Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:27 pm

Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
I am flying F on the JFK route at the end of October, and I must admit on reading this I am hoping they up the game in F too in order to maintain a differential.
I have to say ... I'm doing CW to JFK in mid Sept and normally I would be watching for a UUA to first ...

Now I'm not so sure. I think maybe I should stay put and experience the new service/bedding.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:35 pm

Programs: BAEC
C'mon that's very harsh!

The way I see it is that there is an extra starter (soup), two extra dessert options (three in total), and cheese in addition to dessert. One main course down. Not only that but the quality is up too. What with the further improvements down the line I think it is very positive ^
Yes, I am a naysayer. Because I won't currently believe any of BA's marketing puff and spin until I've seen the real improvements with my own eyes...
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:56 pm

Programs: BA Blue, IC Spire Ambassador
Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
Curated wines taste much nicer than carefully selected wines
I prefer "hand selected" wines
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:58 pm

No. The second service is a light option, nothing served in the main service will be offered for the refresher se vice.
Is it a pannini (or half a pannini)?

Call me a cynic, but if they give with one hand they will take with another. 3 main course options is fewer than before.

And when is this being rolled out on other CW routes / is there just the 1 menu 'rotation'...
deeruck and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:00 pm

deleted
Tobias-UK likes this.

Last edited by Flexible preferences; Aug 29, 2017 at 3:05 pm
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:00 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
I am flying F on the JFK route at the end of October, and I must admit on reading this I am hoping they up the game in F too in order to maintain a differential.
This is something that will follow, but not for a while.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:06 pm

This is something that will follow, but not for a while.
Thanks, something to look forward to.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:10 pm

Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
Is it a pannini (or half a pannini)?

Call me a cynic, but if they give with one hand they will take with another. 3 main course options is fewer than before.

And when is this being rolled out on other CW routes / is there just the 1 menu 'rotation'...
Cynic!

You pick upon the one aspect that is lessened, but don't acknowledge the greater choice of starters, desserts, additional cheese course and upgrade in quality and experience. Sheesh - this board sometimes is so negative!
Tobias-UK likes this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:17 pm

Cynic!

You pick upon the one aspect that is lessened, but don't acknowledge the greater choice of starters, desserts, additional cheese course and upgrade in quality and experience. Sheesh - this board sometimes is so negative!
I think it's great that they are offering Do&Co and see that alone as a net benefit if overall quality is improved. The new champagne flute is more practical and support that.

Let's see how it pans out. I've only become dispondent with BA recently! I've heard 'enhancement'/improvement so many times before, I'm kind of immune to it! The 'main course' is the 'main' part of the meal, so reducing choice there is poor. In particular, the main course salad. It's now basically beef or fish by the look of it.

And what about the second service? And what else is changing - Club Kitchen? CW bar?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:26 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by IAMORGAN
And what about the second service? And what else is changing - Club Kitchen? CW bar?
And what about waiting until Friday evening before jumping to conclusions?

Not one paying passenger has seen this service yet. Let's put it this way: CIHY, who is rarely known for overglossing BA's marketing efforts, appears to be pleasantly surprised at what he has seen so far.
Tobias-UK and rockflyertalk like this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 3:33 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
And what about waiting until Friday evening before jumping to conclusions?

Not one paying passenger has seen this service yet. Let's put it this way: CIHY, who is rarely known for overglossing BA's marketing efforts, appears to be pleasantly surprised at what he has seen so far.
What's the point of FT if I can't speculate? It's not controlled by BA!

And the limited main course options is a fact, not speculation!

Overall, I see Do & Co as positive and from the Twitter / Instagram leaks it looks good - given all the other cuts I just find it remarkable if they have actually made an improvement!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:15 pm

Programs: BAEC Blue/Bronze, Krisflyer, Qantas
Good things are heading in the right direction but I think we will know BA is back when we get new CW seats and wi-fi.

And to launch it all, how about adding something new and innovative to BA1 to keep it feeling flagship-y.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 4:50 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold! Thanks to FT
Cabin crew trained in the new Club product get a pin witha crown on it to wear in above their name tag.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 5:14 pm

Programs: BA Gold, and others
Wait, is this two pasta options? (A beef gnocchi and a vegetarian ravioli) or is it beef WITH gnocchi?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 6:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Gold, ex-VS Gold, ex-UA Gold, Premier Inn Platinum-Iridium
The starters look better, from what I've seen (BA folk on Twitter posting about it).

However we seem to be losing the side salad *as well* as the main course salad.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.