HND), Tokyo Narita (NRT)
Launched 28 October 2018 (LHR) - (Bedding previously launched)
Abuja (ABV), Accra (ACC), Bangkok (BKK), Bangalore (BLR), Beijing (PEK), Chennai (MAA), Hyderabad (HYD), Kuala Lumpur (KUL), Lagos (LOS), Mumbai (BOM), Nairobi (NBO), Shanghai (PVG)

Launched 2018
London City (LCY) - New York (JFK)

Bedding only routes (as of 31 May 2018)
Bedding now launched on all LHR services
AMM, BEY, CAI, DME, DOH, ICN, IKA, LAD, TLV (IKA and LAD routes subsequently terminated; catering on remaining LHR routes expected to launch in December 2018).

LGW routes: White Company products expected to be on all LGW flights effective 06 July 2018, at which time all Club World routes worldwide will feature the new bedding product (see post 1367). Reports that new bedding loaded on LGW-JFK in late June (see post 1349).
Print Wikipost

New Club World Service 2017 - catering and bedding – experiences and reactions

Search this Thread

Old Sep 1, 2017, 7:03 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
5) How long does it take to serve?

. However in designing the menu the meal is intended to actually not take too long in the galley to bring together, crew are expected to do a lot more talking to passengers.
(and snipped)

Not too much talking please!

It is extreamly irritating if not annoying to see the crew with a cart of food or drinks or whatnot talking for a long time to people in front of you in the cabin when you are waiting for a drink or whatever!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Thanks for the report! Based on the answer you give on prioritisation, I'm a bit confused on main course choices. My understanding was that main courses was still to be ordered after take off (or pre-ordered) and delivered by hand. Am I correct on that or are they also picked off the trolley (you mention people are expected to see what they pick). Incidentally, that would be fine too but just want to make sure I understood it correctly!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:45 am

Programs: BA Gold
Main courses will still be selected from the menu and delivered by hand. They will not be picked off the trolley.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:47 am

Originally Posted by UKtravelbear
(and snipped)

Not too much talking please!

It is extreamly irritating if not annoying to see the crew with a cart of food or drinks or whatnot talking for a long time to people in front of you in the cabin when you are waiting for a drink or whatever!
UKtravelbear or UKgrumpybear 😅😉
Calchas and AmaaiZeg like this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 12:52 am

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Originally Posted by heb999
Main courses will still be selected from the menu and delivered by hand. They will not be picked off the trolley.
thanks - that's what I thought but wanted to be sure I hadn't misunderstood!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:04 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by orbitmic
thanks - that's what I thought but wanted to be sure I hadn't misunderstood!
Which suggests the prioritising by status is likely to continue, albeit less likely necessary.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:05 am

Programs: BA Gold; Turkish Miles&SmilesElite;; Freccia Alata Plus; Amex Platinum; SPG Gold; Marriott Gold Elit
Many thanks for such a comprehensive report, c-w-s.

What you saw is definitely a significant step change in CW catering. It rather puts the CE panini to shame. I shall look forward to trying the CW offering later in the year as I may now be tempted to book a BA long haul if I know that this is the proposition on board.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:08 am

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Which suggests the prioritising by status is likely to continue, albeit less likely necessary.
From what I understand it will continue for the main course (if not pre-ordered) but not for the starters (which was the case before but which BA says should hopefully not be necessary given loadings)
Old Sep 2, 2017, 1:30 am

Programs: BA Silver
Its a huge improvement....thanks for the comprehensive review cws!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 2:43 am

Programs: BA Exec Club (Silver)
Great review! Really looking forward to this being rolled out.

It just looks (and I imagine feels) exclusive and special, which, IMO, is a huge factor in a premium cabin experience. Yes, the seat, space, IFE, quality of the food etc. are extremely important however you also want an experience that makes you feel "special", especially if you're an infrequent leisure travelled like myself.
mikeyfly likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:00 am

Originally Posted by glasgowblue
great review! Really looking forward to this being rolled out.

It just looks (and i imagine feels) exclusive and special, which, imo, is a huge factor in a premium cabin experience. Yes, the seat, space, ife, quality of the food etc. Are extremely important however you also want an experience that makes you feel "special", especially if you're an infrequent leisure travelled like myself.
+1

👍
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:17 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Just noticed that there are salt and pepper shakers !
That will stop me showering a whole sachet onto my food by mistake ^
Jimmie76 likes this.
Old Sep 2, 2017, 3:57 am
Original Member

Programs: One World
I was on the BA183 last night (7.50pm departure) and the second part of the menu was slightly abbreviated as there was only the tapas option (no scones or sandwiches). Overall it is a significant improvement and I was very impressed. Service didn't seem to take much longer than before. The new wine (champagne) glasses seem to be larger and staff fills them up nicely. The food display is very appealing and the ability to have a look at the starters makes the choice very difficult. Then again it does seem to be ok to have multiple starters (soup/salmon and salad) or deserts for that matter. Overall a huge improvement!
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:00 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
An excellent and detailed report by "Our Special Correspondent" ... my thanks too, C-W-S :-: ^ :-:

Overall I am well pleased by what I've seen here. Presentation is excellent all round, IMO, and I'm delighted to see those tacky nut packets consigned to the dustbin. And an extra tick for missdimeaner for spotting the new salt/pepper: eventually I will no longer need to take my own S&P grinders!

Things are certainly starting to look up in CW, albeit that rollout to the 'lesser' routes is inevitably deferred. I wonder when the LGW 'bucket-and-spade' routes will see this great enhancement?
Old Sep 2, 2017, 4:09 am

I sincerely hope the cabin temperature issue is being made loud and clear at the GLA during the course.

It's a very important part of the overall experience, but old habits die hard...

If you're too hot, please don't sweat in silence!
adrianlondon, dylanks and gingeola like this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.