Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Search this Thread

Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:53 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by newbyuk
@ Steve_ZA many thanks for this top tip - I did just this for a 27 delay in POP parking on 27 May and within 2 hours they have responded and refunded me the charge after I sent proof of delay and excess charges (admittedly like you I use them very frequently so that could have helped)! ^^
You are most welcome

I have always found the Heathrow Parking customer service to be either good or excellent over the years - I don't often need to contact them but every time I have the matter was resolved to my satisfaction or benefit.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:11 pm

Programs: VS FC Gold, BA EC Gold, Amex Centurion, EK Gold, ex-G-ATVK driver
Originally Posted by patgarrett
So let me get this straight - you get a ridiculous and unnecessarily generous handout and yet you're .....ing about it taking a few days to update?
Having a bad day?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:21 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Howard Long
Having a bad day?
Indeed. Clearly patgarrett is upset that others are getting something which he/she isn't, but expressing this in several posts and being rude to others is not a constructive way to deal with it.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
I'm still waiting patiently for the BA error-mail that gives us a 2-year Gold extension when we weren't even involved.

Should I complain?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 12:58 pm

Programs: BA
As a data point I spoke to the silver executive club line this evening - I was delayed and had 2 cancelled flights but didn't get the email.

The lady apologised and said that she would send a request to the back office team for this to be actioned (as she said I should have been included) and highlighted that will take effect at the start of my next collection date (June 2018 for me)
Old Jun 7, 2017, 5:06 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
Originally Posted by patgarrett
So let me get this straight - you get a ridiculous and unnecessarily generous handout and yet you're .....ing about it taking a few days to update?
I'm not entitled. I don't need the status. I was already Emerald until 2019 from a different program. But it's pathetic that they take this long to implement something that they announced a week ago.

This is as bad as the time Alaska merged with Virgin and announced 10,000 free miles for people who were 'active' members of both programs. Tons of people were left out, they didn't specify the selection criteria, and people went wild.

You think the airline and FT saying "shut up, you got free stuff" is OK when they basically screwed up pretty bad?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 6:37 pm

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by T8191
I'm still waiting patiently for the BA error-mail that gives us a 2-year Gold extension when we weren't even involved.

Should I complain?
I'm still waiting too, and it's an utter disgrace that it hasn't yet arrived.
Old Jun 7, 2017, 9:18 pm

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
I called the Silver line tonight as on Friday I got the email stating they were UPGRADING my membership to my previous TIER.

I read this as my current tier is Silver valid to end June 2017. My previous tier was Gold valid till end June 2016. A great gesture I thought. Nothing else would really be a gesture of goodwill to me as I've already qualified for Silver again till 2018 and will already have enough point to be qualifying again by September till 2019.

All I can say is from what I learnt is chaos and confusion still reign at the membership department. The staff member I spoke to said he never knew about it till she asked a colleague and they won't know how the gestures of goodwill will apply to each account for at least another week. All the emails sent Friday were apparently sent by mistake and none should have gone out at all. This explains why the bit where it says you will see your account update in a few days has not happened.

I was told to hang on to the copy of the email clearly stating I was being UPGRADED by My Hellier as that promise of a gesture of goodwill might actually be crucial if it actually ends up I was sent the wrong thing specific to my account.

Hmmm, sounds like a PR disaster to me!
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:20 am

Originally Posted by cheshirepete
Hmmm, sounds like another PR disaster to me!
Fixed that for you

In all seriousness, what is the problem with people that this is taking a little time to implement? So what? Talk about never looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Very odd and irrational behaviour from people in this thread
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:22 am

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
I called the Silver line tonight as on Friday I got the email stating they were UPGRADING my membership to my previous TIER.

I read this as my current tier is Silver valid to end June 2017. My previous tier was Gold valid till end June 2016. A great gesture I thought. Nothing else would really be a gesture of goodwill to me as I've already qualified for Silver again till 2018 and will already have enough point to be qualifying again by September till 2019.

All I can say is from what I learnt is chaos and confusion still reign at the membership department. The staff member I spoke to said he never knew about it till she asked a colleague and they won't know how the gestures of goodwill will apply to each account for at least another week. All the emails sent Friday were apparently sent by mistake and none should have gone out at all. This explains why the bit where it says you will see your account update in a few days has not happened.

