FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1846016-ba-complimentary-status-renewal-two-years.html)

dsf Jun 2, 2017 2:08 pm

Tier extension for two years

just got this email from BA:

Dear dsf,

As someone who flies with us so often, I want you to know that we always strive to offer you the highest level of service, and make your journey as comfortable as possible.

However, we clearly fell far short of this commitment last weekend.I知 so sorry you had to endure such inconvenience, and understand the frustration it must have caused. So as a gesture of goodwill, we壇 like to renew your current tier status for a further two years, regardless of how many Tier Points you collect in that time.

tom139 Jun 2, 2017 2:08 pm

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Just received the below from BA renewing my Gold status for two years regardless of how many tier points attained. Anybody else got it?

Originally Posted by BA
Dear tom139,

As someone who flies with us so often, I want you to know that we always strive to offer you the highest level of service, and make your journey as comfortable as possible.

However, we clearly fell far short of this commitment last weekend.
I知 so sorry you had to endure such inconvenience, and understand the frustration it must have caused. So as a gesture of goodwill, we壇 like to renew your current tier status for a further two years, regardless of how many Tier Points you collect in that time.
We値l be making these changes over the coming days, and you値l soon be able to see your updated details on ba.com.

If you want to make a claim for any food, transport and accommodation expenses, you can do this through our customer relations teams.

You can find additional information on ba.com about your customer rights and what you can submit a claim for under the EU compensation regulation.

I hope this goes some way to making up for your experience last weekend, and rest assured we池e working to safeguard against this in the future.

Again, please accept our apologies, and thank you for your patience.

dakaix Jun 2, 2017 2:08 pm

Just received quite a remarkable email from BAEC:

Dear dakaix,

However, we clearly fell far short of this commitment last weekend.I知 so sorry you had to endure such inconvenience, and understand the frustration it must have caused. So as a gesture of goodwill, we壇 like to renew your current tier status for a further two years, regardless of how many Tier Points you collect in that time.We値l be making these changes over the coming days, and you値l soon be able to see your updated details on ba.com.
I wasn't even flying BA at the weekend (did a TLL run), so wonder how widespread this offer is!

ETA: As others downthread have reminded me, I did fly BA on Monday, so likely this was how I ended up being included. Not a bad result for a 45min tech delay then and 1hr WX today!

pebadian Jun 2, 2017 2:10 pm

Got it too. My girlfriend as well. That must be a bug. Two more years Gold which we just achieved for the first time? Can't believe that...

citygourmande Jun 2, 2017 2:10 pm

Yep. Got the same email!

Steve_ZA Jun 2, 2017 2:11 pm

Well this is interesting:

Originally Posted by James Hillier
Dear Mr Steve ZA,

I’m so sorry you had to endure such inconvenience, and understand the frustration it must have caused. So as a gesture of goodwill, we’d like to renew your current tier status for a further two years, regardless of how many Tier Points you collect in that time.

Beaten to it by dakaix. I was flying BA, or at least trying to.

riku2 Jun 2, 2017 2:11 pm

two year status extension due to 27 May issues

I'm not sure if this is related to the claim I filed today due to a cancelled flight on Saturday or they sent it automatically to those affected, but I had my status extended another two years regardless of TP's earned!

I知 so sorry you had to endure such inconvenience, and understand the frustration it must have caused. So as a gesture of goodwill, we壇 like to renew your current tier status for a further two years, regardless of how many Tier Points you collect in that time.

We値l be making these changes over the coming days, and you値l soon be able to see your updated details on ba.com.

If you want to make a claim for any food, transport and accommodation expenses, you can do this through our customer relations teams.

You can find additional information on ba.com about your customer rights and what you can submit a claim for under the EU compensation regulation.

I hope this goes some way to making up for your experience last weekend, and rest assured we池e working to safeguard against this in the future.

Again, please accept our apologies, and thank you for your patience.

Kind regards,

James Hillier
from the Executive Club

gallagher Jun 2, 2017 2:11 pm

me too :) I was cancelled out of MPL on Saturday :(

I wonder if this is for all Exec members or just those inconvenienced last weekend?

corporate-wage-slave Jun 2, 2017 2:12 pm

Goodness that's quite a decent idea and gesture.

[May be worth making a note in the Disruption thread if you are able to confirm that you were caught up in it]

balowlyblue Jun 2, 2017 2:12 pm

Same here!!

bibbju Jun 2, 2017 2:12 pm

Yes, just got it too. I'm impressed. Although slightly gutted as I just shelled out 」800 on a flight that will renew my Gold status at the end of this month anyway. I could have saved the money! Still, I'm not looking a gift house in the mouth. I'll happily accept Gold for another 2 years and in the meantime I might look at moving back to Emirates or Star Alliance and rebuilding my status with them for the next year since I won't need to worry about BA TPs.

Edit: Just to add, I was flying last weekend but luckily on Fri and Sun so managed to avoid the disruption (although I was worried at one point that I might not make it back from YYZ if they couldn't get a plane out there).

Has this email gone to all BAEC members?

deboyzoned Jun 2, 2017 2:12 pm

Originally Posted by tom139 (Post 28394360)
Just received the below from BA renewing my Gold status for two years regardless of how many tier points attained. Anybody else got it?

Just received the email. GGL for another 2 years. Great. Although I would have made my TP for this year with my future bookings.

😊

Virazuno Jun 2, 2017 2:13 pm

Originally Posted by balowlyblue (Post 28394391)
Same here!!

Username checks out ;)

Rayeus Jun 2, 2017 2:13 pm

I'm Silver, just attained the status again this week at the start of the collection period. :o

(I was caught up in the shenanigans over the weekend FWIW)

So as a gesture of goodwill, we’d like to upgrade your membership to its previous tier for another year.

pebadian Jun 2, 2017 2:13 pm

So... Not only Golds got it I guess? Did you guys had any flights at the weekend? Is every member getting this? They're losing a lot of TP runs ;)

As a background: we're both gold, had flights on Friday and Monday from LCY. So not immediately impacted.

Currently Gold until June 2018, does this mean now until June 2020? That would be... Wow!