Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

New BA Club World catering concept [general discussion]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:15 am

...and that makes me hopeful. Do+Co have a very good reputation, which they no doubt want to protect, so I'm guessing the contract has some terms that help them to do so.

I'm looking forward to this getting rolled out.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:17 am

Originally Posted by Can I help you
I agree about the cabin temperatures and I continually monitor these and keep them appropriate, some of aircraft are very difficult to manage especially the B744 as it just seems to do it's own thing.
Cabin temperatures have been highlighted during the CW training.
The problem with the older aircraft is as the air humidity decreases over the course of a long flight, the temperature naturally increases 1-2c if the temperature selector is kept in the same position. To keep it cool, the selector has to be turned lower during the second half of the flight.

It's also not helped by the fact in hot ground temperatures it often takes a couple of hours airborne to cool the cabin on the 747.
Pascoe and Geordie405 like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:23 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Originally Posted by GaxxyFlyer
You've experienced an idealised version of the new Club service.

When the CEO demands cuts every day or their not doing their jobs right I can't see this being anything but a reduction in service within 6 months.

yes yes yes, I know this is very negative but I've been bitten too many times in the last couple of years. I really hope it is an improvement and I'll happily eat my hat, or a BA steak, if I'm wrong.
So instead of moaning and being constantly negative, save your comments until you have actually tried the new product, come back and tell us what you think. Moaning before you've tried it isn't in the spirit of what this topic is about.

There are some who appear incredibly bitter when it comes to BA, and for whatever reason they feel the need to come here to demean and complain virtually every time something positive is posted. Criticism is a good thing when relaying experiences, moaning about something you haven't experienced (especially with the anger and bitterness we often see) does nothing for the person posting or the topic as a whole and frankly it's tiresome.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci des Hommes Magiques et Magnifiques
Well I'm bitter but I am still going to give it a chance.
Our management better be ready for feedback as there is going to be plenty and I predict there will be some changes to follow.
Tobias-UK and GaxxyFlyer like this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:35 am

Programs: Some
I see a couple of questions I can answer, tea and coffee will always be served from the galley, I believe BA are looking at espresso machines but nothing confirmed as yet.
Percentage wise there is more food, I believe 180% for the starters/soup/salad and cheese and dessert.
We have been told that during the trials nobody was refused, I just don't believe that.
What I do know is that Do & Co have a huge say in what we are serving and how it is served, their logo is on everything and they have their reputation at stake.
This all sounds promising. Espresso-based coffee in Club World would be a great step forward. They'd need to use more reliable machines than in F though!
orbitmic likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 3:59 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Something that hasn't been mentioned is the impact on the WT plus/WT cabins, on the B744 mid J there will be one less crewmember working there meaning just 4 crew for 235 customers, on the B777 there will be just 3 for the bar service.

WT main meals will be served on a smaller 2/3 tray to allow for the extra catering in CW.
Do you think this will make a noticeable difference to WT/WT+ CIHY?

4 for 235 sounds like a slow meal service.

I'll get back behind the curtain now
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:03 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Absolutely you will notice a difference as BA are focussing all of their energy in CW, next cabin to be see changes wil be WT plus as this is our second most profitable cabin.
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:10 am

Absolutely you will notice a difference as BA are focussing all of their energy in CW, next cabin to be see changes wil be WT plus as this is our second most profitable cabin.
Actually - that's an interesting question.

How does the Do&Co upgrade in CW for JFK affect WTP?

Obviously they won't get the presentation - but do they get the improved main meals too?

Last edited by MPH1980; Aug 31, 2017 at 4:26 am Reason: Adjusting to be clear it's WTP
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:14 am

Originally Posted by MPH1980
Obviously they won't get the presentation - but do they get the improved mail meals too?
There is no change in caterer for this route, so it would have to have additional money spent on the meals to improve them.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 4:18 am

Programs: Mucci des Ancients Matelots
The fact that you're so positive does make me feel positive. Espresso machines would be a great addition. Fingers crossed!
Old Aug 31, 2017, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by Calum
You seem like a very positive individual.
Many may suggest a realistic individual.

Too many are focused on the one step forward while ignoring the three (or more) steps backwards that have been implemented over the past months.
bafan likes this.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:34 am

Programs: Mucci de Guardian des Celliers des Grands Crus 1e Classé, plus BAEC.
Originally Posted by passy777
Too many are focused on the one step forward while ignoring the three (or more) steps backwards that have been implemented over the past months.
Perhaps because this thread is specifically to discuss the step forward

There are many other threads to bash BA / discuss service reductions. Unremitting negativity is rather draining.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:35 am

Originally Posted by 710 77345
There is no change in caterer for this route, so it would have to have additional money spent on the meals to improve them.
So - given WTP currently get a CW main - they are now going to get different mains?

That seems like more money again to me.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Do and Co already supply the WT plus hot meals ex LHR on the JFK route so I'm guessing that they will continue to do so using the new CW menu, I'm not sure if these will be served on the new china but I am guessing that they will.
Old Aug 31, 2017, 8:48 am

Programs: Mucci Blue, BAEC Gold, Blockbuster Video card
Seems like a sensible enough compromise to me - some subset of the CW catering, which my non CC thought process says brings a few benefits.

1) Reduction of logistical complexity - no need for 4 tiers of catering
2) Allows WT+ pax to feel like they are getting something of somewhat premium value
3) As it would be a subset and not the full menu (and of course with no lounge access for non status and no flat bed) there's still the WT+ / CW separation of product.

Judging from the fair few boarding gate 'bongs' I have had over the years when flying in WT+, there is clearly both a demand for the product AND a desire from BA to make sure those seats sell. So I am not surprised that they will be giving that sector a makeover sooner rather than later.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.