FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Complimentary Status Renewal for Two Years
Old Jun 6, 2017, 9:28 am
ratechaser

Programs: Sir Ratechaser Seigneur de la Patience d'un Saint (Mucci), BA Silver, Starbucks Gold
Originally Posted by dward85
From what I've been told by a BA rep in the UK is that whatever status you have at the end of the year is what will be extended for the 2 years.

I seem to be the only one thats asked the rep this specific question so would be good to get more data points on this.

If anyone can call and confirm this it would be nice.

(I asked this because I was only 20TP away from silver for this year and I have 8 or so months to go until my collection year ends and I wanted them to wait until I hit silver....but she told me it didnt matter)
Well if that's the case, it could lead to a lot more TP running to get people to the next level before the end of their year. I'm especially thinking Bronzes chasing Silver so that they can lock in lounge access for at least a couple of years...

As for me, a soft-landed silver on 110TPs this year, I don't think I'll bother trying to move up to Gold.