Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:55 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Pascoe I will certainly let you know if it is good (or not) - mustard and certain curries are some of my favourite flavours - I'm more worried about overcooked gnocchi.
c-w-s thank you for you very comprehensive list of questions. You have covered the lot.

On another note - I will be taking the day flight (178) on my return, I can't see how the 'brunch' will be different from its present iteration so it will be interesting to find out.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Originally Posted by missdimeaner
Pascoe I will certainly let you know if it is good (or not) - mustard and certain curries are some of my favourite flavours - I'm more worried about overcooked gnocchi.
Cheers - you are the metaphorical canary on this one haha...

On another note - I will be taking the day flight (178) on my return, I can't see how the 'brunch' will be different from its present iteration so it will be interesting to find out.
Never tried that flight although was tempted on this run. Be equally interested in that...
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:32 am
Suspended

Programs: plenty - ggl, ccr, etc, etc.
Originally Posted by krispy84
Perhaps because this thread is specifically to discuss the step forward

There are many other threads to bash BA / discuss service reductions. Unremitting negativity is rather draining.
seems very myopic. The food is just one small part of a still weak product. Great food but a rubbish overall product won't fix anything - as the Virgin J2000 seat proved very quickly. CW is the sum of all its parts and while some here that have had the press or spin version of the product on a freebie from BA, clearly the reality will be what counts.

it can easily be countered that there s a lot of unrealistic optimism rather than realism in this thread. And clearly a lot of denial from some who don't realise that the offer - even the version spun to the press - still will sit behind what Delta, United and Virgin offer now. Sure, it might be absolutely better but still relatively just catching up at best - especially with Delta One.

So a step forward is to be welcomed if BA crew can make it work (anyone who s been on a full CE 767 will realise the track record here is not good).

However much some dislike negativity, that's a matter of opinion. The real world is always negative to the unbridled optimist. The just announced fare sales where JFK is now one of the cheapest routes suggests there a huge amount of ground to be made up by BA.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:48 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
My eyesight is excellent thanks My unbridledly optimistic optometrist told me so.

Tobias-UK's previous posts sum up my opinion on this thread.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
The 178 service will be a tray delivered with croissant in the bread basket and choice of hot drink, the trolley pass will have a choice of cut fruit, smoked salmon, muesli and continental cheese and meats plate, you can choose to of these and three is available after all customers have been served.
The trolley will also have glasses of fresh orange juice and smoothy, pink and regular champagne.
The hot brunch choice will be served from the galley.
PETER01, orbitmic and bafan like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:05 am

Programs: BA Bronze
Originally Posted by Can I help you
The 178 service will be a tray delivered with croissant in the bread basket and choice of hot drink, the trolley pass will have a choice of cut fruit, smoked salmon, muesli and continental cheese and meats plate, you can choose to of these and three is available after all customers have been served.
The trolley will also have glasses of fresh orange juice and smoothy, pink and regular champagne.
The hot brunch choice will be served from the galley.
I always like the smoothie, interesting that you can have two (and possibly 3) choices of cold plates ^
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

All services ex JFK to LHR will be hand delivered except for the breakfast service on the 178.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:08 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I always like the smoothie, interesting that you can have two (and possibly 3) choices of cold plates ^
The cold plate is one of the three main choices so I wouldn't expect a customer to have this plus one of the two hot choices.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 10:39 am

Programs: AVIS presidents club, BA GGL, HH Diamond, Marriott Platinum Elite
I agree about the cabin temperatures and I continually monitor these and keep them appropriate, some of aircraft are very difficult to manage especially the B744 as it just seems to do it's own thing.
Cabin temperatures have been highlighted during the CW training.
It is good to see that you continually monitor the temperatures and that it is being highlighted during your training. I'll be honest, every time I fly in either Club World or First class, I am always too hot at night, which inevitably ruins the flight for me. On the few occasions I have gone into the galley to ask why it is so hot, I have been fortunate enough to follow the crew member and see what it has been set to. Anywhere between 23 and 25 degrees is what I have witnessed. To me, that doesn't seem like the temperature being difficult to manage. It seems to me that the reason why it is so hot, is because 23 - 25 degrees is what's being set on your main control panel.

Originally Posted by BApilotinsider
It's also not helped by the fact in hot ground temperatures it often takes a couple of hours airborne to cool the cabin on the 747.
I do recall being told this or reading this somewhere before, but no excuse on the newer aircraft surely, yet the same problem exists?

Either way, I have another couple of First class flights coming up over the next week and I can only hope and pray that the crew set a sensible sleeping temperature in the cabin for sleeping. And I will reiterate what I said before; the new Club World bedding looks amazing, it really does and I am really positive about it, but it will be completely pointless if the crew continue to set 23 degrees and above at night.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:34 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
Will anything change about preference reconciliation and the priority given to status holders? I mean, at the moment, we get priority on all courses, but with the trolley pass, will starter preferences become row dependent? I realise there will be more loadings, but if we assume for the sake of argument that everyone wants the salmon tartare Tobias-UK recommends, would a GCH or GGL sitting in 64K have to take whatever is left?
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:37 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

For the main course no but we are yet to see how the trolley service pans out, we are told (yea right) that everyone on the trial flights received everything they wanted.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 1:49 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist, Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: AF/KL Life Plat, BA GGL+GfL, ALL Plat, Hilton Diam, Marriott Gold, blablablah, etc
we are told (yea right) that everyone on the trial flights received everything they wanted.
'Pink elephants' come to mind! I agree with you that this is one of the details that might be worth keeping an eye on in the first few weeks of implementation.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:11 pm

Programs: MUCCI, British Airways Executive Club Gold
Is this vastly going to show up the food quality in First? I'm flying F to JFK soon and part of me wants the new CW food service...!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

No, Do & Co provide the food in First on the JFK route.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 2:37 pm
Suspended

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hyatt Plat, Amex Plat.
Originally Posted by Severn40
There's been a bit of research about how the restaurant trade uses florid language in menus to increase sales/margins and change customer perception that they are getting something more special. I don't suppose 'meat and two veg with a fancy sauce' would cut it? I do find it amusing how some establishments use the source of the food in this way (e.g. Shropshire chicken sounds more special than would Bedfordshire chicken)
I spent my formative years in Bedford so I can only corroborate the accuracy of your statement.
bafan likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.