FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FT BA Flight Simulator Outing to Heathrow [UK] – 20/27 October 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833135-ft-ba-flight-simulator-outing-heathrow-uk-20-27-october-2017-a.html)

florens May 12, 2017 3:51 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28301772)
Yes, old style!

You pick up the phone, dial BAFT, and a human being takes your card number and charges your card :p

Ha, alright! :eek:

Andrea3108 May 12, 2017 4:24 am

Thank you :-)

UKLizzie May 12, 2017 7:18 am

Hi Karfa - if you still have places, and a group doesn't mind a complete newbie (although I did try flying a helicoptor once) I would love to try this and can do either date. Mild preference for a 747, but would be very happy with either. Thanks

NewBlue May 17, 2017 2:19 pm

Unfortunately I'm no longer going to be able to make it this year :(
I've been trying to rearrange a clash but no luck.

Hope you all have a great time and hope its on agin next year!

florens May 21, 2017 9:54 am

I'm all set, just booked BSL-LHR.

KARFA May 22, 2017 3:49 am

Originally Posted by NewBlue (Post 28324733)
Unfortunately I'm no longer going to be able to make it this year :(
I've been trying to rearrange a clash but no luck.

Hope you all have a great time and hope its on agin next year!

Sorry you can't make it this year NewBlue. Thanks for letting me know.

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28340701)
I'm all set, just booked BSL-LHR.

I'll be updating things later this week. I thought we had a lot last year at 17, but we have 24 this year spread over two nights.

florens May 22, 2017 4:32 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28343347)
I'll be updating things later this week. I thought we had a lot last year at 17, but we have 24 this year spread over two nights.

No worries, there's still some time. Staying at the HGI Heathrow by the way. ^

My OH asked if she can join just to watch/observe, but I guess this is not possible due to the space, right?

KARFA May 22, 2017 4:37 am

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28343433)
My OH asked if she can join just to watch/observe, but I guess this is not possible due to the space, right?

Unfortunately not. In the sim there are two seats for pilots and three jump seats behind. So for a group of 4 there are only enough seats for the instructor and the 4 in the group.

florens May 22, 2017 4:44 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28343440)
Unfortunately not. In the sim there are two seats for pilots and three jump seats behind. So for a group of 4 there are only enough seats for the instructor and the 4 in the group.

That's what I thought. Thanks anyway.

headinclouds Jun 30, 2017 9:07 am

It's been a while since the last post. Any news?

KARFA Jul 3, 2017 11:10 am

Originally Posted by headinclouds (Post 28504468)
It's been a while since the last post. Any news?

Hi headinclouds. Sorry for the silence. Some updates coming soon - hopefully this week.

GeorgeAmbler89 Jul 3, 2017 7:58 pm

Is there still space on this or can I go on the standby list?

Soddon Jul 18, 2017 5:45 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28515123)
Hi headinclouds. Sorry for the silence. Some updates coming soon - hopefully this week.

Hey Karfa, any update on this? Trying to figure out my leave and travel for the rest of the year, and coming from PHL means I'm not just taking off early from work on the Friday. :)

KARFA Jul 19, 2017 7:19 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeAmbler89 (Post 28516790)
Is there still space on this or can I go on the standby list?

Hi GeorgeAmbler89. I am so sorry I missed your post before. Our capacity is 12 per evening and we are already at that. I can certainly add you to a standby list - could you do either evening? It is also possible depending on what simulators we get that we could squeeze another one in, and I may know this soon, but for now it would be standby only for you I am afraid.

Originally Posted by Soddon (Post 28574480)
Hey Karfa, any update on this? Trying to figure out my leave and travel for the rest of the year, and coming from PHL means I'm not just taking off early from work on the Friday. :)

Hi Soddon. I am sorry, I said there would be an update coming last week and I didn't give one. I have been in touch with BA and we are just waiting to hear what simulators we have. We have a request for 3 x 747 and 1 x 777 for each night. Depending what we get depends on how I will sort everyone for the two evenings - we may only have the 777 on the first evening and not the second for example. We should be hearing what we have got about now in July.

What I will say is that
- for those who said they could only do one of the two dates anyway they can proceed on the basis they will be on the date they have posted on here
- or those who could do either if that has changed and only one is now possible please let me know now.

As soon as I know what we are getting I will sort out the groups and put it up asap so folks can book travel and hotels etc.

GeorgeAmbler89 Jul 19, 2017 10:10 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28579144)
Hi GeorgeAmbler89. I am so sorry I missed your post before. Our capacity is 12 per evening and we are already at that. I can certainly add you to a standby list - could you do either evening? It is also possible depending on what simulators we get that we could squeeze another one in, and I may know this soon, but for now it would be standby only for you I am afraid.

Hi Soddon. I am sorry, I said there would be an update coming last week and I didn't give one. I have been in touch with BA and we are just waiting to hear what simulators we have. We have a request for 3 x 747 and 1 x 777 for each night. Depending what we get depends on how I will sort everyone for the two evenings - we may only have the 777 on the first evening and not the second for example. We should be hearing what we have got about now in July.

What I will say is that
- for those who said they could only do one of the two dates anyway they can proceed on the basis they will be on the date they have posted on here
- or those who could do either if that has changed and only one is now possible please let me know now.

As soon as I know what we are getting I will sort out the groups and put it up asap so folks can book travel and hotels etc.

Thank you, either date works for me. Being on the standby list is fine :)

george