FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FT BA Flight Simulator Outing to Heathrow [UK] – 20/27 October 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833135-ft-ba-flight-simulator-outing-heathrow-uk-20-27-october-2017-a.html)

bhbloke Oct 4, 2017 7:28 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28892388)
I have been emailing Andy this week and he does send his apologies as he is sometimes difficult to track down and not always at his desk. You can always call and pay using the general number for BAFT - although I think Andy would like to say hello with all who are coming and have a chat.

No problem, still plenty of time so I'm not worried yet.

Edit: caught Andy this afternoon, he again apologised for his elusiveness but seemed to be looking forward to seeing the chaos we can cause in the simulator world!

GeorgeAmbler89 Oct 4, 2017 11:21 am

I rang him, left a message and he rang back the next day so I’m now all paid up

george

florens Oct 4, 2017 11:25 am

I tried several times yesterday but got through in the late afternoon. Everything was done within a couple of minutes. My card has not been charged yet, however.

Soddon Oct 6, 2017 4:23 am

Apparently Friday Morning is the time to call, got straight through. He says he spends a lot of time in the simulators, which doesn't sound like a bad thing to me.

KARFA Oct 6, 2017 5:58 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28875731)
Thanks to everyone for all your passport details. I have them all now apart from @Premier Owl

PMs will be going out this weekend with full details including how to pay and instructions on the day.

@Premier Owl

Where are you dear chap? Hope you are ok. I really need the passport details asap please :)

KARFA Oct 6, 2017 8:12 am

If you look at the group list you can see on 27th there is a "no 4 tbc" in group 2.

https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/28614931-post127.html

There were two people who were possibles, but my plan was always if they couldn't do it I would take that place and fly both Fridays.

The two possibles have now pretty much said they can't do it so in case anyone is still interested or knows someone who is I am happy to let someone else have that space. Could you send me a PM asap if so. If no one else wants it I will take the space though.

florens Oct 8, 2017 11:11 pm

Stupid question maybe, but is it fine to bring a bottle ot water or so, or is there airport-type security?

Jagboi Oct 8, 2017 11:28 pm

You can bring water, there isn't airport security. There is a break mid way through the session and there are vending machines with snacks and drinks available. I think tea was 30p, so very reasonable.

I can't recall a specific prohibition, but I doubt you'd be allowed to bring food or drink into the simulator itself. Depending on how skilled some of the participants are, so of the landings can get quite rough; if you had a drink in your hand, you'd be wearing it all over you!

florens Oct 8, 2017 11:29 pm

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 28909691)
You can bring water, there isn't airport security. There is a break mid way through the session and there are vending machines with snacks and drinks available. I think tea was 30p, so very reasonable

Ok, thanks.

KARFA Oct 9, 2017 2:51 am

Originally Posted by Jagboi (Post 28909691)
You can bring water, there isn't airport security. There is a break mid way through the session and there are vending machines with snacks and drinks available. I think tea was 30p, so very reasonable.

I can't recall a specific prohibition, but I doubt you'd be allowed to bring food or drink into the simulator itself. Depending on how skilled some of the participants are, so of the landings can get quite rough; if you had a drink in your hand, you'd be wearing it all over you!

Yes, no security. I am sure bottles of water are fine and you can have some whilst everyone is rotating in the sim during your session. Open drinks in the sim I imagine are a big no no. You can bring some snacks to eat during the break, but tbh whilst you are in the sim you aren't going to have time to sit and eat anything.

florens Oct 9, 2017 3:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28910047)
Yes, no security. I am sure bottles of water are fine and you can have some whilst everyone is rotating in the sim during your session. Open drinks in the sim I imagine are a big no no. You can bring some snacks to eat during the break, but tbh whilst you are in the sim you aren't going to have time to sit and eat anything.

That makes sense, and I didn't intend on bringing a cup of coffee or so. Just some water in a bottle.

KARFA Oct 11, 2017 10:19 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28899972)
@Premier Owl

Where are you dear chap? Hope you are ok. I really need the passport details asap please :)

@Premier Owl this is becoming very urgent now.

I really need passport details please this week. Also I have sent a PM to you on 2 October with information for the day and instructions on paying - please call to pay this week.

As I noted right at the start each person is responsible for their share of the costs once they have committed. It would be completely unfair if someone commits then doesn't pay and doesn't show up since someone else will have to cover that cost.

If for any reason you now can't make it please let me know so we can try and work something out. However, unless we can find a replacement you are still responsible for your share.

KARFA Oct 13, 2017 5:16 am

One week to go until the first session. I understand Andy is out of the office today so if you have yet to pay no need to try today, but do call next week.

I am looking forward to next Friday evening!

florens Oct 13, 2017 5:24 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28927561)

Me too! ^

S_W_S Oct 13, 2017 5:32 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28927561)

I'm looking forward to 2 weeks on Friday :)