Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

Another 241 downgrade story - from F - with no [EC261] compo

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Another 241 downgrade story - from F - with no [EC261] compo

Search this Thread

Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:11 pm

Programs: BA Gold, several other less interesting cards...
Originally Posted by simons1
So? If you are sufficiently worried - call or email or tweet BA directly.

What do you think they will say on an internet chat board that they wouldn't tell you directly?

If I am buying goods or services and have a concern I call the supplier. I don't go making anonymous comments in an internet chat room and hope the supplier might see it and decide to respond. Nobody does that with the expectation of being taken seriously.
I think you are missing the point. In the old days that was exactly what happened here.

Why would you write several responses to individuals when you could confirm or deny it to the masses.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 3:58 pm

Programs: BA Gold Virgin Atlantic Silver Hilton Honors Silver
Originally Posted by PETER01
Thanks for that Frogdoctor. Let me welcome you to Flyertalk and the BA Board and you have taken that leap from lurking to joining so feel free to chip in as the more the merrier! The information, experiences and advice here is fantastic and quite often the first stop for many a query.

However the BA Forum Dashboard is full of many golden nuggets and a worthwhile read if you haven't already done so.
Thanks Pete for your warm welcome, the BA Amex and 241s are the product of studying the forums along with my first 2 TP runs to Europe to retain silver.
Hoping to hit gold this coming year.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by srbrenna
I think you are missing the point. In the old days that was exactly what happened here.

Why would you write several responses to individuals when you could confirm or deny it to the masses.
It must have been the very old days as BA hasn't engaged meaningfully for some time. I doubt they have the resources to do so as costs are being cut.

This isn't something that "the masses" are interested in. There have been a couple of reported cases on here which must account for around 001% of their client base. The vast majority of 2 for 1 clients will travel as booked, its a total non issue.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:09 am

I’m on a 2-4-1 in F from LHR - JFK in the new year.
In the unlikely event of this occurring, what is the likelihood of the following two options?

Would I be able to request to be put on a later flight in the same cabin?

Alternatively, would I be able to accept the downgrade, but request that we still be allowed access to the CCR?

This will probably be our last F flight for a little while, so in this instance, travelling in the cabin I booked would be preferential to receiving any compensation under EU261.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 1:43 am

Programs: BA GGL, UA Plat, DL Plat, Hilton Diamond
It must have been the very old days as BA hasn't engaged meaningfully for some time. I doubt they have the resources to do so as costs are being cut.

This isn't something that "the masses" are interested in. There have been a couple of reported cases on here which must account for around 001% of their client base. The vast majority of 2 for 1 clients will travel as booked, its a total non issue.
42m pax uplifted in 2016 if I understand correctly, of which 0.001% would be 420 ... if we assume that 1 in 100 affected comes to FT to complain about it, you could be on the money there
Old Oct 12, 2017, 2:46 am

Programs: BA Blue
Originally Posted by JayeJ
I've flown the SJC route in first a few times this year (on both AUPs and 2-4-1) and they've had AUPs available each time, so you shouldn't have to worry much with over booking, FWIW.
Excellent, thank you for that. We did think this might be a nice quiet route into San Fran ^
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:07 am

I get it. It takes far more resource to get one of the reps on here to pen a quick note denying this than for Customer Services to individually answer any enquiries. It’s been a while since I worked in a large corporation.

As for “the masses” not being interested - well, that certainly makes it a complete non issue.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:58 am

As for “the masses” not being interested - well, that certainly makes it a complete non issue.
I love the idea of the masses needing to be interested to justify a thread on this board! Haha!

I can't see that information about 241's being downgraded is any less of an issue than concern about sandwich sizes on domestics, relentless wine bickering and noisy showers in lounges.

There is valid information here from an award winning travel blog - why are some trying to write it off so aggressively?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 12:07 pm

I get it. It takes far more resource to get one of the reps on here to pen a quick note denying this than for Customer Services to individually answer any enquiries. It’s been a while since I worked in a large corporation.

I doubt it.

There have been 2 or 3 cases on here, if they all complain then a standard letter will not be much trouble.

When you say "one of the reps" - who exactly are you referring to? The invisible man?

It is a non issue.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 3:32 pm

I doubt it.

There have been 2 or 3 cases on here, if they all complain then a standard letter will not be much trouble.

When you say "one of the reps" - who exactly are you referring to? The invisible man?

It is a non issue.
There used to be one voice here on FT. Now there are many who deal with different things.

I'll take your word for the rest.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 4:43 pm
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is not as though BA carefully crafts every individualized response. Quite the contrary. Those responses are pre-approved & canned.

I trust that there is a Letter #406 which is the denial of EC 261/2004 for deliberate downgrade of a 241, not to be confused with the #407 apologizing from the bottom of BA's "heart" for the low thread count on the hot towels.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 8:35 pm

Programs: US Air, UA BA LH AI DELTA MARRIOTT CHOICE SGP
Originally Posted by Often1
It is not as though BA carefully crafts every individualized response. Quite the contrary. Those responses are pre-approved & canned.

I trust that there is a Letter #406 which is the denial of EC 261/2004 for deliberate downgrade of a 241, not to be confused with the #407 apologizing from the bottom of BA's "heart" for the low thread count on the hot towels.
Problem goes from bad to worse when a wrong letter (as you pointed out) is received by the aggrieved pax. I am waiting for a letter that has a note attached saying " send this guy the bed bug letter "
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:32 pm

There used to be one voice here on FT. Now there are many who deal with different things.

I'll take your word for the rest.
When did BA last participate in a thread of this nature?
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:52 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA GGL, IHG Diamond Elite Amb, HH Diamond, Avis PC, Hertz PC, Sixt Platinum
Originally Posted by Raffles
I had an email last night from a HFP reader (not a reader here) who had tried to check in for the day flight to New York today in F.
I'm a bit late to this thread...

Assume you meant flight from New York rather than to New York, as you mentioned the day flight?

Personally I too would have been perfectly happy with the CW seat and £500 compensation, although I can see why people would be disappointed especially if this was for example a "one in a lifetime" trip in F.
Old Oct 12, 2017, 9:59 pm

Programs: BA (GGL G4L), AA (Gold), HH (Diamond); Marriott (Gold)
Originally Posted by clubman
I'm a bit late to this thread...

Assume you meant flight from New York rather than to New York, as you mentioned the day flight?

Personally I too would have been perfectly happy with the CW seat and £500 compensation, although I can see why people would be disappointed especially if this was for example a "one in a lifetime" trip in F.
Given that an AUP from CW to F is more than £500 as is the typical fare difference, why would you be happy with that amount of compensation?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.