Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BA lounge access guidelines

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2019, 6:14 am

Programs: BA CCR/GGL, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
You cannot use the jfk ccr if you don't have a card or an f flight out of jfk.
You can only use the one in lhr where u have the f flight.. If this leaves from t5.
But if you are travelling F you can guest someone into the CCR.....
Old May 14, 2019, 6:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Location: Falkirk, Scotland,VS Red, BA Gold, HH Diamond,UK Amex Plat
Programs: Master of the Privy Purse des Muccis
Originally Posted by andrew1960
I have Blue status and will be arriving at Gatwick on a First ticket then flying-on to Edinburgh on the same day. The class of travel from Gatwick to Edinburgh is Club Europe. All the flights have been booked together as part of a BA Holiday package.

The booking itinerary says to use the Club Lounge at Gatwick. The Lounge Access Guidelines in the wiki suggest that I can use the Gatwick First Lounge because I arrive and depart on the same day.

I contacted BA via their e-mail link and received a reply saying to use the Club Lounge.

Have the access criteria changed recently or will I still get access to the First Class lounge if I show my arriving ticket?
Hi,

Just show your First boarding pass at lounge reception and you will get into the First lounge.

Regards

TBS
andrew1960 likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 10:35 am

Programs: BA GGL, HH Diamond, IHG Diamond Amb
Vueling and BA codeshares at LGW

Just a quick update on my earlier query about Vueling at LGW on a codeshare. I was able to access the F lounge as usual. They lady at the front desk needed my VY boarding pass and to see my gold card as they had to enter my number into the system and that was it.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:45 pm

Sorry if this has been asked before but I will be flying first class to Miami. It will be from T3 at Heathrow. I am staying the night before in the Sofitel in T5 so am I allowed to use the Concorde Lounge or only the First lounge in T3?
Thanks in advance -I'm not a frequent flyer so wanted to get this right!!
Old May 16, 2019, 3:51 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci. Nothing else matters.
Welcome to (posting on) FT, Luckys Mum!
Originally Posted by Luckys Mum
Sorry if this has been asked before but I will be flying first class to Miami. It will be from T3 at Heathrow. I am staying the night before in the Sofitel in T5 so am I allowed to use the Concorde Lounge or only the First lounge in T3?
You can't use the T5 Concorde Room. But at T3, you are not restricted to the BA First lounge. You should be able to use any of the oneworld lounges in T3. Many opinions are available as to which one is most congenial: Best T3 OneWorld Lounge
Old May 16, 2019, 3:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thanks in advance -I'm not a frequent flyer so wanted to get this right!!
Hi,

Welcome to flyertalk and the BA forum Luckys Mum .

You will not be able to use the Concorde Lounge at T5. However you can use all the T3 F lounges ( and J also ) ie Cathay F and Cathay J, BA F and J , AA F & J and Qantas with Cathay and you can lounge hop if you like

You can use the BA checkin at the softiel lobby for a T3 departure.

Regards

TBS

PS Ah! Globaliser just beat me to it!
Luckys Mum likes this.
Old May 16, 2019, 3:57 pm

Thank you both very much for the quick replies!
I was obviously wishful thinking that I could use the Concorde Lounge!!!!!!!!
Old May 16, 2019, 4:13 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thank you both very much for the quick replies!
I was obviously wishful thinking that I could use the Concorde Lounge!!!!!!!!
Hi,

Whilst the Concorde Lounge is nice, I think you will be very impressed with the T 3 lounges ( notably Cathay- try for a bite to eat in the Cathay first dining room) but the Cathay business lounge is very good also.

Regards

TBS
Luckys Mum likes this.
Old Jun 2, 2019, 2:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold; LH FTL; IHG Diamond; Marriott Gold; ALL Gold
Originally Posted by Prospero
Scenario 3
Transit from a short haul flight in Club Europe to another short haul flight in Euro Traveller. Note, this applies only to BA to BA transfers

Apparently this scenario is now incorrect. I have no experience either way, but if that is indeed the case, please can an update of this guide be put on Prospero's to-do list, if it's not already on there?
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:21 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Dear All,

for the first time ever will fly with my entire family long-haul. Wife and 2 boys. So far I only took my wife with me overseas and it was automatic to go to lounges when she travelled with me. But was wondering what is the situation if I travel with children? Is is striclty "one guest" only, meaning one adult or I really have to leave 2 children outside while we enter the lounge or I take one of them and my wife stays outside with the other or any other combination? Or is there any flexibility in this rule when it comes to children?

Thx,

Wadge
Old Jun 2, 2019, 3:57 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Wadge
Dear All,

for the first time ever will fly with my entire family long-haul. Wife and 2 boys. So far I only took my wife with me overseas and it was automatic to go to lounges when she travelled with me. But was wondering what is the situation if I travel with children? Is is striclty "one guest" only, meaning one adult or I really have to leave 2 children outside while we enter the lounge or I take one of them and my wife stays outside with the other or any other combination? Or is there any flexibility in this rule when it comes to children?

Thx,

Wadge
Hi,

How old are your childeren? If they are young ( under 2) then they may let all of you in but in all probability I would expect little flexibility on this point ( you may have more luck in Galleries club than Galleries F ( assuming we are talking about LHR T5)- whilch airport are we talling about?

Regards

TBS
Old Jun 2, 2019, 10:32 pm

Programs: BA GGL, CCR - TK G
Originally Posted by Wadge
Dear All,

Thx,

Wadge
Is it only me? I don't see you status or class of travel.?
Old Jun 3, 2019, 1:19 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hhonors Diamond, SPG Platinum, AVIS Presidents' Club
Originally Posted by Vasco Pridat
Is it only me? I don't see you status or class of travel.?
We will very likely travel economy this time, if it were Club it wouldn't be a question. They are 10 and 13 years old, it will be on T5 yes but on the way back it would be great to have lounge access in USA also. I am Silver now anyway. thx
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:33 am

Officially, one guest (you can pick your wife or favourite child). I've read that the LHR lounges often have periods, usually during school holidays, where they let more children in than is usually allowed, so I would assume there's occasionally some flexibility there.

I also assume you can come out of the lounge and swap guests. And finally, I assume that if you just popped out and grabbed another guest they're not keeping count. As I really value my silver status I personally wouldn't take that risk, in case someone noticed and decided the punishment was zero-ing my tier points! I'd just find a nice cafe in the airport and have coffee/lunch/dinner there.

Based on nothing other than a gut feeling, I would not expect any leeway in the US.
Old Jun 3, 2019, 2:42 am

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
Officially, one guest (you can pick your wife or favourite child). I've read that the LHR lounges often have periods, usually during school holidays, where they let more children in than is usually allowed, so I would assume there's occasionally some flexibility there.
I believe this perk has previously been offered only to Gold and above or even GGL and above, but not Silver.

Originally Posted by adrianlondon
I also assume you can come out of the lounge and swap guests. And finally, I assume that if you just popped out and grabbed another guest they're not keeping count. As I really value my silver status I personally wouldn't take that risk, in case someone noticed and decided the punishment was zero-ing my tier points! I'd just find a nice cafe in the airport and have coffee/lunch/dinner there.
Aren't guests recorded on the entitled person's account upon the first visit to prevent popping out and smuggling extra guests in or taking additional guests into different lounges?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.