FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   British Airways | Executive Club (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club-446/)
-   -   FT BA Flight Simulator Outing to Heathrow [UK] – 20/27 October 2017 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/british-airways-executive-club/1833135-ft-ba-flight-simulator-outing-heathrow-uk-20-27-october-2017-a.html)

mikeec Jul 27, 2017 2:49 pm

Thanks KARFA; schedule looks fine with me.

florens Jul 27, 2017 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by headinclouds (Post 28616237)
Well, off to book some planes and rooms. Soddon mentioned some good ex-USA fares but I could not find them. I was planning an avios redemption, but not if there are some decent fares. How easy is late nite travel to Bath Road, where the SPG/Marriott hotels are located from the simulators? Last, but not least, thanks to KARFA.

I think buses run all night, so does the tube.

mikeec Jul 27, 2017 3:29 pm

Originally Posted by florens (Post 28616438)
I think buses run all night, so does the tube.

I have just booked The Premier Inn, 15 Bath Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW6 2AB for the bargain price of £29.50 for the room. I added in the Premier Inn breakfasts for 2 (me and wife) for a grand total of £51. We have stayed here before and really liked it. There's a bar and restaurant in the hotel itself as opposed to being in a separate building like some Premier Inns. There's also a raised area with a few benches at the far end of the car park where you can sit and watch aircraft landing on the north runway (weather and wind permitting).

We will have a car there so can most likely offer a lift back for a few people if anyone else is going back to that general area on 20th October. I'm in 747 Group 3.

If you do want to book that particular Premier Inn just double check you have got the right one as there are several others around Heathrow.

S_W_S Jul 27, 2017 4:08 pm

I've booked the Hilton Garden Inn for the 27th, still got to book flights.

Edit: Booked my flights now, I'm on the following:
BA1343 Fri 27th October
BA1344 Sun 29th October

Could someone update the wiki for me please? :)

KARFA Jul 27, 2017 4:45 pm

Well, off to book some planes and rooms. Soddon mentioned some good ex-USA fares but I could not find them. I was planning an avios redemption, but not if there are some decent fares. How easy is late nite travel to Bath Road, where the SPG/Marriott hotels are located from the simulators? Last, but not least, thanks to KARFA.

423 from Hatton Cross to Harlington Corner and on Bath Road is probably the best - it's free and runs every 30 minutes after 11. Last one is about 0030 though. Other than that uber will be plentiful and probably £5.

Tube does run all night but will only take you to T123 and T5 or T4 which is not going to be of much use going to Bath Road.

KARFA Jul 27, 2017 4:46 pm

Originally Posted by mikeec (Post 28616538)
I have just booked The Premier Inn, 15 Bath Road, Hounslow, Middlesex, TW6 2AB for the bargain price of £29.50 for the room. I added in the Premier Inn breakfasts for 2 (me and wife) for a grand total of £51. We have stayed here before and really liked it. There's a bar and restaurant in the hotel itself as opposed to being in a separate building like some Premier Inns. There's also a raised area with a few benches at the far end of the car park where you can sit and watch aircraft landing on the north runway (weather and wind permitting).

We will have a car there so can most likely offer a lift back for a few people if anyone else is going back to that general area on 20th October. I'm in 747 Group 3.

If you do want to book that particular Premier Inn just double check you have got the right one as there are several others around Heathrow.

I have stayed there quite a bit and it's perfectly good, especially for that kind of price. I have quite a few T3 trips this year and have used this Premier Inn for £30. Otherwise the new one at T4 seems to be similarly cheap atm - yet to stay there but will try it in September.

GeorgeAmbler89 Jul 28, 2017 4:01 am

I'm only coming from Essex so I'll be driving. Is there parking available or nearby?

Thanks!

KARFA Jul 28, 2017 4:24 am

Originally Posted by GeorgeAmbler89 (Post 28618333)
I'm only coming from Essex so I'll be driving. Is there parking available or nearby?

Thanks!

Looking at the notes from last year we were offered parking very close to Vanguard House where we meet up so you should be fine. I will send the specific instructions closer to the date.

bhbloke Jul 28, 2017 5:06 am

I'm tempted to travel out from Central London by Motorbike rather than Tube for this, so would be hoping to park nearby.

GeorgeAmbler89 Jul 28, 2017 5:59 am

Originally Posted by KARFA (Post 28618365)
Looking at the notes from last year we were offered parking very close to Vanguard House where we meet up so you should be fine. I will send the specific instructions closer to the date.

Great, thank you

headinclouds Jul 28, 2017 7:38 am

Originally Posted by mikeec (Post 28616538)

Hello, partner !! Same group as you. Those are good prices, but I saw a package for Virgin Atlantic flights IAD-LHR-IAD + 2 nights at the HGI for $760 all in. I thought that was a good deal, but may need to reconsider. Thoughts?

Soddon Aug 14, 2017 9:58 am

Hey, sorry for the slow reply. I rarely see cheap Y BA fares from PHL direct to LHR. Does happen, but not frequently. I was kinda thinking about taking advantage of the IAD-ATH J fare and then flying back to LHR. Gives me a bonus vacation and another country or two en route. :-D.

KARFA Aug 18, 2017 6:16 am

Quick question, does anyone know @cl65amg ? He seems not to have singed in to FT since 3 July. Have sent him a PM too but no reponse. Bit concerning that after comitting he has gone awol.

cl65amg Aug 18, 2017 6:34 am

Sorry @KARFA, been out of the country on a project for a while and just came back last night.
Yes, I can confirm attendance.I understand I have been allocated to a three people group which I have no problem with. Thanks for all the arrangements.
Also I will be driving up from Esher, if anyone is nearby, I can offer a ride.

KARFA Aug 18, 2017 6:38 am

Originally Posted by cl65amg (Post 28705760)
Sorry @KARFA, been out of the country on a project for a while and just came back last night.
Yes, I can confirm attendance.I understand I have been allocated to a three people group which I have no problem with. Thanks for all the arrangements.
Also I will be driving up from Esher, if anyone is nearby, I can offer a ride.

Hi cl6amg. No problem. Welcome back :)

Yes, so you are in a group on 27 October. It will be a 4 group, I need to confirm person 4 as it may be one of two people, but regardless of who it is it will definately be 4 of you in that 747.

There should be parking nearby in one of the BA car parks should you need it. I will send details closer to the date.