Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Feb 16, 2018, 3:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold / VS /IHG Diamond & Ambassador
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
I rather suspect (but I don't know for certain) that the First Wing was on a funding share with HAL, which has its own reasons for encouraging this sort of development. The building work at JFK T7 on the other hand will be fairly significant spend and I can't see the Port Authority doing that much to assist.
It's in the lease between BA and the PA for T7 about how much BA need to spend on doing up the terminal. BA is also having to pay upfront some costs (e.g. new baggage screening system) that will later be reimbursed by the US Government.

The lease is publicly available and I recall posting it in the T7 thread
Old Feb 16, 2018, 4:08 pm
V10

Programs: MUCCI Gold
Talk about snatching defeat from the jaws of victory.

I would say that CIHY's comment on some people at BA being in way over their heads has been blatantly obvious for some time.
stevie likes this.
Old Feb 19, 2018, 8:45 am

Programs: BA, SW, IAG
Originally Posted by mikebg
The kosher meals out of Heathrow are excellent (provided you aren't unlucky enough to get a "breakfast", which is dire even in F). They are catered by Hermolis, based in Wembley, which is probably the best kosher airline caterer in the world.

However, kosher meals from other places can be awful, so take care. New York is so-so, TLV about the same, but some outstations serve long life meals which would barely be suitable as dog food.

Another point to bear in mind is that once you have ordered any type of special meal your chances of an upgrade are close to zero.
It would be lunch out of LHR to PHL in CW.

So what sorts of things do they offer?
Old Mar 6, 2018, 1:10 am
sxc
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Accor Contributor Badge

Programs: CX Green, QF Platinum, BAEC Silver, Hyatt Glob
So it sounds like it's full steam ahead with the new Club World service (even without Do&Co). But no sign of the "dramatic" change in service routine due to the increased time/labour required?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.