Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:54 am

Originally Posted by SteveF
Aren't guests recorded on the entitled person's account upon the first visit to prevent popping out and smuggling extra guests in or taking additional guests into different lounges?
That would make sense. It's interesting to think that BA's lounge guesting IT systems are more reliable than their booking engine and website
Old Jun 3, 2019, 3:01 am

Programs: BA GGL / GFL, Mucci Diamond!, HH Diamond, Radisson Premium, IHG Gold, Hertz Gold
Originally Posted by Wadge
We will very likely travel economy this time, if it were Club it wouldn't be a question. They are 10 and 13 years old, it will be on T5 yes but on the way back it would be great to have lounge access in USA also. I am Silver now anyway. thx
At 10 and 13, I would not even try in T5 to be honest - they tend to stick tightly to the rules. Until only very recently even GGL was only allowed 2 guests, and you would be looking to guest 3 people. Better to find a nice coffee shop / restaurant or an open area of seats at a gate and camp down there.

You may be able to swap guests if you're clear about it with the lounge agents, as once your first guest is "in", then the system won't allow any more.
Old Jun 5, 2019, 2:46 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Originally Posted by ThatT1Feeling
At 10 and 13, I would not even try in T5 to be honest - they tend to stick tightly to the rules. Until only very recently even GGL was only allowed 2 guests, and you would be looking to guest 3 people. Better to find a nice coffee shop / restaurant or an open area of seats at a gate and camp down there.

You may be able to swap guests if you're clear about it with the lounge agents, as once your first guest is "in", then the system won't allow any more.
Ok, thank you. I may do the swap business then. I just want to show my boys a big lounge from inside as it will be their first long-haul trip.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:12 am

Programs: BAEC Bronze, IHG Gold, HHonors Gold
Can someone help, I've looked at the wiki but cannot find the answer. Doing a b2b LHR-CPH-LHR with the CPH-LHR leg in CE. Can we access the club lounge in LHR as we have a same day flight in CE.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 11:36 am

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by dontflymuch
Can someone help, I've looked at the wiki but cannot find the answer. Doing a b2b LHR-CPH-LHR with the CPH-LHR leg in CE. Can we access the club lounge in LHR as we have a same day flight in CE.
No, you won't be allowed to.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:02 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver
Just a question : Galleries T5B - open at 5.00 or 5.30 ??
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:13 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Andriyko
No, you won't be allowed to.
Are you sure? According to post 4 of this thread:
Originally Posted by Prospero
BA for example will permit lounge access to passengers without status, travelling in Euro Traveller connecting to/from a Club Europe flight.
Why won't the CE boarding pass for CPH-LHR enable access at LHR on the outbound?
dontflymuch likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:19 pm
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
Originally Posted by Deltus

Why won't the CE boarding pass for CPH-LHR enable access at LHR on the outbound?
As you probably remember this was discussed in this thread recently Upgrade for lounge access

There is nothing in the official lounge eligibility guide which provides for lounge access in the scenario dontflymuch describes, lounge access is only on the basis of the departing flight.

There is an exception for reward bookings when arriving in CE and connecting to UK domestic. Arriving customers booked in CE in U selling class got access at LHR before the domestic flight.This exception isn't relevant to the OP's scenario tho.
dontflymuch likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 4:35 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by KARFA
As you probably remember this was discussed in this thread recently Upgrade for lounge access

There is nothing in the official lounge eligibility guide which provides for lounge access in the scenario dontflymuch describes, lounge access is only on the basis of the departing flight.

There is an exception for reward bookings when arriving in CE and connecting to UK domestic. Arriving customers booked in CE in U selling class got access at LHR before the domestic flight.This exception isn't relevant to the OP's scenario tho.
I certainly do remember! Although I thought the upshot of that thread was that it was a bit of a grey area and Prospero was going to ask for some clarity from the BAEC insiders. I was therefore surprised that Andriyko was so sure about it, so was hoping they might have some personal experience to share...

In any case, there's a slight distinction here in that the connection is ET to CE, whereas the earlier thread was CE to ET - not sure if that makes a difference. Is the 2016 Lounge Eligibility Guide still on the internet anywhere? The new Speedbird.com doesn't seem to have anything helpful...
dontflymuch likes this.
Old Jun 6, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: Mucci, BA Gold, TK Elite, HHonors Lifetime Diamond
Originally Posted by Deltus

Because CPH-LHR is not a connecting flight. Eligibility for each of LHR-CPH and CPH-LHR flights will be determined separately.
dontflymuch likes this.
Old Jun 7, 2019, 1:25 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HH Gold
Originally Posted by THEOBCMAN
Just a question : Galleries T5B - open at 5.00 or 5.30 ??

Officially I think it's 5:30 but in my experience it opens earlier. For example I've arrived many times on BA32, landing into C-gates before 5am, made it over to B security and have to wait for the HAL security people to rock up at 5am, I've then gone through security and waited around at the bottom of the stairs to the B lounge. Someone usually comes out around 5:15, turns the escalator on and opens the door to the lounge. I've then been allowed in, usually the first one!
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:17 am

Hi. This may be a really basic question. I'm silver status travelling in economy ex Malaga. I'm assuming I can access the business lounge there? Thanks.
Old Jun 8, 2019, 9:57 am

Programs: BAEC GGL, HHonors Diamond, IHG Uninspired, Marriott Bonvoy Titanium, UK AMEX Plat
Originally Posted by northeastflyer
Hi. This may be a really basic question. I'm silver status travelling in economy ex Malaga. I'm assuming I can access the business lounge there? Thanks.
As long as you're on a OneWorld airline operated flight (eg BA or Iberia), your silver status gets you access to the (large but otherwise average) lounge in Malaga run by the airport. After security, head right, then up the stairs on the right heading back the way you came into the lounge. Show them the boarding card with your BAEC status on it, they'll scan it to confirm then let you in.
Old Jun 9, 2019, 1:17 am

Thanks for the confirmation.
Old Jun 10, 2019, 4:50 am

Programs: BA gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Wadge
but on the way back it would be great to have lounge access in USA also. I am Silver now anyway. thx
As a data point: Last year I had no issues taking my wife and daughters into the AA admirals clubs in both PHL and MCO. MIA flagship lounge attendant was more reluctant, but after some kind smiles from my daughters she waved us through. No guarantee though. BA gold travelling in economy with wife and (at the time) 5 and 7 yrs old.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.