I was told to hang on to the copy of the email clearly stating I was being UPGRADED by My Hellier as that promise of a gesture of goodwill might actually be crucial if it actually ends up I was sent the wrong thing specific to my account.

Hmmm, sounds like a PR disaster to me!
Can you share your email with your personal details redacted?

And yes, the solution to a disaster is to make another disaster. And this is supposed to encourage loyalty.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:30 am

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by rossmacd
In all seriousness, what is the problem with people that this is taking a little time to implement? So what? Talk about never looking a gift horse in the mouth.

Very odd and irrational behaviour from people in this thread
Because we want to know what BA are actually doing, so we can plan accordingly. If they're going to be extending whichever tier I have at the end of my collection year, it might be worth a TP run to hit Gold first. If it's in effect only a one year extension, I need to think about how I'm going to earn TPs from August 2018 onwards. If I'm guaranteed Silver until September 2020, I could look at crediting flights to somewhere other than BAEC.

As it is, we don't have any detail, so don't know what to do about it.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:35 am

Programs: BA, Accor, Hilton, ITA
Originally Posted by keitherson
Can you share your email with your personal details redacted?

And yes, the solution to a disaster is to make another disaster. And this is supposed to encourage loyalty.
Sure:

Dear Mr Cheshirepete,

As someone who flies with us so often, I want you to know that we always strive to offer you the highest level of service, and make your journey as comfortable as possible.

However, we clearly fell far short of this commitment last weekend.
I’m so sorry you had to endure such inconvenience, and understand the frustration it must have caused. So as a gesture of goodwill, we’d like to upgrade your membership to its previous tier for another year.
We’ll be making these changes over the coming days, and you’ll soon be able to see your updated details on ba.com.

If you want to make a claim for any food, transport and accommodation expenses, you can do this through our customer relations teams.

You can find additional information on ba.com about your customer rights and what you can submit a claim for under the EU compensation regulation.

I hope this goes some way to making up for your experience last weekend, and rest assured we’re working to safeguard against this in the future.

Again, please accept our apologies, and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:38 am

Originally Posted by Deltus
Because we want to know what BA are actually doing, so we can plan accordingly. If they're going to be extending whichever tier I have at the end of my collection year, it might be worth a TP run to hit Gold first. If it's in effect only a one year extension, I need to think about how I'm going to earn TPs from August 2018 onwards. If I'm guaranteed Silver until September 2020, I could look at crediting flights to somewhere other than BAEC.

As it is, we don't have any detail, so don't know what to do about it.
I'm not sure I agree here. BA are making a gesture (generous gesture, in my opinion), and I am not sure they really care much about the status holders who just scrape status - they are not the most profitable customers.

I guess I am just more relaxed about all of this, since my flying pattern means that Gold is actually pretty easy, as is hitting top/high tiers in other programmes at the same time.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:46 am

Programs: BA Gold
... I’m so sorry you had to endure such inconvenience, and understand the frustration it must have caused. So as a gesture of goodwill, we’d like to upgrade your membership to its previous tier for another year ...
Interesting. My son who didn't get the 2 year extension email even though he was flying with my wife and I who did, recently dropped from Silver to Bronze. I wonder if he will get this offer instead.
Old Jun 8, 2017, 12:49 am
Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club, easyJet and Ryanair

Programs: BA Gold (GGL/CCR)
Sure:

Dear Mr Cheshirepete,

As someone who flies with us so often, I want you to know that we always strive to offer you the highest level of service, and make your journey as comfortable as possible.

However, we clearly fell far short of this commitment last weekend.
I’m so sorry you had to endure such inconvenience, and understand the frustration it must have caused. So as a gesture of goodwill, we’d like to upgrade your membership to its previous tier for another year.
We’ll be making these changes over the coming days, and you’ll soon be able to see your updated details on ba.com.

If you want to make a claim for any food, transport and accommodation expenses, you can do this through our customer relations teams.

You can find additional information on ba.com about your customer rights and what you can submit a claim for under the EU compensation regulation.

I hope this goes some way to making up for your experience last weekend, and rest assured we’re working to safeguard against this in the future.

Again, please accept our apologies, and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,
When does your collection year end?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.