Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:09 pm

Originally Posted by KARFA
The undercrewing relates to MF flights and the first route is a WW route so unlikely to be an issue. Also the crewing is a result of the strikes which end at the end of August with no further dates announced.
Oh..cause G-CIVC compared BA with CX, so I mentioned this as a general trend, rather than a fleet specifically.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:13 pm

Programs: Amex Platinum, LH SEN (Gold), BA Bronze
No more steak?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:18 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by JALlover
Oh..cause G-CIVC compared BA with CX, so I mentioned this as a general trend, rather than a fleet specifically.
I am not aware there is a general trend to under staff at BA. The under crewing has been due to the strikes.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:27 pm

Programs: BA Silver, HH Gold, Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by Flexible preferences
cheese in addition to dessert
Has this actually been confirmed by BA, I have not seen it written anywhere. If so I will be pleased as cheese is one of my favorite courses.

To me this new service routine looks overall to be a nice upgrade.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
You think I'm joking ....

Originally Posted by JALlover
Nothing about 2nd meal, wonder if similar to now or something completely different, like TK's style
The new menu provides a sort of pot luck dynamic 2nd meal on flights where 2nd meals are served.

What is offered depends on what's left over from the first meal :O
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:38 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by eddy67
Has this actually been confirmed by BA, I have not seen it written anywhere. If so I will be pleased as cheese is one of my favorite courses.

To me this new service routine looks overall to be a nice upgrade.
CIHY confirmed it in the above referenced thread. And we will know for sure on Friday!
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:40 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by BritBoyInFL
The new menu provides a sort of pot luck dynamic 2nd meal on flights where 2nd meals are served.

What is offered depends on what's left over from the first meal :O
No. The second service is a light option, nothing served in the main service will be offered for the refresher se vice.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:42 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Yes, from 1 September. See the main thread referenced above.
How will this work on the sleeper flights? I have a BA 747 flight from JFK to LHR at 2045. I have no interest in sleeping so much and rather enjoy the service
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:46 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Originally Posted by TravelManBiz
How will this work on the sleeper flights? I have a BA 747 flight from JFK to LHR at 2045. I have no interest in sleeping so much and rather enjoy the service
A new menu will apply on that service, not sure if they will be rattling trolleys down the aisle (I hope not, actually). But the Sleeper concept will continue for those who want that, and meal service for those who don't. The night service will benefit from the new bedding, but not until mid October.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:52 pm

Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
A new menu will apply on that service, not sure if they will be rattling trolleys down the aisle (I hope not, actually). But the Sleeper concept will continue for those who want that, and meal service for those who don't. The night service will benefit from the new bedding, but not until mid October.
If the Sleeper Services are affected it will be the last of the BA longhaul services I use. Over to AA for overnight TATLs it will be...

I really hope BA can work this on the Sleeper Services, without any distractions for passengers that need to sleep.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:55 pm

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
And the cheese board includes 3 decent cheeses with accompaniments. No matter how good these catering improvements are, they naysayers will find ways of complaining about them - good grief it has started already and the changes haven't even been rolled out!
I will reserve my judgement until it is (finally) rolled out. That and the new bedding which we have been waiting on.

You may class me as a 'naysayer', but BA haven't exactly been slow on slashing service recently so there will be some people who are pessimistic with any enhancements put out into the network.

However, CW will only see a transformation when a new seat (all aisle access, less dense, more storage) is delivered. I do hope the new seat lives up to the hype.
SW7London, bafan and KeaneJohn like this.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:58 pm

Think the sleeper service is still on? I heard that they might change the service to all hand run?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 12:59 pm

Programs: BA Gold-Virgin Gold-Delta MM-Hilton Diamond-Hyatt Globalist-Marriott Gold-IHG Plat Amb-Accor Nobody
Really ..

Originally Posted by Tobias-UK
No. The second service is a light option, nothing served in the main service will be offered for the refresher se vice.
Please tell me you DID recognize my sarcasm & humor ?
Old Aug 29, 2017, 1:20 pm
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
For those of you who are trying the new service this next month, I do recommend the Loch Fyne smoked salmon tartare with wasabi crème fraîche. I really enjoyed that dish and found it rather moreish. The deserts and cheese are also worth saving some space for.
Old Aug 29, 2017, 2:24 pm

I am flying F on the JFK route at the end of October, and I must admit on reading this I am hoping they up the game in F too in order to maintain a differential.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.