Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > British Airways | Executive Club
Reload this Page >

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:19 am

Programs: BMI Diamond Club refugee: BA-Br; HH-D
Originally Posted by winchpete
I am Gold and had collected 1500 TPs the week before the disruption. I was due to fly on the 28th. The flight was cancelled but I have not had an e-mail extending my status. Could this be because I was booked on an Avios ticket?
Originally Posted by Howard Long
Mine was on Sunday, on Avios too, and I've yet to receive an email. It'd be interesting to hear of any others who flew on Avios award flights during the disruption and have received the email, although hopefully there's no correlation.
Originally Posted by TabTraveller
I'd laugh a lot if they've used a passenger's CIV to target this offer. Wouldn't overly surprise me.
Originally Posted by BA6501
I was on Avios and received it.

I too was on an avios booking and received the magic status extension email. If there is any correlation with CIV, it will be an inverse correlation since mine must be very low at present
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:29 am
dsf
Original Poster

Programs: Nowt of note.
I'm a bit bemused by people still trying to tease out eligibility from evidence in this thread. Unless I'm mistaken, recipients were a subset of bronzes, silvers, golds and lifers; from various countries; who paid with Avios, cash, or some mixture of the two; were primary passenger or otherwise; and who may or may not have been disrupted.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold/OWE, several MUCCI, and assorted Pensions!
Any anomalies may derive from manual processing. "Our customers have told us they appreciate random solutions to simple problems."
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:45 am
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

I just knew this offer would delight a few and piss off many.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
I'm annoyed that I tried to book an Avios seat and could not. WHERE'S MY EMAIL
Old Jun 6, 2017, 8:54 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by HIDDY
I just knew this offer would delight a few and piss off many.
Only those with even numbered CIVs
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:28 am

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by dward85
From what I've been told by a BA rep in the UK is that whatever status you have at the end of the year is what will be extended for the 2 years.

I seem to be the only one thats asked the rep this specific question so would be good to get more data points on this.

If anyone can call and confirm this it would be nice.

(I asked this because I was only 20TP away from silver for this year and I have 8 or so months to go until my collection year ends and I wanted them to wait until I hit silver....but she told me it didnt matter)
Well if that's the case, it could lead to a lot more TP running to get people to the next level before the end of their year. I'm especially thinking Bronzes chasing Silver so that they can lock in lounge access for at least a couple of years...

As for me, a soft-landed silver on 110TPs this year, I don't think I'll bother trying to move up to Gold.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:50 am

Originally Posted by Gomac
It's interesting because I got the apology email from Alex Cruz on 29/05 saying they know I was affected by the disruption but no extension for me.
I'm in the same situation. Got the apology email but nothing else.

I guess nothing for it but to check email regularly for the next few days.

I've not seen much mention of that apology email on here.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 11:21 am

Programs: BA S, VS S, SQ G, HH D, IHG D/A, Marriott G, Radisson G, Hertz PC
Originally Posted by Dambus
Sounds like there is a conscious segmentation including "Disrupted but no service recovery needed"
From the variety of groups posting so far I'm personally doubtful of any such nuance to BA IT. I think they basically have no easy way of covering everyone - they've given it their best go and are now relying on either a mix of manual work on their part and/or affected customers getting in touch. Much more cock-up than conspiracy I would think! (although I did really like T8191's "Our customers have told us they appreciate random solutions to simple problems." BA marketing speak take on it )
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:49 pm

Programs: TINDER GOLD, STARBUCKS GOLD, COSTCO EXECUTIVE!!
How have they still not updated our membership expiry yet??? Why even bother sending an email if you can't even deliver within a reasonable timeline?
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:54 pm

Programs: BA Silver - hard drop from GGL :( SPG Gold, Hilton Diamond, AC E50k
Originally Posted by keitherson
How have they still not updated our membership expiry yet??? Why even bother sending an email if you can't even deliver within a reasonable timeline?
Maybe to ensure they get it right ...

assume me this is a trolling post, otherwise maybe try to be grateful? :-)
Old Jun 6, 2017, 4:55 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Originally Posted by dward85
From what I've been told by a BA rep in the UK is that whatever status you have at the end of the year is what will be extended for the 2 years.

I seem to be the only one thats asked the rep this specific question so would be good to get more data points on this.

If anyone can call and confirm this it would be nice.

(I asked this because I was only 20TP away from silver for this year and I have 8 or so months to go until my collection year ends and I wanted them to wait until I hit silver....but she told me it didnt matter)
I'll get to Silver next month and my year ends in September. It would be fantastic if I could retain it for longer because I doubt I'll be able to afford to get it again for a few years. I'll let you know if I find out any more from BA.
Old Jun 6, 2017, 10:27 pm

Programs: EI AerClub Concierge, EK Gold, BA Gold, BD Gold (Retired), HHonors Diamond, Bonvoy Lifetime Gold
Originally Posted by dsf
I'm a bit bemused by people still trying to tease out eligibility from evidence in this thread. Unless I'm mistaken, recipients were a subset of bronzes, silvers, golds and lifers; from various countries; who paid with Avios, cash, or some mixture of the two; were primary passenger or otherwise; and who may or may not have been disrupted.
... or "Other (please specify)"

I was prevented from flying BA during the period of disruption only because they don't operate ORD-MEX. Hardly my fault. Where can I initiate court proceedings?
Old Jun 7, 2017, 10:18 am

Programs: BA (GGL, CCR & G4LIFE), VS (Gold4life), Hilton (Diamond), IHG (Spire Elite), SPG (Plat)
Originally Posted by Steve_ZA
Send an email to [email protected] and explain that you overstayed your parking due to a cancelled BA flight. They refunded my pod parking as a goodwill gesture on that basis. I do park there quite often so I don't know if that was a factor.
@ Steve_ZA many thanks for this top tip - I did just this for a 27 delay in POP parking on 27 May and within 2 hours they have responded and refunded me the charge after I sent proof of delay and excess charges (admittedly like you I use them very frequently so that could have helped)! ^^
Old Jun 7, 2017, 11:48 am

Programs: Yorkshire Coastliner
Originally Posted by keitherson
So let me get this straight - you get a ridiculous and unnecessarily generous handout and yet you're .....ing about it taking a few days to update?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.